Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home - Regional & Specific Forums - Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConnemara Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2007 at 10:01

Originally posted by Daxklynsmith Daxklynsmith wrote:

Digweed, happened to pass your car at Johns Gerridge today, what dropped into your engine??

It might be my 330 you saw? 

I had an occassional fault a few weeks ago where the EML and ASC lights would come up, the cruise disengage and it went in to limp home mode.  John diagnosed a faulty coil pack but unfortunately, while changing the plugs at the same time one disintegrated and some pieces fell in to a cylinder.  He thought he got them all but there was obviously something still there so we ended up with a bent valve.  The head has been off to retrieve the bits, check the head and replace the valve, etc.  I think he has all the bits back so I should have it back soon.

Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2007 at 22:13

Ouch!!!! sorry Dairmut/Dairmud/Dermot/Dergside, I get confused at times!!!

Yeah, looked deep into the pots and felt for you.

I've now had my original head rebuilt  (which does'nt have the sound of umpteen clattering tappets) and am trying to get up the enthusiasm to change  heads again!!!!

All thats stopping me is that St Jude has'nt been on the road as such since Kinvara and I'm wondering wether to test all the Hoses/connections with the older noisier head first??

Besides, she's carrying about a ton extra in body filler and assorted metal strips now.

gjoconnor92 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

The eyes have it

Post Options Post Options   Quote gjoconnor92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2007 at 15:02

Looks like the Connemara Run is going to be a good event again this year with nearly 10 people having expressed their intention of doing the event so far.

So if you are doing nothing and looking for a challenging extremely scenic drive be there at the Gateway Hotel, Oughterard, Co Galway at 10:30 August 25th

larzyh View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote larzyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2007 at 18:47

How many are "nearly 10 people" - 9?

See you there. Looking forward to my first meet.

Edit: I've been trying to persuade my friend with an E83 to join in (I don't think his wife will let him but I'll keep trying).

Edited by larzyh
G.T. View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2007 at 19:06
Originally posted by gjoconnor92 gjoconnor92 wrote:

...a challenging extremely scenic drive...
Surface-wise, exactly just how challenging are the roads there? Good, bad or plain ol' ugly?
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2007 at 21:47
On previous runs the roads have been reasonably surfaced R grade roads and generally of the fun variety, traffic permitting, with good scenary thrown in.  There shouldn't be anything that would give rise to damage but it would be prudent to be watchful for the occassional pothole!
beemerchris View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Quote beemerchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2007 at 21:58
Myself and Ger are still comin over from Dublin for it
Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2007 at 22:57

Originally posted by Dergside Dergside wrote:

On previous runs the roads have been reasonably surfaced R grade roads and generally of the fun variety, traffic permitting, with good scenary thrown in.  There shouldn't be anything that would give rise to damage but it would be prudent to be watchful for the occassional pothole!

Or the Chairman in a mint E30 convertible braketesting you while you gaze aimlessly at the scenery!

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 00:20
I wasn't going to mention that Ben.....
Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daxklynsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 00:46

Now why does that ring a bell in my memory....??

Curley View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Quote Curley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 08:01

Well I just about know every road in Connemara, it's fine for a run, just watch out for the occasional pot hole or step ( inagh valley great for them and between Creerach church to Leenane......

Might try and make it for half of it, anyway this is the link to the loop.

http://www.goconnemara.com/

Enjoy..

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2007 at 09:42
Originally posted by Daxklynsmith Daxklynsmith wrote:

Now why does that ring a bell in my memory....??

It was when we were out driving by the side of a lake i cant remember, Kevin spotted me daydreaming and slammed on the brakes in front of me, i nearly lost my life!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>