Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedive bought another E30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2008 at 13:11

i'll add this in just now, i'm sure alun can help with more info ..

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t13/sl8terrx7/Flyer-1-800 x381.jpg

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
Sponsored Links

alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2008 at 13:20
Yeah no problems if anyone needs to know anything, If i don't know (as i work there) i can find out.

That flyer is terrible though. It's not a product of my hands. :-)
alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2008 at 13:25
Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

Originally posted by alun alun wrote:

I've asked the guys on here about the castle thing but not had any updates yet. Would be good to see a BMW club there.  

Alun - you seem to be the best person to pursue this. If you can get details of the event e.g. date, contact details, entry requirements, etc and pass them onto Tommy (Shorty) - he will follow it up and add it to the events list {it is currently on the possible list - awaiting detail}

Sorry Neil, didn't notice your post there.

I passed the details to Duncan in November (i think) or early December. I can look into it for you no problem, I had not done anything as I thought Duncan had passed it to Tommy already.

Je ne sais pas.
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2008 at 13:26
Originally posted by 523 iAN 523 iAN wrote:

i'm now on the hunt for some Tech-1 lower skirt's and a better (lower) suspension set-up ... maybe i'll even mot it before the end of the year   .. or do i just drop the car as low as it'll go without adding a Tech-1 kit??

Ian, tech-1 al the way!! Thay look the best IMO!! And about the suspension, you can get a 30mm drop BOGE spring kit for about £80, thats what I've got at the mo and it looks fine!!

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2008 at 14:55

cheer's Paul, think i'd like to drop the rear slightly more than the front, some decent priced full kit's on ebay 40/50 split etc.

i was offered the tech 1 part's a few weeks back but need to boost my "project funds" first

2003-530i SE
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2008 at 16:51

another wee update

a wee teaser    15" + 7.5j-et25 MiM wheels

..DAM!!  i should have polished the car first, before i took they pic's!  

should have all 4 wheel's tomorrow then in a few week's my mate in chameleon powder coaters is gonna give them a refurb & a coating of high finish silver 
need 10mm spacers for the front, gonna fit 195/55/15 on them for a slight streach look 

ive now also got a repair panel for fixing the rear arch  tiz getting there slow N steady

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2008 at 16:58
and with rubber on them they'll look really good. I'd have it lowered too, what about a low euro type look?    
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2008 at 17:01

yip lowering is on the list  

lower, clear light's, tech-1 kit and a few suttle item's colour coded mirror's and stuff

bigger job's first though repair rear arch, MOT, alloy's all sorted then the above

2003-530i SE
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2008 at 18:20
Looking good.  I thought they were Harges at first.  There's a smart wee Dolphin Grey Sport with colour coded Hartges goes about East Kilbride/Rutherglen/Cambuslang.  It looks great Hartges are my second favourite E30 wheel:-

1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2008 at 21:51

UPDATE

treated my E30 to another set of alloy's, 15" Mille Miglia .. (ive now got 5 set's of wheel's for a car that ain't even on the road!) .. bought via ebay, just been refurbd and shod with new 205/55/15 tyres 

gave it a wee polish toooooo

a "panel beaten freind" is fitting a new rear wheel arch tomorrow, and today i bought a set of unused "split look" lowering spring's from Boyd (m3Cecotto)

sooo i might see if i can fit them tomorrow while Liam is fitting the new arch repair panel 

PS ... you gotta see how it's lookin, i'm as chuffed as .. a chuffed person   it's been a struggle at time's to buy some part's but to see how it is looking now pushes all they thought's right "oot ma heed"

all going to plan i'll post pick's tomorrow night of the rear arch work and hopefully of my E30's new sleek, lower look  then it'll be MOT (next thursday) and if i'm not working i'll show my work of at the next meet in April

2003-530i SE
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2008 at 14:15
Looking good Ian , but 5 sets of wheels!! Throw some my way if you want!!lol. I like the look of the MiM Wheels tho, deffo get them on it!!
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Tomski View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2008 at 18:06
Looking good Ian,you are a busy man.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 00:44

affraid i'm sticking with the Mille Miglias Paul, the MiMs would cost to much for me to get them the way i'd want them. (might have sold the mims?)

today saw the new arch section fitted, my mate (Liam) had to cut away more than was first thought to "rid the rot" ..

before

marking out

new section welded in place before filler was added to smooth it out

the metal work master Liam with a well deserved cuppa (with another of my mate's)

a couple of pic's i took before the work was done  .. note i had removed the rear seat for the welding work.

it's looking a little sad at the moment, ive still to smooth out a little of today's work, then it'll just be a quick cover up untill i can get more ££ together for it to be painted proper, got a quote for painting both side's, then the guy say's "tell you what, i'll paint the whole car for that price as ther's hardley any prep work"  

2003-530i SE
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 01:11
Looks a good job on the arch Ian. It's coming on.  Prefer the Hartge style wheels myself, but those look really smart. Different.

Looks a bit low at the back though? About 35mm? :-)
1981 E23 735i

Bavarian Retro Cars
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 01:18

haha Boyd, the boot is only full of part's (inc: new spring's) i never got round to fitting any of the suspension, must have taken me at least 95 min's to get from the Erskine Bridge cut of to my house!  bloody road work's are a nightmare!!

i'm quite embarresed to show how it look's at the moment, due to having to cover the work done with a colour that is about 10 shade's lighter

2003-530i SE
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 01:35
I was down that way today.  They're dreadful.  Miles of roadworks and not a bugger doing anything.

No cause for embarassment, you've turned round a car that was heading for the breakers into a smart wee cab that'll survive.  Cause for a bit of self satifaction I'd say.
1981 E23 735i

Bavarian Retro Cars
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 19:38
Looking good mate well done.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 20:08

Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

Looking good mate well done.

thank's Gary, maybe this time next year both our car's will be ready

2003-530i SE
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 21:29
I wouldn't hold my breath on mine mate
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2008 at 22:52

do you think i'll see a difference in height once the new spring's (red one's) have settled down?

fitted the front's tonight

fitted the rear's last night

just to fit a replacement full beam lever and a reg-plate bulb and i think that's it ready for it's MOT?

2003-530i SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic