Forum LockedMy highline is now 99% done! Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UKDaveJ View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2005 at 05:19

The wings used were good second-hand ones I had sourced from another 6 owner, off a scrapper, some time ago. Originally they were for my green 635, but came into service for the Highline instead.

Once adequately prepped & painted they were fitted.

They were stone-chipped on the reverse, then given a rubberised/wax coating that should mean they last longer than the rest of the car........!!! Lots of regular hose-pipe'ing under the wings should help to ensure their longevity.

Dave

My 635's.
Sponsored Links

UKDaveJ View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2005 at 19:12
Hi guys,

Was away last week, but came back on Sunday & was able to collect my Highline! Very Happy

I'm very pleased with the completed work.

This was not a total refurb, 'just' replacing front wings, repainting boot lid after repairing it on the lower seam & removing a quite large dent, repairing/repainting rear spoiler, repairing/repainting lower door edge (forget which one now.....), repairing/repainting around rear number-plate lights, the 'infamous' Highline trap below the numberplate, around the rear lights where the corrosion was pretty advanced, replacing/repainting the sunroof panel (this caused major anquish all round...).

All in all, quite alot of work.

The rear '635csi' badge was in a poor state, so at the moment the car is debadged - must admit I quite like it that way.

Also, the side stripes need to be done (later this week), although I rather like it without.......! Only still on the doors.

The number-plates are going to be replaced, these ones are pretty tatty.

Wheels to be refurbed very shortly.

A few pics for your delectation guys.

This work cost me 700.00 GBP all in, for which I am most pleased!! Bargain me thinks.

More pics to follow when I get the chance & have given the car a good wash & polish.

Dave Very Happy

My 635's.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic