Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked3 series J44 CWK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 series J44 CWK
    Posted: 04-February-2005 at 18:59

Be aware of this guy, he seems to think that his car is the only one on the road and he must be driving one of these limited edition 3 series models with no indicators and windows that you cant see out of. The reason us BMW drivers have such bad reputation, fu$%@r!!!!!

He was last seen pulling out in font of me whilst I was driving my six year old daughter and her friend home tonight at ASDA in dunfermline. Thank you, my daughter enjoyed the little diversion you made us take, i.e. over the other side of the roundabout.

If you know this ****, pass my regards on!!!! hope to see you soon.

Oh and I must thank you for taking the time to check your rear view mirror and see that the people you had just about maimed were OK.

Edited by alankeith27
Sponsored Links

m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2005 at 20:46
It's good to know that the Scottish Region is blessed with excellent drivers such as yourself who never make mistakes, react appropriately to other road users and don't bear grudges.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 04:08
Just like the idiots that seem to hog the outside lane on the M8. Nothing ahead and not overtaking anyone, that's fine i'll just sit here!

Edited by 215m3
Toby
New Genuine BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

1987 E30 M3 with turbo being added
Steve Gill View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 04:37

Originally posted by 215m3 215m3 wrote:

Just like the idiots that seem to hog the outside lane on the M8. Nothing ahead and not overtaking anyone, that's fine i'll just sit here!

Thats why I think undertaking should be legalised. I've driven quite a few thousand miles in the US, and undertaking works! Drivers who are in the outside lane aren't risking their lives and yours trying to narrow the gap in front to stop you getting in.

Failing that becoming legislation, fit rockets to the front of our cars!!!

big pimpin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 09:56
There's nothing annoys me more on the road than outside lane hoggers! I don't like undertaking but sometimes it's the only option to keep your blood pressure in check !
E90 320d - M635 CSi - 635CSi Highline - GMC Typhoon - 4.6 P38
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 12:24
Originally posted by alankeith27 alankeith27 wrote:

Be aware of this guy, he seems to think that his car is the only one on the road and he must be driving one of these limited edition 3 series models with no indicators and windows that you cant see out of. The reason us BMW drivers have such bad reputation, fu$%@r!!!!!

He was last seen pulling out in font of me whilst I was driving my six year old daughter and her friend home tonight at ASDA in dunfermline. Thank you, my daughter enjoyed the little diversion you made us take, i.e. over the other side of the roundabout.

Oh and I must thank you for taking the time to check your rear view mirror and see that the people you had just about maimed were OK.

Calm down son

You will blow a gasket

Not to mention upsetting mods

Call the police with his number,but don`t post all over the forum

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
alankeith27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 13:24

Hey I can take it that sometimes we can all get a little careless, but this guy put my kids safety in jeopardy and didn't even have the courtesy to check to see we wre OK.

The old bill - "well if we pull the guy over in the next couple of weeks, we'll have a word, but if you have no witnesses, we cant really do anything"

m3Cecotto - me thinks you know this guy?????

m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 14:06

m3Cecotto - me thinks you know this guy?????

Not at all.   I just wondered if perhaps you had over reacted a tad.  It seems that you were still fuming mad at midnight.  Rather than berate the other guy, I wondered if you should look at your reaction.  Everybody makes mistakes, but a fuming mad driver some hours later is hardly likely to be a safe driver, that's all.  Of course, I didn't see it, but aparently there was no collision and therefore no injury or damage, it just seemed a little over the top to me.

Just my tuppence worth.

1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2005 at 14:53
Originally posted by SG535d SG535d wrote:

Originally posted by 215m3 215m3 wrote:

Thats why I think undertaking should be legalised. I've driven quite a few thousand miles in the US, and undertaking works! Drivers who are in the outside lane aren't risking their lives and yours trying to narrow the gap in front to stop you getting in.

Failing that becoming legislation, fit rockets to the front of our cars!!!

Steve

One should not form queues on the motorways unless necessary. The law states keep left unless overtaking. So if one comes up behind someone in the outside lane who obviously is not overtaking them sitting behind him would be the beginning of a queue. The other way to look at it is if you approach a car in the outside lane and again he is not overtaking anyone, if you pass them on the left and don't pull out in front of him then and carry on down the road a half mile or so then you have not cuased any danger. If the police spot you and pull you over then they should do the same to him and whatever they throw at you should be thrown at him, plus driving without due care and attention as he has not been paying attention.
The other arguement is if they are travelling at 70 then no one should be passing them! but it does not make it right that they sit in the overtaking lane/lanes as they are known and not the outside or fast lane.
Toby

coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2005 at 04:09

I totally sympathise mate, i can understand why you are so P'D off, i would be too. Sorry i cant offer any advise on thise and i dont recognise the number.....

mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2005 at 05:51
 i had someone once who tried to run me off the road,not just the once but cont to do so for around 2 miles,i reported him to the police,they tooka statement,got his reg num,details of the make model and colour ov the car even knew where dents and bangs were on the car he was that close to me,gave a discription of what the driver looked like and his passenger,and what did the police do.................NOTHING i hada terrified 9 yr old in the car to,was well peed off,so i can understand ur fustration.
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2005 at 09:03
mell...

You need corroboration in Scot's law. If you were the only witness, (I know you had a 9yr old in the car but personally I wouldn't use a kid as a witness either), and the other drive does not admit the offence then there is very little that can be done.

still looking View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2005 at 20:03

Hi Mell, just out of curiosity why was he trying to drive you of the road ?. Had something happened between the two of you earlier or were you just unlucky to be on the same road as a lunatic. Ive found that ive only had confrontation on the road if ive been as bad as the other driver or made the first error.

Mark.

Love driving my E36 EVO Tickety Boo

http://photobucket.com/albums/v513/MyM3evo/
mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 06:29
i also had my dad in the passenger side so he was a witness,i was in a que of traffic,he was trying to push his way into the side of me,i wouldnt let him in as he was que jumping and being very pushy,because of this he then cont to try to ram the side of my car,i didnt do anything to him apart from not let him in,dont think that justifies the fact he can ram me!!!my dad was going to get out the car at him but i said leave it il phone the police and report him.He cont to swap lanes cutting other people off,i let him go ahead of me as i was frightend of the saftey of my sister,after all his que jumping and bulling other drivers i ended up catching up with him,where i saw him nearly take the backend of another car where he was undertaking them,he was a loser and a plonker which the police did nothing about,they said they would phone me with the results of going round to the guys house but i got nothing,aparently he lives local to me as well,just hope i dont meet this nutter again!!
still looking View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 06:59

I agree with not letting queue jumpers in Mell, if everyone read the road and positioned their cars with ample time before queues formed the queues would actually be smaller. Doesnt do much for the blood pressure does it.

Mark.

Love driving my E36 EVO Tickety Boo

http://photobucket.com/albums/v513/MyM3evo/
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 07:32
common courtesy would prevent all this problems
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
alankeith27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 07:43

Can we shut this one down now guys? Seems to me i've stirred up a hornets nest!

I've calmed down a little now!! (took a few days)

Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 08:00

Originally posted by pete323 pete323 wrote:

You're right there Pete, but there's not much left of that on the roads, especially if you've got a propellor on the bonnet.

There are some very small minded people out there who won't allow two lanes to filter to one in turn, even when there are signs up telling motorists to use both lanes and merge in turn!  I experience this at Loirston Loch every morning and it amazes me how some drivers will attach themselves to the car in front in order to stop others merging

mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 10:02
well when i was already on a roundabout and he was spose to give way to me i think not!!
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2005 at 17:01
Originally posted by Chas C Chas C wrote:

Originally posted by pete323 pete323 wrote:

You're right there Pete, but there's not much left of that on the roads, especially if you've got a propellor on the bonnet.

There are some very small minded people out there who won't allow two lanes to filter to one in turn, even when there are signs up telling motorists to use both lanes and merge in turn!  I experience this at Loirston Loch every morning and it amazes me how some drivers will attach themselves to the car in front in order to stop others merging

I think you are as bad as the people who have not let you in. You know the lane filters but still want those patient enough to have been in the correct lane to let you in!! You are as bad as those people you think are bad for not letting you in.

If some one is trying to merge in between 50-100 then why should they be let in? If they have driven passed the 400 yard marker then they are being inconsiderate to those who have acted and merged in when they see the signs.

If one sees the traffic ahead has slowed to form a queue if there are no signs advising what lane is being coned off then proceed until one sees the sign at 800 and then filter in. If one knows the road works then they should filter in when the queues start to build up.

I know people may think what I will say next is bad driving on my part, but it’s my view. Years ago while on the M25 the outer lane was coned off. Many motorists had patiently queued and the road works held me up for 30 mins. As the outside lane was down to the last 10m this idiot thought he could avoid the wait and push right in, in front of me. Was a company car, not mine. I had waited patiently and decided he was not darting in, in front of me and he ended up smashing through the cones!

I just think anyone who drives past the 600 marker let alone the 400 marker are ignorant to**ers and should not be let in. Why should those who react to the signs have to put up with those who show no regard to the laws of the roads?

Juat my opinion and understanding of the highway code, except the idiot who tried pushing in front of me. These people are as bad a front foglight users when theres no fog and overtaking lane hoggers
Toby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic