FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM3 Evo Sport tuning.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 18:41

Why do people expect a main dealer to be able to deal with a 15year old car that they only made a very limtied number of?

Those seats are also avalable in the Honda Integra Type R, DC2 (early model) not the DC5 as they are slightly different. Although better, the DC2 is exactly the same as the Sport Evo (SRD). The seat design has not changed in 15 years!!

Pikey

Old enough to know better, too young to care!
Sponsored Links

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 19:33

Surely, BMW would like to see its limited editions on the road for many years to come. If they stopped dealing with parts for these cars, they would deminish in number further and you would only see them at shows and in de-humidified garages. This would be a shame, as these cars should be used as BMW intended. This goes for every classic and manufacturer, not just BMW.

I just want to say one think, I have nothing against car showa, or those who just have these cars for showing only.

Jonners View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2005 at 05:38
er, Pikey - are you serious??

all the dealer needs to do is be helpful and cooperative and it's all there on screen

couldn't care less whether the dealer has or hasn't heard of the car - it really bugs me when they look at me as if i'm stupid because they don't know what they're talking about - this approach is rife in the motor trade...lost count of the number of times i've asked for something in a car spares shop/garage/dealer to be met with a furrowed brow "what's car's that for,then??" "you don't want to do it like that do it like this" etc...

at main dealer prices for parts i don't expect to be treated as if i'm unusual or being annoying or that i'm expecting the world

phew - rant over - not directed at anyone, except irritating blokes on parts counters everywhere....
DAWIEM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2005 at 12:27

I agree and dissagree to an extent  about blokes at parts counters. It all depends where you go and how you talk to them.

I know a bloke on a BMW parts counter who will go out of his way to find you the right part. What started out as just going down to the dealer to order a part, has developed into a good friendship, with parts being delivered to my door, comming and attending trackdays, assists with changing my tyres at track days etc. What more could you ask for, he is an enthuiast as well, and has benifited a few members on this board. If I need a part I just pick up the phone and tell him what I need and a day later its ready.

When Uwe needed a new 2.5L ( M3 ) block and other bits to rebuild his engine, we had them in TWO days from order ex Germany. Thats service along with a fair price. I know of others that are buying parts from him, even as far away as Scotland, such is the service he delivers.

End of the day it depends where you go, so it does pay to give the Bloke behind the parts counter some respect.

E30 M3 Road car ( Now in Hongkong )
E30 M3 Track Car
S14 2.0L 2002 in progress
E30 C2 2.7 Alpina
E36 M3 3.2 EVO
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2005 at 17:14
The Honda seats are not 100% identical to the SE seats.
Not height adjustable. (and a bit more rocking)
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
PikeyM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2005 at 14:03

They are if you sit on a cushion!! he he...

Jonners, I just meant that you couldn't expect an 18 year old kid to know about the E30 M3 really, if he is made to eat humble pie after he is cocky about it then fine.

Pikey

Old enough to know better, too young to care!
SFH3L View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2005 at 15:18

New to this post, as I have been head down for a while, struggling trying to avoid my friendly insurance company writing off my Sport Evo, which they have confidently told me was worth £4,150 before the idiot pulled out in front of me in December.  (I tried to select an appropriate "emoticon" for that but there isn'tm one for the expression I'm looking for!)

Yes, that number did begin with a 4, and I have not missed a "1" off the front.  Suffice to say we are still in discussion.

On the Recaro topic, I have a friend with a late model Lancia Integrale, and these share the same seats.  His were alcantara, and had the HF logo embossed on the head portion, but were the same nonetheless.  I believe they were standard fit on the Evo II Integrale 16v.  Might be worth trying that avenue if all you need is the seat gubbins too cover/recover ?

Good luck. 

I hope to have my car back on the road by hook or by crook.  A Peugeot 407 hire car doesn't do it for me as a daily driver.  I find I'm getting through a lot more coffee!

Take care everyone.

Sam.
the original "not for profit" organisation.

Independent Financial Adviser In Buckingham
My Financial Blog
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2005 at 05:29

Sam, sorry to hear about your car mate. When I HPi'd mine, the report had a parkers guide of £1250! But I have an agreed value on the car for way, way over that.

Thanks for the advice on the recaros, I think the Lancia seats would be pretty hard to get hold off, and I dont know anyone who does these cars now anyway? I think my major eadache at the moment is getting some fabric for the seats. Richard has put me in contact with someone who is trying to get me some at the moment, but he sais the grey is lighter than the original. How much lighter I dont know?

I would have them re-trimmed in leather, or half leather with the same centers, but that would de-tract from its originality and I guess de-value it a bit????? Maybe someone can advise here? I know the leather is much easier to come by.

The parts department in the BMW dealers have got a new CD which doesn't have the old part numbers on it, so this is making like much harder for them when looking up parts for us. But a cocky partsman who thinks you dont know what you are on about isn't on really. I do cringe when I get the youner one on the other end of the phone. But, he has to learn somehow.

stevesingo View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2005 at 10:15
Shep, I have the same problem, looking for the material for the seat bolsters. Having looked on Real OEM it appears that the seats are listed as 316M-TEX1 (centres) and Anthrazit (outers). If you look on 373&376 there is 373 and 376 anthrazit listed, but with no build date and on 379 with a build date of 09/1989.

As the 379 is nearest to our build date I went ahead and ordered a 2 metre length of 379. I haven't had chance to place it next to the original as I'm currently working overseas, but my Dad reckons it is exactly the same texture but very slightly darker and suggested that the original may have faded over the 15 years.

Until I have seen it myself I will not say that it is exactly the same, but I am going ahead and having both seat bolstes on both seats recovered in my absence as I think that even if it is incorrect it will be as near as it's going to be.

Hope this helps.

Steve
215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2005 at 19:43
might be of help; Go to original fitment - Honda

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/applicationlist.asp?a
ppgrpid=14

(take out the space b4    'ppgrpid=14'   &nbs p; )

damn website!!
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2005 at 05:28
Originally posted by DAWIEM3 DAWIEM3 wrote:

I agree and dissagree to an extent  about blokes at parts counters. It all depends where you go and how you talk to them.

I know a bloke on a BMW parts counter who will go out of his way to find you the right part. What started out as just going down to the dealer to order a part, has developed into a good friendship, with parts being delivered to my door, comming and attending trackdays, assists with changing my tyres at track days etc. What more could you ask for, he is an enthuiast as well, and has benifited a few members on this board. If I need a part I just pick up the phone and tell him what I need and a day later its ready.

When Uwe needed a new 2.5L ( M3 ) block and other bits to rebuild his engine, we had them in TWO days from order ex Germany. Thats service along with a fair price. I know of others that are buying parts from him, even as far away as Scotland, such is the service he delivers.

End of the day it depends where you go, so it does pay to give the Bloke behind the parts counter some respect.

I'm the scotland guy and the chap dave is talking about is 100% in what he does. All major parts i need come from him. Wouldn't go to anyother now.
Toby
New Genuine BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

1987 E30 M3 with turbo being added
GordonAC79 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2005 at 14:05

Hello guys, I'm sorry to resurect this thread but I'm new here and I'm confused with the different recaro seat references? I too have a sport evo and also have an issue with the condition of the side bolsters which I'd like to sort one way or another?

Can somebody tell me the difference between a Recaro SR, SRD and Speed? and also which model was fitted as the original in the sport evo?

Sorry, perhaps a daft question, but I'd hate to go for the wrong one. Thanks for your help

Gordon

215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2005 at 15:24
Gordon

can't help you on the seats, but what part of scotland are you from? See the scottish section as well and the scottish website.
Toby
New Genuine BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

1987 E30 M3 with turbo being added

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2005 at 15:34

Hi Toby,

I'm in Edinburgh, I have just been looking through the scottish section, only just found it about 15 minutes ago! Still finding my way around though? Where abouts are you?

Gordon

MarkD View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2005 at 03:16
Gordon

Good to see another Sport Evo in Scotland. Is it a black one like
mine?

Welcome to the board.

Mark
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2005 at 12:58
Gordon,

Are your seats leather or cloth?

I am in the process fof getting my cloth seats refurbed at the moment.

Steve
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2005 at 19:25

LOL! Its funny how this thread got from trying to sort a power problem and finding out about chip tuning to getting onto seats!

Thank you Steve for PM'ing me the part number for the greay fabric, I got 4mtrs and hope this will be enough to do all the grey in the car. It certainly looks enough! Like you said, and emailed me, I would have thought the shade would be correct, and that the car fabric has just faded slightly over the years. Let me know how yours turn out, and who are doing them. Mine is still in the bodyshop, should be ready very soon. Once back I want to get the interior sorted.

Paul.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
AC79xxx View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2005 at 04:18
The material that is available from BMW is ever so slightly lighter than the original material, but if you are redoing all the seats then I doubt you will ever notice.
I did take some pictures of the available cloth against the cloth in my car in the other thread regarding 'bolster cloth'.

Edited by AC79xxx

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2005 at 06:06

Thanks Mark, and yes it's jet black.

Steve, the seats are cloth, the bolsters on both the front seats have seen better days. I was thinking about changing the seats, front only, then found out from my dealer that the OE are no longer available. I then thought that I could buy the OE cloth and two recaro seats, SR, SRD or speed? not sure which are the originals, then get them re-apolstered in the original cloth? expensive option I know but I want to get them sorted properly!

Be good to see pictures of your seats when you get them back?

Gordon

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2005 at 09:31
Preston car trim is doing my seats for me and he claims that you will not be able to tell. They were supposed to be done by now but they're not. 20th April is when they are going in and I'll post pics when they're done.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic