Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home - Regional & Specific Forums - Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeet Dermot the Diesel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 19:56
Very smart and cool looking there dunk
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 20:21

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this Dunc.

There is a chap on the traffic answers forum consideriing an E60 520d

I guess yours is the 2.5 6 pot ?

As for performance, I blatted a 120d on the sliproad at jnc 2 of the M5, and blatted him considerably in a 10 year old 528i, so I'm surprised to read you think it's as quick as your old GT.

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 20:37
Nice photos

It was lovely to meet Dermot today for the first time. He is lovely in that colour and his M styling................of course the best shape IMHO 
I must bring Daphne the diesel along to meet him! That would make a nice photo!

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Originally posted by Jack Jack wrote:

With old age come practicality...

Originally posted by Victor Victor wrote:

Right you are Jack.

Edited by Issy
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:37
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

I know they are different animals but which would be your preferred choice all things being equal

Way too few miles under my belt to comment on that yet...
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:37
Sweet as Duncan, hankering after a 123d myself, hopefully next year but of the hatchback variety.
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:40
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

I blatted a 120d on the sliproad at jnc 2 of the M5, and blatted him considerably in a 10 year old 528i, so I'm surprised to read you think it's as quick as your old GT.

123d is a different animal to a 120d.

2 litre, 4 cylinder, twin turbo, 204bhp, 400Nm.

The most powerful 4 cylinder diesel ever built apparently.

Easily tuned to 245bhp.
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:41

As for performance, I blatted a 120d on the sliproad at jnc 2 of the M5, and blatted him considerably in a 10 year old 528i, so I'm surprised to read you think it's as quick as your old GT.

Twin turbo 4 Nigel. 204 ponies pre-remap; considerably more with digital wizardry. No remap for me until warranty period over tho (must keep telling self that).

Power delivery is totally different but the GT was WAY longer geared than this pup. Torque to weight is heavily in the 123d's favour.
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:44
Facelift model Duncan? Pretty new then?? 
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:51
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Pretty new then?? 

Indeed. The joys of discounting

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 21:52
Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Twin turbo 4 Nigel. 204 ponies pre-remap; considerably more with digital wizardry. No remap for me until warranty period over tho (must keep telling self that).

Power delivery is totally different but the GT was WAY longer geared than this pup. Torque to weight is heavily in the 123d's favour.

Obviously you'll let us know how it goes, it sounds nice (in theory, not in reality lol), it is everything my mates tell me to keep away from............but..........like myself, they are old school.

mil996 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mil996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 22:04
nice motor dunc just needs a bigger alloys n a set a coliovers seen wane the other day on motorway looked minted cheers
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 11:38
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

Nice photos It was lovely to meet Dermot today for the first time. He is lovely in that colour and his M styling................of course the best shape IMHO  I must bring Daphne the diesel along to meet him! That would make a nice photo! ...

Guys you've got it all mixed up, the guys cars should be named after wummin and vice versa for the girls cars.

Anyway Dunc lovely looking car you've got yourself there, I hope you have many happy miles behind the wheel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>