Forum LockedFeb 20: General BMW Cruise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2005 at 10:31
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Cheers matey, not everyone likes the IAM, I have my "days" with them at times.

I think, therefore IAM...

*groan*

Sponsored Links

spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2005 at 11:44
Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

I think, therefore IAM...

Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2005 at 04:16
I think I'm going to cancel this one due to the lack of interest.

Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2005 at 10:48
As I now have another confirmed attendee, the event will be happening. Very disappointed to see no other Bimmers there, though.
Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2005 at 12:08
I spoke too soon -- I have an M3 CSL along for the ride. Still no-one from East Angular, though.
Ciao,
Spokey

Biff View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2005 at 15:46

Sorry but some of us east anglian members are on duty. A1 /A14 Brampton Hut eh, might just take a cruise by in the old unmarked motor!

Only joking and would never be able to keep up, being a traffic cop was never my scene.

Hope you all have a really great day out and watch out for those really annoying mobile camera vans (Yellow Mercs) and the very quick Skoda Octavia's

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2005 at 16:12
Originally posted by Biff Biff wrote:

Sorry but some of us east anglian members are on duty. A1 /A14 Brampton Hut eh, might just take a cruise by in the old unmarked motor!

Only joking and would never be able to keep up, being a traffic cop was never my scene.

Keep up? It's not a race, I promise, ossifer! Seriously, I do stick very firmly to speed limits in villages / towns, and on the rest of the route, you're lucky if you can get to the speed limit.

Hope you all have a really great day out and watch out for those really annoying mobile camera vans (Yellow Mercs) and the very quick Skoda Octavia's

Thanks, I will be careful. PM me if you'd like to tag along for a dry run (or subsequent events).
Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 14:21
The menu has been finalised -- feel free to ship your orders in anytime, but definitely before Thursday 17 Feb, please!
Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-February-2005 at 18:32
And I've had some interest from a 1er owner ... in Glasvegas! So all you people who say it's too far away...
Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2005 at 05:26
And my Glaswegian has confirmed -- come on you Angulars!
Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2005 at 13:22
Any last minute takers? And I need the food orders by midnight on Thursday, please!
Ciao,
Spokey

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2005 at 15:55
Wow!

What a drive! I got home quite early and still collapsed on the sofa straight away! But to rewind a little...

I woke up to the melodious alarm in my phone and bright sunlight filling my room. Glancing out of the window, I saw clear blues skies and golden sun. I thought it looked quite promising, myself. However, in the 20 minutes it took me to shower and get dressed, it got remarkably cloudier and greyer. As I got into my car, I saw three snowflakes gently caress it. But I soldiered on!

I was faced with an unusual dilemma -- which car should I take? Cruises generally mean the Z1, but since this was meant to be a beginners' cruise, I thought something a little slower and more civilised would be appropriate, so I jumped in the 635 CSi and headed out to the starting point. Everybody was there bright and early, with the small exception of one furrowed-browed regular, who arrived as we were about to take off, looking suspiciously like he'd had a couple the night before!

It was a delightfully motley crew that left the Golden Arches 15 minutes late (despite my best efforts!): 1 Zinnobar 635 CSi (spokey), 1 Pistachio Z3(kazvet), 1 Topaz Z3(alfie), 1 Sterling Z4 (dario), a Quartz 120d (Roaders) and a rather well mud-camouflaged M3 CSL (Giles). Since I'd run my 635 CSi through the carwash the night before, I did feel others could have made more of an effort.

Anyway, we sallied forth through the countryside, encountering only minimal traffic and one or two rather attractive snowshowers. I knew it was bad, because neither kazvet nor dario had their roof down! Still, we managed to keep our cars on the road, even though dario had switched off his DTC so that he did lots of slidey-slidey stuff. The naughty boy! He's going to be really pleased with me when I tell him that the first stretch of video footage didn't come out at all because the camera was aimed too high!

Still, I did manage to get a couple of minutes showing how much dario struggled to keep up with me before we got to Flag Fen! We had a cup of coffee while discussing with Roaders how well his beautifully-handling 120d was keeping up with the more experienced regulars.

Because the weather was really tough, and the roads were covered with ice and so forth, I decided after our first stop to head directly to the pub for lunch and forego the pleasure of the bridge of Chavs. We lost dario at this point, due to family commitments!

None of that gastro-pub malarkey in the Fens, I'm afraid -- just good, simple food in generous quantities. Mine was lovely, and everyone else was far too polite to complain! Dessert was good for a chuckle: we'd all decided to abstain, except for Giles. However, once we'd encouraged him to place an order, I decided it would be rude to let him suffer on his own, and Roaders suddenly turned out to be equally well-mannered! We staggered out to the cars and decided to give Holmes Fen a miss too, as it was snowing again.

So we spent most of the afternoon driving away from the snow, and actually wound up finding some sun and clear skies from time to time.

All too soon, we were at the Chav Car Park in Sneeits, and my brief exploration of Roaders's brilliant collection of toys in the 120d was cut short by the arrival of some bracing sleet. We hurriedly exchanged farewells, and rode off in our different directions.

I had fun, I really hope the rest of you did, too! I think we proved today that a little rain, sleet and snow need not stop a cruise from being successful!

Thanks to all who came, and a special thanks to Roaders, who braved a massive journey to be part of the cruise! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope it inspired you to join some more!

It was this dirty when we started, honest!

Oo-ar, them's one of them new One Series...

Three decades of BMW noses
Ciao,
Spokey

Gyrock View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2005 at 11:00

As the attendee in the CSL on this, yet another of Spokey's superb runs, I've only just found this thread.  I now know why in the last club magazine there was an advert placed that basically said East Anglia Region has been cancelled due to lack of interest....

Good grief what the hells the matter with people!? Surely not everyone that belongs to the club only gets their car out at weekends to clean it??

I was seriously considering volenteering to help Chris out...I don't think I'll bother now!

....the ride of your life
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2005 at 15:48
Nice to see it went well lads, not really my bag, the kids get bored far too easily just riding around, but good luck with any others you organise.
Best Wishes

Nigel

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2005 at 16:49
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Nice to see it went well lads, not really my bag, the kids get bored far too easily just riding around, but good luck with any others you organise.

Heh, heh, heh. Bored. Heh, heh, heh.
Ciao,
Spokey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic