Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home - Regional & Specific Forums - Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConnemara Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 10:40

Enjoy the run, lads; great piece of countryside.

Unfortunately, it yet again clashes with the Galway Rally, so I'll be out setting up our stage.

Ye're all welcome to come and marshal on the stage on the Sunday before ye go home.......

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 11:19

Originally posted by Ben O Brien Ben O Brien wrote:

i nearly lost my life!!

..... as well as a big lump of thread from one spot on your tyres once you hit the anchors!

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 11:38
Touch wood i wont be making a repeat of it this year!
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 20:31

Originally posted by Daxklynsmith Daxklynsmith wrote:

Originally posted by Dergside Dergside wrote:

I wasn't going to mention that Ben.....

Now why does that ring a bell in my memory....??

It was when we were out driving by the side of a lake i cant remember, Kevin spotted me daydreaming and slammed on the brakes in front of me, i nearly lost my life!!

That was a bit stupid of him ?  All well and good having a bit of fun, but that's the sort of antic that gets a big no no in my book - no matter who he is/was/wannabe.

larzyh View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 20:54
I totally agree with nn_dd's statement expressed above; "brake testing" is utterly stupid!
Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 20:58

From what I remember it certainly was'nt deliberate , the scenery was stunning ,everyone was rubbernecking, a moments innattention.

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 21:43

It wasn't deliberate.  I was behind Ben when it happened.  Kevin was just braking to deal with the road conditions.

Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 01:04

Yeah, that's my point, a gentle joke, between people who know each other is taken literally firstly by nn_dd and then followed by Larzyh.

Option1) Do not ever say anything that may be misconscrewed (Spelling deliberate) by anyone  who may well feel offended by any un-pc statement.

Option2) Think before you post an attack (wannebe????) on a gentle guy who sets up a run every year ,helps a lot of people,does a lot of thankless tasks just for the sheer enjoyment of owning a superb piece of machinery.

My riposte is not to Ben or Diarmot or those on the run who enjoyed the teasing but to nn-dd or larzyh .

If you have a problem with my comments regarding your attack on Kevin, kindly pm me as I doubt either Ben or Dergside would wish to slate Kevin .

Dick Klynsmith

(A very grumpy old man)

nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 02:15

Hi Dick,

Grumpy indeed, no need to PM, seeming as you so kindly have posted your thoughts up on the forum. If it wasn't deliberate it wasn't, my comment was based on the "brake testing" not the teasing of it between people who know each other. My slating was of a "brake tester", it doesn't matter to me who that person to be. Just glad it didn't have a sour ending.

Its all very well to make comment after you hear all the facts been aired, so I suggest for yourself to reign in on your own eagerness to jump on a statement that I have made without first letting me apologise for any offence that I may have caused, by getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Kevin's work within the community is well known and appreciated, which exabberated my thought process on the whole thing and I can understand your defense of somebody who has done so much.

So, apologies to Kevin and with all respect Dick, I'll call it as it see it in the future regardless.

Nigel Delaney

(even grumpier)

Can we please leave it at that is this is going off topic, hope to see all at the Connemara run - even if it's in the Volvo !

Edited by nn_dd
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 10:38
Originally posted by nn_dd nn_dd wrote:

Can we please leave it at that is this is going off topic, hope to see all at the Connemara run - even if it's in the Volvo !

Ha ha Nigel i can see the two of us being asked to leave this board before long for bringing Volvos to events! I brought the poor 960 to the burren run and led the group!

And tbh it aint looking likely ill be in a BM for this either... nailing a roundel onto the jeep as we speak!

As for the "braketesting" incident, i dont think it was intentional and even if it was the whole thing was meant in good humour im just glad im not still paying to rebuild the back end of his immaculate E30 convertible!

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 10:57

Ha ha Nigel i can see the two of us being asked to leave this board before long for bringing Volvos to events

If 635CSI can make it we could make it a joint BMW and Volvo car club event!

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 11:05
Killing thing is im involved in setting up the Irish VOC section.. this is making my job so much easier all i have to do is poach most of the members on here..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>