Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFactory Fitted Alarm System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Factory Fitted Alarm System
    Posted: 01-October-2004 at 07:30

A a new member to the forum this is my first post. I have recently experienced a problem with the BMW factory fitted alarm installed in my E36. The alarm is a BMW 3G EWS system which beeps/flashes twice when active and once when deactive. When activating I now have a tone after the 2 beeps which is suggesting one of the check circuits was incomplete. In addition to this the system now has a mind of its own deciding to trigger at random, the only solution at this time is to disable the alarm to prevent embarrassing triggers in the middle of the night.

Before consulting with my nearest stealership I would appreciate any help or advice if this fault can be rectified simply.

Sponsored Links

dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2004 at 12:16
check the bonnet switch. Also does your interior light
work when it should. Most probably a dodgy contact
switch on door or bonnet. Mine has done it as I
hadn't closed the bonnet properly.

328 Coupe Sport, Digital climate, full leather, OBD computer, De-restricted with M50 manifold, big bore throttle, chippeduk remap, custom cold cone intake and X-brace
195 BVY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2004 at 04:09

Dave 328, Thanks for the info.

I've checked the bonnet, boot and door switches and they seem to be working fine. However an interesting development observed this morning, got to the car and noticed the interior lights were on before attempting to unlock the car! The only way to turn them off was by the manual switch by the rear view mirror. Another clue is that whilst driving the car I now notice the passenger door window dropping a few mm and closing again at random as though the door is being opened, obviously this is triggering the interior lights. It looks as if I have a suspect passenger door switch although when I try to set the alarm with passenger door window fully home I still get an audible tone after the two beeps. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic