Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport Evolution tuning
    Posted: 29-December-2004 at 13:53

Hello all!

I'm new here, read alot of posts and subjects which have been very interesting. I have a 1990 Evo Sport 2.5L which isn't much quicker than my E30 318is. I dyno'd the car and it only made just over 150BHP. With a bit of fettling with the air flow sensor I managed to get it to 180BHP. After this I fitted a new air flow sensor, which saw the power drop back down but not so much. I have read in one of the Topics (now closed) that the Hayward and Scott exhaust system basically should be binned! This is fitted to my car and is comming off the car as soon as the new one arrives, which from the forums seems as though the Miltek is the one to get. Is this still THE exhaust to have? I've already ordered one anyway. I know the front pipe will need modifying slightly too, to a slightly larger bore.

Next chips. It had an amd? chip fitted. I thought this may have been the cause of the power loss, so I had a superchip fitted - made not one bit of difference ofco****. I normally fit and map Unichips, but they no longer produce one for the E30 M3. Does anyone know if there is another mappable "piggy-back" ECU available for these cars? If so, who does them?

Also, can anyone recommend a good trimmer. Mine has cloth, but the foam underneath the fabric has worn and the fabric a bit saggy.

Cheers, Paul.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Sponsored Links

chippeduk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ECU Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2004 at 14:47

I can map the car for you, info@chippeduk.com

I am thinking that maybe there is a problem if your car is producing such low power.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic