Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede34 chips and other questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: e34 chips and other questions.
    Posted: 24-August-2004 at 00:45

Hello,

What chips are available for a 535i e34? Seen some on ebay but not sure about them, any of you bought any?

Recomendations?

The other thing is none of the dials light up ie rev counter speedo etc, only warning lights work ie handbrake, indicators etc.

Is it just a case of replacing the bulbs? not sure what happened but when i bought the car only half the speedo and all the temp gauge lit up and that was it, then about 1 month later the rev counter and the fuel gage lights packed up.

cheers

BENN

Edited by Benn_535i
Sponsored Links

Deathace View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Don’t stick keys in electrical sockets.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2004 at 07:18

Benn,

Have a word with ChipedUK you can either search this forum for the user and send him a PM or search on ebay and ask the seller a question. He seems to know what he is talking about and offers the Viper2 chips for the 535i along with other models.

I personally bought my chip from a tuning/racing company in germany who took into consideration options that were installed in my car and the setup of the car in general before sending me a remapped ecu chip based on my ECU number and other factors (i don't know if this was necessary but i did it anyway) since i installed the chip i have noticed good improvements in various aspects of the performance.

The only issue i had was that i had to go via a friend in germany as the people would not deal outside the country even though they knew the car was UK spec. I will try and get the information for you later they may have decided to change their policy etc.

In regards to the lights for the dash it sounds like its just the bulbs. There are 2 screws at the top of the cluster which hold it into the dash just unscrew them and fully extend your steering wheel towards you so that you can unplug the cables and slide the clocks out without having to remove the steering wheel. Replace the lights and test it before refitting (plug cables in and switch lights on) if all is ok then refit and job done.

hope that helps

Russ

1990 535i SE Auto Metallic Glacier Blue, Low Mileage,
M-Tech Bodykit, Full Leather & Various Custom Mods.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic