Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConnemara Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 20:54
I totally agree with nn_dd's statement expressed above; "brake testing" is utterly stupid!
Larzyh.
Previously or currently, in the family: '77 E21 320, '78 E21 320, '79 E21 320, '87 E28 520i, '88 E30 325iC, '95 E34 525i, '98 E39 528i, '98 Z3 2.5, '98 E38 740iL, '95 E36 Compact, '99 E36 318iT, '02 E46 318iT, '96 E34 525tdsT, '98 E38 740iL...
Sponsored Links

Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 20:58

From what I remember it certainly was'nt deliberate , the scenery was stunning ,everyone was rubbernecking, a moments innattention.

Dax Klynsmith
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 21:43

It wasn't deliberate.  I was behind Ben when it happened.  Kevin was just braking to deal with the road conditions.

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 01:04

Yeah, that's my point, a gentle joke, between people who know each other is taken literally firstly by nn_dd and then followed by Larzyh.

Option1) Do not ever say anything that may be misconscrewed (Spelling deliberate) by anyone  who may well feel offended by any un-pc statement.

Option2) Think before you post an attack (wannebe????) on a gentle guy who sets up a run every year ,helps a lot of people,does a lot of thankless tasks just for the sheer enjoyment of owning a superb piece of machinery.

My riposte is not to Ben or Diarmot or those on the run who enjoyed the teasing but to nn-dd or larzyh .

If you have a problem with my comments regarding your attack on Kevin, kindly pm me as I doubt either Ben or Dergside would wish to slate Kevin .

Dick Klynsmith

(A very grumpy old man)

Dax Klynsmith
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 02:15

Hi Dick,

Grumpy indeed, no need to PM, seeming as you so kindly have posted your thoughts up on the forum. If it wasn't deliberate it wasn't, my comment was based on the "brake testing" not the teasing of it between people who know each other. My slating was of a "brake tester", it doesn't matter to me who that person to be. Just glad it didn't have a sour ending.

Its all very well to make comment after you hear all the facts been aired, so I suggest for yourself to reign in on your own eagerness to jump on a statement that I have made without first letting me apologise for any offence that I may have caused, by getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Kevin's work within the community is well known and appreciated, which exabberated my thought process on the whole thing and I can understand your defense of somebody who has done so much.

So, apologies to Kevin and with all respect Dick, I'll call it as it see it in the future regardless.

Nigel Delaney

(even grumpier)

Can we please leave it at that is this is going off topic, hope to see all at the Connemara run - even if it's in the Volvo !

Edited by nn_dd
E39 530d Touring

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 10:38
Originally posted by nn_dd nn_dd wrote:

Can we please leave it at that is this is going off topic, hope to see all at the Connemara run - even if it's in the Volvo !

Ha ha Nigel i can see the two of us being asked to leave this board before long for bringing Volvos to events! I brought the poor 960 to the burren run and led the group!

And tbh it aint looking likely ill be in a BM for this either... nailing a roundel onto the jeep as we speak!

As for the "braketesting" incident, i dont think it was intentional and even if it was the whole thing was meant in good humour im just glad im not still paying to rebuild the back end of his immaculate E30 convertible!

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 10:57

Originally posted by Ben O Brien Ben O Brien wrote:

Ha ha Nigel i can see the two of us being asked to leave this board before long for bringing Volvos to events

If 635CSI can make it we could make it a joint BMW and Volvo car club event!

Prev:
e39 523i SE.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 11:05
Killing thing is im involved in setting up the Irish VOC section.. this is making my job so much easier all i have to do is poach most of the members on here..
99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
94' M3 3.0 Convertible

*E36 M3's Breaking*
larzyh View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 18:54

The joy of forums (fora?) is that they allow fairly un-edited expression of points of view. I stated mine in relation to "braketesting", a term not used first be either nn_dd nor I in relation to this issue; I stand by that statement.

I appreciate that the incident referred to was in fact not a case of "braketesting".

I will extend my sincere apologies to anybody who felt that I personalised the discussion as that was certainly not my intention. I hope to meet both Kevin and Dick at future events and hope there are no hard feelings.

Larzyh.
Previously or currently, in the family: '77 E21 320, '78 E21 320, '79 E21 320, '87 E28 520i, '88 E30 325iC, '95 E34 525i, '98 E39 528i, '98 Z3 2.5, '98 E38 740iL, '95 E36 Compact, '99 E36 318iT, '02 E46 318iT, '96 E34 525tdsT, '98 E38 740iL...
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 20:11
Originally posted by Dergside Dergside wrote:

Ha ha Nigel i can see the two of us being asked to leave this board before long for bringing Volvos to events

Might be nearly as many Volvo's as BMW's then , while you guys will be enjoying crisp handling and taking on the undulating surfaces - I'll go falling asleep wondering what bad roads.....

I'll also be giving seminars in the following categories, Power Understeer, Living with Torque Steer and then demonstrating  how to show a clear pair of heels to a 530 until you meet a corner. Bookings taken on the day - if I get the M3 back next week, it's going to be a busy one as the NCT and Tax are up since April !!!!

E39 530d Touring

Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 20:27

Ok,Ok, so I'm suffering from from a bad case of PMS brought on by crows feet through the pearl coat after 7 careful layers between whatever b****rdised cheap thinners the Previous owner used on the Boot and the bonnet.

My apologies for attacking Nigel and LarzyH.

Unless I can lay Barcoat, primer , undercoat ,pearlcoat and Clearcoat between this Saturday and Next then I too will be driving something other than a BMW on the 25th.

Dax Klynsmith
digweed View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
I’m SOOO cut out for world domination!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 22:19

Might be nearly as many Volvo's as BMW's then , while you guys will be enjoying crisp handling and taking on the undulating surfaces - I'll go falling asleep wondering what bad roads.....

I'll also be giving seminars in the following categories, Power Understeer, Living with Torque Steer and then demonstrating  how to show a clear pair of heels to a 530 until you meet a corner. Bookings taken on the day - if I get the M3 back next week, it's going to be a busy one as the NCT and Tax are up since April !!!!

If I bring the bike I'll give the seminar on how to show a clean pair of heels to an M3 .

D
Dermot O Rourke, used to be '99 520 black metallic
Now '01 525 M-Sport, cosmos black, sports half leather seats, upgraded lights and a kick like a mule!!!
m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 22:51

Sorry guys im prob blind, but what time are ppl meeting up and what exact location? Ill be there in my m3, and also trying to convence friends to bring 840 & 750 fingers crossed.  Look forward to it.  Also what time does it tend to finish?

I miss my m3.......
m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2007 at 22:59
Sorry. saw the details there.  its late im tired!!!
I miss my m3.......
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2007 at 04:56
Originally posted by digweed digweed wrote:

If I bring the bike I'll give the seminar on how to show a clean pair of heels to an M3 .

D

...............until you meet a corner

E39 530d Touring

nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2007 at 04:59
Originally posted by Daxklynsmith Daxklynsmith wrote:

Ok,Ok, so I'm suffering from from a bad case of PMS brought on by crows feet through the pearl coat after 7 careful layers between whatever b****rdised cheap thinners the Previous owner used on the Boot and the bonnet.

My apologies for attacking Nigel and LarzyH.

Unless I can lay Barcoat, primer , undercoat ,pearlcoat and Clearcoat between this Saturday and Next then I too will be driving something other than a BMW on the 25th.

No Probs Dax, could be a scenario where there will be more non-BMW's due to too many BMW's broken down....

E39 530d Touring

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 13:42

Well, the time is approaching.  Just wondering how many definites we might have at this stage?

Barring the unforeseen, I'll be there.

Confirmed:

• Dergside
  • Ben O'Brien
  • kizersozsy
  • Larzyh
  • Daxklynsmith

Edited by Dergside

Prev:
e39 523i SE.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 13:47
Im still on albeit probably not in a BM..
99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
94' M3 3.0 Convertible

*E36 M3's Breaking*
AHEALY View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AHEALY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 14:05
Unfortunately as it turns out i'll be in Cork this weekend, so I cant make it.  
Ado
'97 523i & 95 M3
97 Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon (sold)
kizersozsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kizersozsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 18:28

Hi guy's

do you mind if i tag along with you all for the connemara run? i'll be driving a little 320 baur tc 20 years old alpine white

kizersozey

current 90 E34 520,
        03 d4d avensis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic