Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE39 Front Fog Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: E39 Front Fog Light
    Posted: 29-March-2003 at 23:14

Hello guys i'm new to this site............

I need your help i have just brought a E39 535i and the off side front fog light is broken i need any advice on how do you go about changeing the lamp also is there a haynes workshop manual for this car....................

Many thanks advance..........

Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2003 at 11:01

Mines the 5 series before yours, and on that you just "undo" the lamp from behind whilst lying on the floor getting dirty!!

On the subject of manuals, I have both the haynes and bentley manuals for the E34.

The haynes one is almost a waste of time, the bentley however is the most useful thing I have ever bought for the car.

There is a chap you can contact through the club called David Meakes, he is the manual man, bentley also have a web site you can order from, I dont think there was much difference in the price, and the personal input from David was very good, actually checking that everything in mine was covered.

Good luck

Best Wishes

Nigel

rafi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2003 at 22:07

Hi

Just next to the fog light you have a plastic air vent ( between the two fog lights) you need to take this off and then you undo one or two screws and the fog light comes out . One side if the fog light has a screw the other just has to be placed into a bracket.

Now to take off the plastic vent ( or whatever it's called ) look carefully and what you will have are plastic round things on the edges , it's like one round thing with another smaller roung thing in it middle ( or a rivet but in plastic ) . what you do is grab the inner plastic with some pliers and pull it out and the whole thing comes out . , its like when your putting up shelving and you drill the hole and then put in some plastic plugs then the screw goes in , well this is the same thing but it's all plastic and it comes in one piece . GOOD LUCK

rafi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2003 at 22:10

OH

and there isn't a haynes manual for the e39 , But i know bentley are publishing one soon . E-mail them and they will notify you when it comes out

sales@bentleypublishers.com

BAD BM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2003 at 18:55

Thanks nigel & rafi for the info i have replaced the front fog light now.........

Rafi your info was the right way of replaceing the lamp sorry nigel........

I'll find out from bentley about when the manual for the E39 come's out......

Cheers guys.....................

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic