Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEverything comes in 3’s!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2010 at 18:38

I got a full four wheel alignment done for £65 so your £75 isn't too bad. 

Andrew,
Where abouts did u get a 4 wheel alignment done? and did they use a hunter machine,as im led to believe thats whats needed/best. (i have a 2005 z4 3.0i)

Edited by craig3.0

BLACK Z4 3.0i SE
Sponsored Links

HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 10:09
Falkalnd Performance did mine for £47 inc VAT .... but I am in there alot ....lol

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 12:25

Craig

I got mine done at CH Bull & Sons, Bridge of Weir (BP Petrol Station on the Kilmacolm Road), not sure of what bits of kit they use but there was a noticeable improvement in the cars handling, so much so that I can now detect a difference in tyre pressures between tyres from the way it behaves.

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
alanm_3 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanm_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2010 at 08:14

Well got the car back and I have to say it does feel MUCH better!

The guys tell me that the toe in (or was it out?) angle was out which not only caused the steering wheel to be turned about 15 degrees to the right when the car was driving straight, but was also very likely to have been the cause of the DSC warning light to appear randomly. This was likely to have been caused by our attempts to remove the rear ball joints without the special tool!

So all in all, not as expensive as I had feared. Dealer quotes in () :-

£150 (£320) for the ball joint replacement.

£75 (£200) for the 4 wheel alignment

£90 (£180) for the recoding of the car for the DAB tuner

I would quite happily take my car back to the guys at Mtek, as they seem to know their stuff and the prices are a lot less then the dealer quoted figures.........

cheers

Alan

Edited by alanm_3
2005 E60 545i Sport
alanm_3 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanm_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2010 at 11:14

Just a quick update on the DAB tuner situation. Having got it coded in, I've taken a feed from the TV antenna (after trawling the tinterweb for days to find the right cables and connector), and lo and behold, it works a treat!

If anybody has any interest in doing this retrofit (or the digital TV once I did last year), let me know and I'll do my best to help and advise.

cheers

Alan

2005 E60 545i Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic