Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Does it have chrome bumpers?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2005 at 07:20

Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

[

Yes, and unknown to you, your vote has already gone to your local Labour candidate via the post....

Well, it was Labour councillors caught, and they did say the system could have been set up by a banana republic - WCUK?

IanT
E28 528, E23 735
Sponsored Links

Goldryder View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2005 at 07:34
I just hate politicals..they keep moving the flaming goalposts...

Like this...

There will be a few people none too happy about this goalpost being shifted..especially as the powers at be have left it to the discretion of the airlines. Going to cause problems cos a would-be passenger being stopped from boarding a flight cos the airline is 'showing their discretion' could well have grounds to sue, especially if another airline says they can travel with a particular item that was once on the banned list.

Yet another can of worms opened in time for the election.
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2005 at 07:52

Originally posted by Doive Doive wrote:

Labour are now the party for the well off. Who in this country owns a car? Almost everyone here will have one or more! Do you have your own business? Worse still, do you drive a truck for a living?! Watch as your income is taken away in income tax, fuel tax, council tax and stealth tax. Tax, tax, tax. None of this seems to be invested back into the country, instead huge amounts of it are handed to immigrants and dole scroungers - could anyone tell me please why some of the immigrants have been given 3 bed houses, a car paid for and 2 grand a month allowance, while the working people of this country are squeezed until we burst? Rich is the only way to survive under 'New' Labour.

I tell you what wound me up no-end a while back.

An assylum seeker came to buy a cheap second hand car from my dad, they have to obtain a written quotation, then the DSS writes a cheque to the dealer ...no problem with that, but the cheeky @#&%$ had the brass neck to ask my dad to "up" the quote, and give him the balance in cash so he could get some more money out of them (us).

Im sure you can imagine the response he received.

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2005 at 08:07
Originally posted by Praktisk Praktisk wrote:

An assylum seeker came to buy a cheap second hand car from my dad, they have to obtain a written quotation, then the DSS writes a cheque to the dealer ...no problem with that, but the cheeky @#&%$ had the brass neck to ask my dad to "up" the quote, and give him the balance in cash so he could get some more money out of them (us).

Thats nothing new these days. Benefits and illegal immigrants or whatever they like to call themselves is a very sore point with me..VERY sore point.
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2005 at 17:15
Originally posted by Goldryder Goldryder wrote:

Originally posted by Praktisk Praktisk wrote:

An assylum seeker came to buy a cheap second hand car from my dad, they have to obtain a written quotation, then the DSS writes a cheque to the dealer ...no problem with that, but the cheeky @#&%$ had the brass neck to ask my dad to "up" the quote, and give him the balance in cash so he could get some more money out of them (us).

Thats nothing new these days. Benefits and illegal immigrants or whatever they like to call themselves is a very sore point with me..VERY sore point.

Well, you know who to vote for.... and this time you've got a choice of at least four parties, none of which have much of a chance of winning....

Edited by Horsetan

Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2005 at 21:20
Typical scenario that has emerged under Tony and friends. Soon we will have a country with no native industry or economy, people leaving in droves and the remainder full to overflowing with immigrants from all corners of the globe. Makes me proud to be British.

Edited by Doive
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 05:04

Originally posted by Doive Doive wrote:

people leaving in droves and the remainder full to overflowing with immigrants from all corners of the globe. Makes me proud to be British.

Almost everyone in this country is an imigrant anyway. Normans Saxons etc. The only original British people are the Celts.

Most of the imigrants are comming into this country because they are needed. They do the jobs that we won't. I also believe that it is the fact that this country has embraced imigrants over the years that has given us such a rich society. If you look at other contries and back through history it is the places that have embraced imigrants and the diversity that they bring that have prospered.

I appreciate that there are problems in some areas and that some people have had genuine reasons to take issue with imigration, but IMO the issue has been blown out of all proportion by the likes of the Daily Mail and other people using it merely as a political tool.

If you ask me bring in the imigrants and to stop the country becoming over populated just get rid of the chavs! Big Smile

A bit of hard labour in Sibera might do them some good!

At least imigrants from poorer countries tend to know the meaning of a hard days work, unlike some of the dregs in our society.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
bmwz3 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 07:42
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

[QUOTE=Doive]  Almost everyone in this country is an imigrant anyway. Normans Saxons etc.

....Couldn't agree more...England is completely over-run by "Immigrants"...if we were to define "immigrants" as those who "emmigrate" from their countries ! So here is the list.....

Tony Blair...scottish (by birth and education)....Immigrant!

Gordon Brown...scottish....Immigrant!

Robin Cook....scottish...Immigrant!

Charles Kennedy...scottish....Immigrant!

Michael Howard...Romany...Immigrant!

Portillo...spanish...Immigrant!

John Redwood...attempting to sing welsh anthem...Immigrant!

Anne Widdecome...alien....Immigrant !

MTEC530D View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 07:48

--EDITED--

edited for language content, please read forum guidelines

Edited by Rhys
Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 08:13

Well, all very good and true points. In that case, I'm an Irish immigrant - but then again that makes me a celt so perhps I'm the only native around here.

I think the issue is more the fact that people come in from other countries who are not in genuine need of help and the government rewards them with huge cash handouts, while the good people of this country work their fingers to the bone in order to make a living and be able to pay all the taxes the government takes and hands out to scroungers. As for the chavs, well the less said about them the better. Does this have anything to do with the decline of morals in this country I wonder? 

www.doive.co.uk
MTEC530D View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 08:21

i'm with you 199% as i worked all my life up until 2000 when a motorbike accident left me disabled and low and behold i get ofut of hospital to find a mountain of forms just to get a measely few quid to live on and when i said to woman in DSS if i was an imigrant i wouldn't have to do all this she said no because they can't read and write english (--EDITED--) but because i can i have to fill in 6 or 7 forms and fight them for a few quid.

OH and how come you never see disabled imigrants and --EDITED--. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THE WORLD.?

VOTE BMP there the only ones who are fighting the real causes. There leader's charge of inciting Racial Hatered isn't racist he's just saying what most true Brits are thinking. Even my grandma who incidently has never said a racist word in her life now wants all the imigrants stopped she never went through a war to feed these bar stewards.

Someone help me down from this soap box lol

Any more racist comments and you will find yourself suspended indefinately..

Read the forum guidelines before posting again!

Edited by Rhys

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 08:31
Originally posted by bmwz3 bmwz3 wrote:

[QUOTE=Doive]  Almost everyone in this country is an imigrant anyway. Normans Saxons etc.

....Couldn't agree more...England is completely over-run by "Immigrants"...if we were to define "immigrants" as those who "emmigrate" from their countries ! So here is the list.....

Tony Blair...scottish (by birth and education)....Immigrant!

Gordon Brown...scottish....Immigrant!

Robin Cook....scottish...Immigrant!

Charles Kennedy...scottish....Immigrant!

Michael Howard...Romany...Immigrant!

Portillo...spanish...Immigrant!

John Redwood...attempting to sing welsh anthem...Immigrant!

Anne Widdecome...alien....Immigrant !

Well since England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are all part of Great Britain, most of these people are not really imigrants.

I think the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion. I know a lot of people who rant and rave about imigration based purely on what they have read in the papers. Papers like the Daily Mail which are well known for distorting the truth to suit their own ends. IMO the Mail is only good for one thing, as a stand in when you run out of Andrex  Big Smile

My point about most people in this country being imigrants was that it hasn't done us any harm at all and I believe that it has made Britian the great place it is today. The people who go on about how we should stop them comming in and taking our jobs are either silly or very misguided. Many businesses want imigrants to come and fill the jobs we wont. As with any group of people there will always be some who work the system and take advantage, but is this any different to any other group of people. After all there are lots of non imigrants taking advantage of the welfare state.

The British people need to look a little closer to home rather than trying to find a scape goat to blame for all the problems in this country at the moment.

Edited by Peter Fenwick
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 08:45
Being someone who since 1989 has been forced to give up work, despite many attempts to reverse this, I am seriously annoyed with the way certain countries see this one as a soft touch and thus come here claiming asylum and thus getting everything they need to set up home and live comfortably. Some of these live far more comfortably than those who work their socks off, I hasten to add. Also I am seriously annoyed by cases like that in the press last week of a couple who have had 8 kids, live in a semi-detached council house who are on benefits and want the next door house knocked into theirs to allow the kids more room and the parents to have a chuffing en-suite flipping bathroom.

If you want a chuffing mansion, get off your fat behinds and get a job and earn it!!!!

This country is too soft on those who come into the country cap in hand and those just out to scrounge. We all know its a better living alot of the time on benefits when you got a herd of kids, but that doesn't give anyone the right to breed like chuffing rabbits.

I'm on disability benefits, and will be til the day I get cremated, but I have to go through hoops, deal with incompetent claims departments and generally demean myself if I require further help. Now I find that despite the previous DSS office not paying me what they are supposed to have done, I have to sit twiddling my thumbs while the head honcho investigates this and even found to be true I might not get the money cos is a very large sum and has to be authorised by the 'decision maker'.

When I worked I earned in excess of £1500 a week, most of that was nicked by the taxman. I think I deserve a bit more respect from the benefits agency so I might just go out to the shop and buy some fake tan and pretend to be an asylum seeker cos their claims are deemed to be more urgent than us mere people who were born and bred in this country.

bmwz3 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 09:48

Well since England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are all part of Great Britain, most of these people are not really imigrants.

Yes, I know Peter. Just making a point, and to make people think outside "the box", that depending on the "boundaries" (say England as I said above) the definition of "immigrant" can change dramatically.

Yes, you are right. We have to look closer at our own problems than to find scapegoats.

Here are some thoughts for everyone to mull over.

1. 80% of the wealth of the country is in top 20% of earners. This figure is about 50 to 60% in the USA...even though we bang on about evils of capitalism it shows that the society at large is more "balanced" there ! So, you have absolutely no chance here of breaking from the "shackles" of the society...yes, you will "earn" enough to buy a second-hand "glorified wheely bin" and go about "zymolling" it endlessly. 25 million cars "used cars" against one  million (or two) new (per year) ...thats says it all.

2. Middle class family children have better head-start, chances of higher education and prospects of better jobs...even if it just "paper pushing" ! Upper classes will go to Eton and end up in house of lords! You and I will be left bickering about "scoungers" in forums !

3. Anyone read the "class act" book ? Whitehall is infested with this epidemic!

4. Women still get a poor deal in pay and career prospects...it is a ludricrously male (or "bloke") dominated society.

5. Tax evasion and Tax waste through excessive bueracratic expenditure far outweighs the "handouts" to "scoungers" and "aliens".

6. The life-expectancy is directly related to your post-code. NHS cannot do much to enhance that !

All the above "ills" of the society wont disappear tommorrow even if we "got rid" of all the immigrants...highly misguided to think so!.  Yes, your "claims" in the benefit office will probably speed up...but thats about it!

We are simply "barking up the wrong tree" !

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 14:04

BMW Z3, I couldn't agree more.

Imigrants are just a distraction from the real problmes in our society 

Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2005 at 18:48
One of the issues here is that Tony has declared that he wants all people to be wealthy - now anyone with an economic bone in their body will tell you that this is not possible. Let's assume that everyone in the country earns enough money to become 'wealthy' as Tony said. Now this money has to come from somewhere, and this somewhere usually turns out to be us! Businesses and producers will have to raise their prices to meet the demands for wages, exported goods are priced out of the market by ever cheaper far eastern goods, and the government takes VAT, income tax and export tax off all these things. Inflation increases and the net result is that we are wealthier but in fact the extra money is now worth less. Who benefits? The government!

Mr Bliar is full of unrealistic targets and promises. But then again so is Mr Howard. And Mr Kennedy. Having listened to the hoops and bandwagons they have all benn jumping through and on for the last few weeks, I have realised that they are all morons and none of them are worth voting for. I still want to vote because my vote is important to me, but who should I waste it on?!
www.doive.co.uk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2005 at 03:23

Originally posted by Goldryder Goldryder wrote:

I'm on disability benefits, and will be til the day I get cremated, but I have to go through hoops, deal with incompetent claims departments and generally demean myself if I require further help. 

The difference between you and those that abuse the system is that they don't mind demeaning themselves. To them it is a means to an end and dignity and pride doesn't come into it.

My brother got a first class degree in electrical engineering and in the period between finishing Uni and getting a job he was signing on. They treated him like a dole scrounger and got funny when he didn't want to apply for a job at Macdonalds. After a few months he got a job for BAE Military aircraft division but before he could start he had to go through security clearance which took about 2 months. In the mean time the job centre made him continue to apply for jobs, even though he already had one, by threatening to stop his benefits.

bmwz3 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2005 at 17:03

My brother got a first class degree in electrical engineering and in the period between finishing Uni and getting a job he was signing on. They treated him like a dole scrounger and got funny when he didn't want to apply for a job at Macdonalds.

75% of  jobs are in the "service sector" ...a euphemism for "paper pushing" . Only 20% or "real jobs" are in the manufacturing. The implication is that people with "real skills" for "real jobs" (like your brother) will invariably encounter "paper pushers" day in and day out ! Even the running of NHS is dictated by "Managers" rather than "doctors"....hence the cry by many to get rid of red-tape crippling the system.

I personally would be happy for my taxes to pay the "scrounger" than the annoying "paper pusher"  who wants to control others life for no good reason!

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2005 at 17:07

...Anne Widdecome...alien....Immigrant !

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2005 at 17:09

75% of  jobs are in the "service sector" ...a euphemism for "paper
pushing"...

For this, you need to read the Grauniad ....on Tuesdays, I think...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic