Forum LockedHelp on various E36 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help on various E36 problems
    Posted: 01-January-2005 at 18:25

Evening all,

Firstly happy new year! Secondly my car is playin up a bit which is starting to irritate me. O/S Headlamp washer is still leaking, Couldn't remove the headlight fully & as I have no manual didn't wanna risk breaking anything. Then the Low beam failure started to come on intermitantly even if the light was on & found on the occasions the bulb doesn't come on with the rest popping the bonnet or litterally touching the plastic bulb housing cover will cause it to work instantly? Now to cap it all the 1st constant wiper setting stated playing up on the way back from football today. It only worked as an intermitant wipe so had to have double speed wipers on between showers. Then when the sky opened up again the 1st constant speed was fine? Has anyone got any idea what could be causing the electric probs & a detailed guide to removing the headlights & fixing the washers. Also just remembered that the car has started to make a sort of squeeking noise at idle, think it could be an engine mount as it sounds in time with the revs of the engine. Very annoying sound! Any idea's?

Thanks,

Dean.

Edited by 328i
2001 540i Sport, Silver, Black Leather
Sponsored Links

Defblade View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2005 at 03:43

1) buy a manual. It'll be money well spent.

2) headlight comes out bytaking off the indicator by releasing the clip you'll see if you look from above between the headlight and indicator and pulling forward. This gives you access to the outside screws. then removing the radiator cover panel in the middle front lets you at the inside screws. then there's the 2 at the top. Try not to let the black bits rotate.

3) loose connection in the lights somewhere.... at least it sounds like it's within the actual light unit, which makes thimgs easier. Could just be the bulb on the way out, mind.

4)wipers and engine noise - don't know;except check all connections you can find for the wipers.

Intermittant electrical probs are hell as they never show up when you're loking for them.....

neileg View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2005 at 15:36
Squeaky noise sounds like primary or secondary drive belts. Try changing the lot, could be chaeaper and easier that the alternatives. 
Cheers, Neil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic