Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFeeler : Evening Meets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2007 at 22:12
My mate owns the Waterside pub in Strathaven and has offered up part of the pub to us for some light refreshment and food at a discount.

It is a good base for some cracking driving roads down towards the bottom end of the borders. I have used these roads on my driving courses and can recommend both the pub and roads.

Just one idea
Sponsored Links

stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2007 at 22:15

Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

I have used these roads on my driving courses and can recommend both the pub and roads.

hi Gary, can you offer any input on this?

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=985& ;postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=49520d1d65 6b5eff21c18847c975fd77

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2007 at 19:57
I like the sound of that. I used to do a lot of evening driving just jump in car or bike and go for a blast.
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2007 at 22:02
Stephen I need top register so i can't read it. Any chance of copy and pasting it
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2007 at 22:08

My mate owns the Waterside pub in Strathaven and has offered up part of the pub to us for some light refreshment and food at a discount.

It is a good base for some cracking driving roads down towards the bottom end of the borders. I have used these roads on my driving courses and can recommend both the pub and roads.

Just one idea

Sounds great Gary, a bite to eat and a few beers before practicing our advanced driving skills around the borders wearing beer goggles. Can you bring your blue light with you?

Alan.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 18:58

it could also be done in a way that's more local to folk so as some people aren't travelling half way across the country, certain area's could hold there own area meet's ie: Glasgow an surrounding areas .. same for edinburgh, aberdeen and so on  

my local car club meet's every thursday night, just for a chin-wag or to help other's with info or hand's on help 

2003-530i SE
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 19:45
Originally posted by 523 iAN 523 iAN wrote:

it could also be done in a way that's more local to folk so as some people aren't travelling half way across the country, certain area's could hold there own area meet's ie: Glasgow an surrounding areas .. same for edinburgh, aberdeen and so on

From some banter at today's meet that looks like it could be the way this develops...

Stay tuned for when the evenings get that bit brighter and if you fancy pulling something together in your own neck of the woods, let someone on the committee know
E46-Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E46-Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 21:38
Sounds a great plan. Duncan as you know i'm only 5mins from you so anytime you fancy a meet up just give me a roar....
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 21:43

Just one idea

Strathaven's good for me!

It's also good for Lanarkshire, Ayrshire and not too bad for Glasgow - 10 minutes from East Kilbride.

1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 22:24
As I said today Duncan, Falkirk wheel has a MASSIVE car park and now a Restaurant for any future Monthly or even Midweek meets. Just putting the feelers out!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2007 at 22:39

Originally posted by sailorbaz sailorbaz wrote:

As I said today Duncan, Falkirk wheel has a MASSIVE car park and now a Restaurant for any future Monthly or even Midweek meets. Just putting the feelers out!

Thats true Baz & very handy for all us "Bairns" !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic