Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:12

And to prove it.

Quick Clay detailing system @ 16.35 Euro's = £11.28

eBay = £8.99

Yes there is delivery on top, but he'll lower it for more purchases, combine, or post on a slower service to get it even cheaper.

Want to see it?  Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category =28641&item=7956285741&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Sponsored Links

Richie View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Irish Region

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:19
Well to be honest there's not much in it but Id' rather avoid the hassle of postage and dealing with someone on ebay.Anyway the more we order the heavier the parcel therefore postage goes up.

Easier to collect it locally for the sake of a couple of Euro!
Richie

llatsni View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
work in progress

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:20
ok, but paypal screws me when i use my credit card to put funds in, and my credit card company screws me on exchange rates.

but sorry for jumping the gun.
1996 e34 525i SE Touring [uberwagon!]
1992 e36 325i Coupe [track car]
1998 e36 316i SE Saloon [sold... but missed]
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:26

Here's a full comparison that I've just done (barring the Quick Clay that I've shown above):

NXT Tech Wax - your price £12.94, eBay = £9.50 with free P&P

NXT Metal Polish - your price £6.70, eBay = £6.50 + P&P

Gold Class Metal Polish - thats a very good price indeed!  Over £4 CHEAPER than anything I can find!  Buy lots of it!

Hot Rims - your price £6.55, eBay = £5.90 + P&P

Microfibe Towel - your price £12.94, eBay = £12.99 + P&P

But you have to remember that those of you placing orders for one or more item would get a postage discount, if not free.

I'm not trying to deride the value of this as a group buy, but perhaps point out that it's not as competitive as it may first seem.  Especially as you're having to order in bulk.

My suggestion would be to contact one of the eBayers and ask them how much they'd do the whole group order for - I bet you'd save even more money.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:30

Originally posted by llatsni llatsni wrote:

ok, but paypal screws me when i use my credit card to put funds in, and my credit card company screws me on exchange rates.

but sorry for jumping the gun.

You shouldn't get diddled on the rates at all.

You could give the guy your credit card details directly.

The two I use (and they're amongst the prices I've listed) are 100% trustworthy.  I've bought loads off them in the last 6 months.

Postage is as I said above - the chances are you wouldn't pay it.

I just find it so convenient, and pretty much unbeatable on price.

Check the Gold Class Metal Polish price though - something not quite right about that.  Perhaps check the size of the product container.

Just trying to help you all get the best possible price.

Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:36

Coasting, to be honest if i'm gonna buy some car wash or sommet, then i'll go to a motor factor and buy some. The fact that Niall went to the bother to organise a group buy and save us a few quid means i will get if off him.

I'm not interested if i can get it from ebay for a few pence cheaper. I'm no millionaire or a fecking eejit for that matter but if want something, then i'll buy it if i think its a reasonable price.

If your not trying to deride the group buy, and Topazman's efforts, why post a price comparison!!?

Wow, you can get it cheaper........1 up for you.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 15:41
Originally posted by Robbie Bradford Robbie Bradford wrote:

Coasting, to be honest if i'm gonna buy some car wash or sommet, then i'll go to a motor factor and buy some. The fact that Niall went to the bother to organise a group buy and save us a few quid means i will get if off him.

I'm not interested if i can get it from ebay for a few pence cheaper. I'm no millionaire or a fecking eejit for that matter but if want something, then i'll buy it if i think its a reasonable price.

If your not trying to deride the group buy, and Topazman's efforts, why post a price comparison!!?

Wow, you can get it cheaper........1 up for you.

Wow.  Hello to you too.

The price comparison is for the purpose it services - "to compare prices".

Nothing more.

None of my wording is derisory, just trying to help.  It's not a matter of one up-manship, but if you want to interpret it like that then suit yourself.  I know what its real intention was.

Incidentally, Topazman, I think you're doing a sterling job and its good to see it being in the interest of the forum.  My intention is nothing like the above user seems to think it is.

Edited by Coasting

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:03

If he's doing a "sterling" job then why did you go to the trouble of finding better prices?

Don't you think he's already been down this road with the supplier?

This group buy was organised by Topazman for the Irish region as far as i'm aware, although not stated in the topic. I'm sure with the current exchange rate we could probably buy a shed load from the states but thats not the point. After all the work he's done, he can't be expected to now get it from ebay because you found a better price.

Maybe you can organise a group buy for your region/section as we now have a supplier who will offer our club members this deal on a permenant basis.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:18

It's futile giving a full reply.  I've already said my intentions were genuine and the prices took 5 minutes to get, nothing more.

Do you speak for your whole region?  Because I wasn't aware regions were "sectioned" with such firm boundaries as you make out by writing "organise a deal for your region/section as we now have a supplier".  Isn't that closing the boundaries that the internet and clubs such as the BMWCC open up? 

I'll depart "YOUR" section Robbie.

topazman View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:20

God I turn of the computer for an hour and come back to this Robbie i was wondering what you pm was about at the end. My supplier is an Auto Factors and at the moment he has not got a big trade in the meguiars stuff but the more I talk to him the more I reckon we can get lower prices and he can ring up the supplier directly and give me the prices there and then. If I wanted to compare prices just look at the US prices they almost give the stuff away. Its like all new products they sell it at the high price until the market picks up and when they import larger quanties the price will come down for me in organising the Group Buys  I also deliver to most lads if I can and don't take the money till I had over the goods so I am grateful for everybody buying what they say they want and not leaving me out of pocket. Coasting thanks for your price comparison but things on ebay are always cheaper but it doesn't mean you get what you see or get it at all, but I can mention these prices to my supplier and see whant he can do as far as I am concerned we are as competitive as Meguiars UK website if not better

Topazman  

Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:25

Topazman

I did say that I can vouch for the reputation of the sellers of the products through personal experience (regarding eBay reliability).

However, you are of course right in what you say about early supplier negotiations and the ability to build on discounts as time progresses and purchasing volumes increase.

Delivering in person to those in your region is also another factor that offers value to your fellow members too, I know.

Thanks for your constructive reply though.  It's welcome to me in light of some of the above.  I was being trying to help throughout, nothing more.

Coasting

Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:27
Having just been on the Meguiars website I agree that your prices are very good indeed. Planning to buy some of the stuff myself from a local factors here in Edinburgh when I find one that supplies it. To be honest I can't see why everyone is geting their knickers in a twist... Coasting was only offering alternative prices and he got abuse for his troubles? I don't see us all as being sectioned either, I'm always posting in other areas like this one. National forum, get over it and enjoy it!
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:34

RIGHT CAN WE END THIS BITCHING ON THIS POST AS I WANT TO CONTINUE THE GROUP BUY TOPIC FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE PRODUCTS SO LETS JUST END IT AT THAT AND CONTINUE ON BEING ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY, LETS JUST BEG TO DIFFER ON OUR OPINIONS ETC AND JUST KEEP OUR CARS CLEAN AND SHINING AFTER THIS SH**E WEATHER

TOPAZMAN   

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:38

Quite.

I have withdrawal symptoms.  Over 2 weeks of being unable to wash the car because of snow, rain, sleet and god knows what else coming out of the sky (I'm in Newcastle after all!).

Why does a clean car always seem faster!

If I don't get 3 hours to wash it this weekend I'll die of obsession deprivation.

Has to be said mind you....Megauirs does a stunning job when you get the chance to use it!

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:41
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

It's futile giving a full reply.  I've already said my intentions were genuine and the prices took 5 minutes to get, nothing more.

Do you speak for your whole region?  Because I wasn't aware regions were "sectioned" with such firm boundaries as you make out by writing "organise a deal for your region/section as we now have a supplier".  Isn't that closing the boundaries that the internet and clubs such as the BMWCC open up? 

I'll depart "YOUR" section Robbie.

....ah don't go dude, a bit of constructive crticisim never hurt anyone

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 16:47

Quite.

Why does a clean car always seem faster!

If I don't get 3 hours to wash it this weekend I'll die of obsession deprivation.

Has to be said mind you....Megauirs does a stunning job when you get the chance to use it!

Because you want to be infront of the other cars that are spraying the crap of the road up on your clean car. Thats my excuse to the other half when I clean the car and go for a spin and it starts to rain

Topazman

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 17:17

Originally posted by llatsni llatsni wrote:

Ok, i've gone mad, the father in law has offered me 120 sheets to fully valet his VW toureg!!! *queue insane laughter*, so i'll add to my order the following and annoy you by asking for other items:

1x NXT Metal Polish
€9.70

Can u get:
1. 4 pack applicator pads
2. Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner - and or - cleaner

coooolin

llatsni at the moment the group buy is only for the list I have done out but the next one will cover more product and before you know it we will have all the Meguiars stuff at the best prices I can get, I'll see what I can get the applicator pads for next week but I have to try and keep my supplier happy with this Group Buy first before I go to the next but you never know. I'll add the NXT metal Polish to your list

Topazman 

mikerd4 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 17:25
bloody hell this got a bit touchy didnt it, I for one am very happy with Nialls stuff and the personal delivery is very good. Coasting you are in Tyneside so you obviously dont know about Irish price mark ups and the fact that a lot of places dont want to deliver to the republic.  

All about the sounds:-
Source:-Alpine 9833R Comps:-Phoenix Gold Ti6 Elites, Sub:- 2 x Focal Polyglass V2, Amps:- Arc Audio XK4150 & Soundstream Van Gogh All in a custom boot build
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 17:31
I don't want to revisit the subject really as I accept that you're all happy with the done deal and can see various reasons why, but the sellers I recommended would all ship to the Republic.  (I know of the price mark ups because I have relatives there).

Richie View Drop Down

Irish Region

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2005 at 18:16

I don't want to revisit the subject really as I accept that you're all happy with the done deal and can see various reasons why, but the sellers I recommended would all ship to the Republic.  (I know of the price mark ups because I have relatives there).

Maybe it's time you paid those relatives a visit Coasting(in your car of course). I fancy a spin in a phoenix yellow M3 convertible!!

The mark ups really are nuts over here. As I did the first group buy I remember the NXT wash on the shelf was €26. Now thats nuts!!!

I hear what your sayin Coasting but I think we like the idea of dealing locally and it's a good excuse to meet up when our lacky (topazman) gets the stuff.

Anyway back to the topic in hand....Who wants what!

Edited by Richie
Richie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic