Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMclaren’s Groundhog Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2007 at 18:44

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Lewis is off....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/70680 01.stm

....funny how he's going to a tax haven........

Switzerland eh? The country that Banned all forms of motor-sport  

Michel Shoemaker lives(ed) there, had 'racing-driver' as his occupation - so he could draw the dole

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2007 at 18:50

'Financial issues may also have played a part in Hamilton's thinking, with wealthy Switzerland residents paying significantly less tax than in the UK.'

LOL of course they did!

no bloody wonder eh...Tax in britain is shocking compared with our european counterparts.[rant over]

At least he won't get hounded by the british media..two fingers to them.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2007 at 19:13
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

At least he won't get hounded by the british media..two fingers to them.
two? that's generous

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2007 at 19:21

Originally posted by Lewis Hamilton (allegedly) Lewis Hamilton (allegedly) wrote:

"I don't know whose going to be my team-mate next year, I'm not particularly bothered. If it's going to be Fernando then great, but I'm really not fussed either way."

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2007 at 22:14

Well thepits was correct...

Mclaren go for the Fin-ish

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2007 at 10:12
That's a photoshop if ever I saw one.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2007 at 11:15

Originally posted by www.formula1.com www.formula1.com wrote:

Date set for McLaren’s Brazil appeal

The FIA’s International Court of Appeal will hear McLaren’s case against the decision of the Brazilian race stewards on Thursday, November 15.

The British team lodged an appeal after it was decided that BMW Sauber and Williams would not be punished following suggestions that their cars had run with fuel more than the permitted 10 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature at Interlagos.

After an investigation, the stewards decided there was not enough evidence to justify sanctioning the teams and the result of the race, which saw Nico Rosberg finish fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth for BMW, was declared official.

So they might get No's 1 & 2 yet

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2007 at 20:20

hmmm... it seems Renault have cast out towards alonso:

the Bait

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2007 at 20:44

what a load of b****x!

"Symonds, claims that the team (Renault) has always given its drivers equal equipment in the past but reckons the sport is evolving in such a way that throwing resources behind one person may be the only realistic strategy to win titles now."

So thats why Alonso won the two championships with them and don't forget that Renault=Benetton - you going to tell me that Michel shoemaker and Johnny Herbert had equal equipment? I thought not!

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 09:42
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

.......... you going to tell me that Michel shoemaker and Johnny Herbert had equal equipment? I thought not!

No wouldn't dream of doing that, Herberts a good driver....but Herr Schumacher is World Class, so the equipment was definately different i.e. the driver. 

Edited by Sporty1

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 10:13

what a load of b****x!

"Symonds, claims that the team (Renault) has always given its drivers equal equipment in the past but reckons the sport is evolving in such a way that throwing resources behind one person may be the only realistic strategy to win titles now."

So thats why Alonso won the two championships with them and don't forget that Renault=Benetton - you going to tell me that Michel shoemaker and Johnny Herbert had equal equipment? I thought not!

so you disagree with Pat Symonds then...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 15:37

so you disagree with Pat Symonds then...

What ever gave you that idea?

Since Flavio has been around IMHO they have Always favoured one driver over another. OK, so maybe one driver is better than another (MS-v-JH for example) BUT it doesn't help the other when one is 'favourite' in the team - even if they don't admit it. Hiding data, getting updates first, etc, etc...

With Ferrari it's obvious, in other teams maybe not so.

Williams (again IMHO ) has been the only team who truely had no 'team-orders' even to the extent of 'letting-go' a drivers world champion - or two

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 15:45

No doubt this was the case with Ferrari in the Schumscher era but 2007 has been more even in my opinion... until that is one driver was not mathematically able to win the championship regardless of the finishing positions of others. 

BTW by ''other teams'' do you mean Mclaren?

Quote "

"In the race I felt he was pulling away and I wanted to keep pushing," Hamilton said. "'Back off five seconds for Fernando,' the team said. 'I want to win this race. It's not over till I see a flag,' I replied. 'No, keep the gap to five seconds,' they said. But I said: 'I'm not here to finish second'."

Full story

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2838966,00.html

Is that what is known as team orders? Or backing one driver?

Edited by Sporty1

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 16:14

No doubt this was the case with Ferrari in the Schumscher era but 2007 has been more even in my opinion... until that is one driver was not mathematically able to win the championship regardless of the finishing positions of others. 

Massa has always been no.2 - funny how he's had longer pitstops isn't it  

BTW by ''other teams'' do you mean Mclaren?

Yes - the majority of teams have a 'favourite' driver - for one reason of another. Even Spyker, but in their case is more to do with money than winning the championship

Is that what is known as team orders? Or backing one driver?

Both

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 19:10

Since Flavio has been around IMHO they have Always favoured one driver over another

and Ross Braun didn't?

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 19:38

Since Flavio has been around IMHO they have Always favoured one driver over another

and Ross Braun didn't?

Originally posted by thepits - previously - thepits - previously - wrote:

keep up

(and it's spelt BraWn - as in strong, not as in the razor )

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 19:49

ok, ok Ross Brown..

(no excuse, just another bad day at the office)

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 19:57

what a load of b****x!

You are right pits, shoemaker had better quipment - BIGGER BALLS!

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2007 at 22:28

Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

You are right pits, shoemaker had better equipment - BIGGER BALLS!

They all spoke with a squeaky voice once the crutch-straps were tightened

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2007 at 12:24

It's official....Alonso  bye bye.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41226

Nothing on his replacement yet or where he's heading.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic