Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĂ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede36 323i 24v Coupe Exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: e36 323i 24v Coupe Exhaust
    Posted: 04-October-2004 at 08:02

Hello, Can anybody tell me if the cat and back box from a 325 e36 will fit my car? i am in dire desperte need of new system and can only find these second hand! Help!

P.s I know the 323 is a single pipe system and the 325 is a duel pipe, my question is will it fit the downpipe and hook up in all the right places? ( The lamba sensor is before the cat! )

The 325 twin system comes into a single pipe just after the cats and i'm sure something must be able to be done as i've seen the M3 system on a 320 24v!

Somebody please shed some light on this as i'm getting so confused and thinking about buying a metro!!!

Sponsored Links

Duncan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2004 at 15:31

I think you need to give experts here more information. The model year of your Coupe, and whether you have the re-tooled M52 2494CC engine. Some changes were made in late 1997 for the 1998 model year.

All older 325's that I've seen, merely have the back box with two pipes at the end, then the system goes to only one catalitic converter, and then the pipe divides to connect to the manifold.

Good luck with it. You could ring a BMW Dealer with your Chassis number and ask them. You have nothing to loose from calling.

Duncan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic