Forum LockedRemapping Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 11:41
Originally posted by chippeduk chippeduk wrote:

There were no threats,

The story told was only half a story and the car in question was tested again with the bonnet up as i sugested with a further 5hp.

When you consider these cars are usually down on power in standard form it means this car is around 10hp over the standard car tested,

If you are referring to my car it originally had 185.8bhp with the bonnet down before the remapp and is nothing like that now as it has reduced in power and I now have two flat spots at 2000rpm and 4000rpm which I didn't have before  so I am a very unhappy customer and you have not contacted me at all to find out how I the customer feel  

Now 2004 M3 Coupe Silver Grey with all the bits
Sponsored Links

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 12:02

Are you going to reply to my email or not Jayson I wanr this matter resolved as I am not happy with my results my car is down on power on what it had and if I got it dyno'd with the bonnet up before you remapped it it would be showing better than now

I AM NOT HAPPY

chippeduk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ECU Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 12:07

All i can do is contact you which i have done.

I couldnt reply to you on the other forum due to kdevvit.

I am 100% confident there is an issue with your car somewhere and am more than happy to fly over to ireland but think maybe you calling me to discuss is better than making problems on various forums.

To make it clear, does the car feel flat ?

Did it feel worse after the remap ?

I think not and this is why i am adament that there is a fault somewhere else but putting that asside, i am still more than happy to come over and take a look at it for you.

jayson@chippeduk.com
www.chippeduk.com
07815-501867 - 01527-579345
Richie View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Irish Region

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 12:10
Why are we not hearing of a refund and your old map restored.Surley that normal customer service.
Richie

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 12:11
If you wish to come over then by all means do but my car will be brought to a main dealer when it is being looked at and I will have the technicians lookin at my car also but you have I presume spoken to Robbie at TDP and seen the print outs. This is going on long enough I have taken time of work on Sat to get my car dyno'd and drove down at my own cost so Jayson I am not happy with the remapp and wanted it to be sorted out as I have no confidence in any form of remapping by any company on my car now   

Edited by topazman
topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 12:18

All i can do is contact you which i have done.

I couldnt reply to you on the other forum due to kdevvit.

I am 100% confident there is an issue with your car somewhere and am more than happy to fly over to ireland but think maybe you calling me to discuss is better than making problems on various forums.

To make it clear, does the car feel flat ?

Did it feel worse after the remap ?

I think not and this is why i am adament that there is a fault somewhere else but putting that asside, i am still more than happy to come over and take a look at it for you.

Yes at the 2000rpm I did feel the flat spot and at 4000rpm there is a slight flat spot but not as bad as it originaly was but I eliminated that at the dealers before the remapp and its there again now but as I said slightly. Jayson I am not happy with the remapp and want my car restored and my money refunded Robbie checked out my car and there were no faults with the car and I don't want teh dealers lookin at my car for fear that they will do something to it and you Might say they shoul not have done something etc

chippeduk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ECU Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 12:34

I am trying as hard as i can to help you here so please, accept the fact i am doing all i can to help you.

Your car gave the following results

179.9hp

178.4lbft

The stock figures from the factory are:

170hp

154.8lbft

According too BMW Car Mag, Total BMW Mag, Performance BMW mag your car gives around 164hp in standard trim, this is backed up by many 320`s run in standard form in the magazine rolling road shootouts taken at an average from the past 3 years on various indipendant rolling roads around the UK.

This means you are actually 15hp and 24lbft up on the figures almost all 320`s ever tested in standard form have ever given.

If you want a refund this isnt a problem, if you contact martin he will arange this immediately, but i just wished you had contacted me via phone at least once instead of chosing the option to make as much trouble as possible.

You said your car got 185hp last time it was tested on a rolling road but there is no recorded 320 e46 ever giving a figure even close to this.

Edited by chippeduk

jayson@chippeduk.com
www.chippeduk.com
topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:01

My car was not stock when I tested it I got 185.8bhp as it has a k&n panel filter and an Eisenmann stainless steel exhaust system fitted and is regularly serviced and looked after by the lads at the dealers who are always checking my car for any little problems etc and my warranty covers everything with them

10bhp up on standard is 180bhp ish but my car was 185.8bhp before remapp so is not stock so a 10bhp gain should read 195.8bhp ish  ???????????????

Just cause there is no car recorded does not mean its not possible other cars which were standard were showing higher gains than quoted by BMW which we all know always give lower bhp quotes than what the cars put out

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:13

If you want a refund this isnt a problem, if you contact martin he will arange this immediately, but i just wished you had contacted me via phone at least once instead of chosing the option to make as much trouble as possible.

Sorry Jayson but I emailed you at the start and expressed a wish to discuss with you outside the forums but you never replied to me, Joe who is your new rep here in Irealnd rang me once but I have never heard from him again and the next person to contact me was Robbie from TDP who informed me that he would Dyno my car for me as you were I think paying for the test and would I agree to it which I did and took a Saturday of work to travel down to him and get my car tested so at no stage have I not co-operated in any way and have not hidden anything from you or have a hidden agenda in any way against you or your company. 

chippeduk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ECU Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:16

I really think you need to calm down just a little, your not in a position where you are being ignored, nor are you in a position where you are being left with no recourse.

I am now, and always will be willing to help you as much as i can no matter what the cost or time involved so please treat me with the same respect as i am treating you.

I am not trying to rubbish previous tests on the car and i do accept your car is a mint example but if i said to anyone that a k+n filter and exhaust would give a 320 20hp gains over the figure almost all 320`s give i would be laughed at by all.

Seriosuly, there is no way a 320 will give 185hp from these mods.

As i said, the usuall figure is around 164hp on a VERY good car.

Now with the remap, the exhaust and the filter you have had the car tested on an EXTREMELY accurate rolling road and the figure you have is one i would expect.

You are 15hp above that nearly every car in your class achieves and as such i am personally happy with the figure.

Having said that, i can see you are unhappy and as such am more than willing to refund you but please, i can only do so much.

If this isnt enough can you make a list of your requirements so that i can know once and for all where we stand as this is dragging on a little.

jayson@chippeduk.com
www.chippeduk.com
topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:21

No problem Jayson all I want is my money refunded as you have already offered and the map from my car returned to me and the matter is resolved and we can get this thread closed.

So no hard feelings as I am very calm and have not abused you in any way or form and have just replied to questions that you posted 

chippeduk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ECU Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:36

Just wished you had called me.

Joe will be up and running in the next 2 weeks.

Once done he will make an arangement to meet with you where the file will be replaced with a stock file.

If you could contact martin about the refund that would help matters. 

jayson@chippeduk.com
www.chippeduk.com
topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 14:30
OK Jayson will get in contact Martin and look forward to hearing from Joe soon so no hard feelings and all the best in your business I just wished it was all sorted out sooner so can the Mods now lock this thread NOW   

Edited by topazman
aubergine View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 16:39
So would I be right in saying that you wouldn't recommend it
Niall?

Rob.
1999 E36 323 Coupé, 1994 E34 530 Touring, 2006 F800s.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 16:44
Im going to put this one to bed. Further messages can go on the dark side forum!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic