Forum LockedAllied Vehicles Pollock ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 04:45
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

it's your right to choose who you want to repair your car if its through insurance

Ah, yes, true, but...........

They may not give you a car whilst your's is off the road if you don't use Their repairer!

Choose your own repairer and get the third party insurers to provide you with a hire vehicle if it's a non-fault.

grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 07:23
Take it where you want, my insure tried this recently - what a pain in the ****. Had to pay an extra £50 to take it to my choice an even then they started whinning about BMW labour rates. Tell them you've taken it to garge of your choice that will shut them up - lets face it if there was anything in the samll print of your policy they would have told you by now.
Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 07:55
Definitely get the work done by the garage of your choosing, often insurers will use the cheapest bodyshop they can find in an area. I've seen the standards of some insurnace repairs and they have been absolutely shocking. When I got rear ended, the insurance company were told where I was taking the car, and then got sent the (rather large) bill when all said and done, which of course they queried but by that stage I had an immaculate repair job, and I left them and the garage to fight it out 

If you do need a car, get on to a company called Helphire, who provide a vehicle to non-fault drivers in the event of an accident. I was given a very nice brand new Vectra for a month, and the insurance company picked up the tab.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 08:34

just phoned "ADMIRAL" and i spoke to a different person about using my prefered garage, they said "yeah not a problem, just get them to fax through a price for the repair"

what i got told from the repair shop i'd rather use was: i'd have to get insurance for a loan car (Nissan Micra!) as they don't have Admiral on their book's, they also told me about "helphire"... but to be honest i can't be bothered with the hassle i just want my car sorted.

Fax should be sent through today for: rear bumper, bumper support bar, black plastic bumper strip, bumper mount's (shocker type) repair to rear panel  and all painted.

hope to hear something back for mid-next-week? once they have the go ahead they will order in all the part's, paint the bumper first, then ask for my car to be taken in

"Fingers Crossed"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12