Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance for 1602
    Posted: 04-October-2004 at 16:01
Give Heritage a look , some more insurance talk here : http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6419&am p;PN=1
Best Wishes

Nigel

Sponsored Links

Andy C View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2004 at 14:42

Dave, have you tried the insurers that advertise in the club magazine? I always found Firebond to be pretty good, and cheap, when I was running an '02 as an everday car on their classic policy. Now I'm over 30, Lancaster Insurance don't even charge me $90 for the year, though its a low mileage policy. You can get a quote from their website in a couple of minutes

www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk   

Andy

stu2002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2004 at 04:13

Dave

I came up against exactly the same problem with my other half.  Despite her having an exemplary driving record, because she is under 30 years old it was a case of pay the high premium or not insure her.

In the end I never did find a reasonable quote and so had to stump up £500+ for the privilege.  And she was only a named driver.  Sorry, I don't know what the answer is but I sympathise with you.

When I recently removed her from the insurance they still tried to crucify me with only a marginally reduced quote (£400).  I confronted them with a competitive quote from elsewhere and got it reduced to £125.  So, they would have shafted me given half the chance, despite 8 years of custom.  Glad I got that off my chest.

By the way, if you work in the media - never admit to being a journalist.  Insurance companies think that you're giving celebrities lifts in your car, here, there and everywhere!!!  Megabuck payouts if you have a crash and the celeb is injured, therefore skyhigh premium.  Sounds bizzare but true.

ambrose_dj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2004 at 14:38

I am 27 years old and have a BMW1602 1975 which I am currently trying to restore.

I have been unable to get insurance for this car due to being under 30 years old.

Can any body tell me if they know where I can get insurance for my 1602.

I have tried normal big name insurance company's but they quote stupid money.

Many Thanks

Dave

Edited by ambrose_dj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic