FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked330d air filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mikali View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 330d air filter
    Posted: 12-February-2006 at 17:13

Thank you for your reply,  I will give it another go.  When feeling at the back of the engine under the bulkhead there is what could be a locating stub or dowel. It is very difficult to see, but feeling around it doesnt seem to have  a machined head tha the allen bolt would have had.  Anyway  there always the disc cutter{ha ha}.

Sponsored Links

pm9575 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2006 at 16:14

As always with modern manufacturers there are several hoses and grommets attached to the plastic covers over the engine. Sounds like you either have still to find an allen key socket bolt or two (check under the bulkhead, or right down towards the base of the head) - or you have to release a few grommets/ hoses to free the cover. The covers do have bottom locators pegs to help with alignment but these should normally simpy pull free when you lift up the cover.

mikali View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2006 at 04:53
Having changed oil filter ,oil, fuel filter on my sport touring I have tried to remove the air filter cover but having removed all the allen bolts Ican see I still cannot lift cover off?? It is still attached somewhere. Anybody out there had similar problem and knows the solution  I be grateful for the answer!!!!! THANKS..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic