Forum LockedOschersleben FIA ETCC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
BMWCC & Coupe Register Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oschersleben FIA ETCC
    Posted: 15-September-2004 at 14:46

So this weekend the ETCC guy's are back in action.

Andy has only 5Kg's of ballast and is in need of two great results if he is to keep up the championship challenge.

The on track action starts on Saturday and the schedule for the FIA ETCC is as follows:

Saturday, 4 September
09.00 – 09.30 – Free Practice 1
12.45 – 13.15 – Free Practice 2
15.30 – 16.00 – Qualifying
Sunday, 5 September
09.30 – 09.45 – Warm Up
14.45 – Race 1 – 14 laps (51.338km)
15.45 – Race 2 – 14 laps (51.338km)

I will be keeping my fingers crossed!!

Edited by CarlA
Sponsored Links

Peter H View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2004 at 12:46

Andy's Weekend of Mixed Fortunes

19-09-2004

So Near But So Far

I was hoping that after Oschersleben I would still be in with a real chance of winning the drivers’ championship, but now it will take a miracle for me to be able to overtake Dirk Müller, who has a twelve point lead over me.

I don’t know what I have to do to win the Championship as I have won five races this year, which is more than anyone else. But I have three non finishes because I have been taken out by an Alfa. Today was the culmination of this when Augusto Farfus took me out at the start of race two and more or less ruined my championship hopes.

The problem in race two was Tom Coronel was in front of me and so I had nowhere to go. On the exit of the corner Farfus came to the right of me. I defended and stayed on the left hand side down the straight. He was behind me, he was accelerating alongside me and next thing I know there were several bangs and I was finished. Kamikaze round the outside.

I think I will have to build a tank as I cannot think what else I can do. Anyway I must not winge as I now need to look forward. My aim in Dubai is to win both races as I know I have one of the fastest and most reliable cars in the series, and I cannot fault anything my team has done for me.

In race one everything was perfect and the win almost seemed easy. However, all in all I have had a brilliant season but I have also had a really unlucky one. Anyway we still have two races to go so watch our for my car in Dubai.

Das Wolperdinger

AHN-NYUNG-HEE GA-SEH-YO
Peter H View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2004 at 16:13

NEWS [ 845 ] - 19 Sep 2004
SEAT WINS RACE AND BMW THE FIRST TITLE

Lady Luck proved to be very capricious in Oschersleben. If she had favoured Alfa Romeo in Saturday’s qualifying, on the race day she smiled to BMW and SEAT.
The 17th and 18th rounds of the FIA European Touring Car Championship at the Motopark have delivered the first, unappealable verdicts for the titles: BMW has mathematically claimed the Manufacturers’ Championship for the second year in a row; on the contrary, the Drivers’ Championship will be decided on the last race meeting in Dubai (October 8), but it will be a family affair between three men of the German make. At the same time, SEAT obtained its first race win since it joined the FIA ETCC at the beginning of 2003.
Gabriele Tarquini, the outgoing champion, and Alfa Romeo leave Oschersleben disappointed and embittered. Their chances to win another title – re-launched two weeks ago in Imola – vanished after only three laps of today’s first race, when Tarquini retired due to a transmission failure that also prevented him to start in the second race.
This left the BMW drivers free to make their own races, with no threat to lose the championship in favour of Alfa Romeo. Andy Priaulx won Race 1, but he was victim of a race accident in the second one; just like Jörg Müller. Thus Dirk Müller was able to score important points, stretchig his leading margin in the championship to 12 and 17 points ahead of Priaulx and Jörg. With 20 points still to be awarded, this leaves only theoretical chances to his fellow BMW mates.
The second race turned to be a triumphal march for Rickard Rydell and SEAT. The Swedish driver snatched the lead from Coronel, and then resisted to D. Müller’s return. He drove a perfect race, claiming his first personal win in the FIA ETCC – after a number of podium results for Volvo and SEAT – but also gave the Spanish Manufacturer its first win in the European Championship. A well deserved honour, since the Toledo Cupra cars and his three drivers have become more and more competitive as the season progressed.
BMW’ s perfect day was completed by the results of the Independents Trophy and the DMSB Produktionswagen Meisterschaft. In the Independents Trophy, Carly Motors’ Tom Coronel won both races to secure the second consecutive title for the Dutch Team directed by Carly Pellinkhof. The two races counting towards the German championship were also won by BMW drivers: Franz Engstler and Claudia Hürtgen; the latter also stretched her leading margin to 27 points ahead of the Schubert Motors’ team-mate Thomas Winkelhock.

Das Wolperdinger

AHN-NYUNG-HEE GA-SEH-YO
CarlA View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
BMWCC & Coupe Register Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2004 at 16:24

Just had chance to watch the races  (at the Wessex show on Sunday)

As Andy said it will take a miracle for hime to claw back the points gap.

I guess thats racing!! (at least there is some in ETCC)

Carl.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic