FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFor Sale motorsport convertible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Sale motorsport convertible
    Posted: 14-March-2003 at 13:57

H' 1991 325i Motorsport edition convertible.

The car is a ltd edition Mauritius Blue with full Lotus White leather interior. A confirmation of authenticity can be supplied from BMW against the chasis number to prove it is a ltd motorsport edition. It has covered 76k and has the sports switchable auto box. It has always been used as a second car and has only 2k in the last 12 mths. It has 12 mths mot and tax till August. I have serviced this car locally and have the garage stamps to support it.

I have spent the last 4 years pampering this car and have attempted to restore the car to its original condition. The only wear is typically on the two font seats which i am getting sorted prior to sale.

Exterior.  It has the usual mtech factory bodykit fitted with a set of 17" Alpina style alloys and the front and rear M emblems. 15" BBS can be supplied instead. Apart from the alloys it is totally standard. The cars paintwork is totally unmarked and comes with a hard top which I had colour coded last month. I replaced the blue soft top 18 mths ago which still has a perfectly clear rear screen. I would advise reproofing the soft top to retain its water repelling once the hardtop is removed. Window rubbers have been replaced to stop any leaks.

Interior.   It has full Lotus White Leather which i had redyed (connolised) for last summer. There is no visible wear except for the front seat bolsters which i intend to have repaired before sale. Whilst the leather interior was being redyed I had the carpet removed and cleaned and all black interior plastics redyed. I would expect the interior to look superb once the seat bolsters are sorted. The sale includes an original BMW rear wind deflector £250 +. I have fitted an expensive flip front panasonic cd/tuner,rear amp to boost sound with the roof down,elec aerial, replaced all speakers and custom fitted tweeters-all stereo kit is mounted as standard so as to not affect the interior.

Mechanically.   Since buying the car i have replaced the battery/alternator/discs/calipers/mtech springs this coming weekend/inserts/wiper motor/ all with standard parts.  I also had a stainless exhaust made (not a loud boy racer job just a quiet maintenance free twin system using a magnex rear box). I have also fitted new tyres last month. 215/40 17 falkens. The only known faults are the hood motor thread sheared off from the roof frame connecting rod so I converted it to a manual roof, the motor is still operable but needs a new thread.  These will be considered in the sale price.

This car seriously turns heads as it is not far from looking new again.

Kiddy on the way - new 4 door car coming soon with boot big enough to fit mothercare. I have also sold my 325 sport coupe which was the same standard. The only condition of sale is first option to buy back. I haven't got a digital camera but will obtain some photographs for email upon interest. The car is located nr Ormskirk, North West.

£7500

Sponsored Links

ajbm325ic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2003 at 09:15
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2003 at 15:30
Did you sell the car mate?
ajbm325ic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2003 at 09:27

No, after a lot of thought i have decided to keep it, I just can't part with it.

Thanks,

Andy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic