Forum LockedIn car distractions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2005 at 19:24
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Spokey, your ideas for making the roads safer are all very interesting. The thing that strikes me is that they would probably meet with the same kind of response as speed cameras. Can you imagine people wanting to take there test every 5 to 10 years!

Where I come from, the concept of having your car MOTed annually would incite a revolution. I think most people would moan, but giving your car a basic safety check once a year is just accepted -- why shouldn't your driving skills be vetted once a decade?
Ciao,
Spokey

Sponsored Links

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2005 at 03:03

Originally posted by spokey spokey wrote:

Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Spokey, your ideas for making the roads safer are all very interesting. The thing that strikes me is that they would probably meet with the same kind of response as speed cameras. Can you imagine people wanting to take there test every 5 to 10 years!

Where I come from, the concept of having your car MOTed annually would incite a revolution. I think most people would moan, but giving your car a basic safety check once a year is just accepted -- why shouldn't your driving skills be vetted once a decade?

I personally think it would be a good idea. I just know how hard it is to please people. No matter what you do there will always be someone who thinks you are doing the wrong thing.

Coasting. That's ok if your the boss. Sadly where I work, if you surname isn't Huntsman, you'll never be the boss.

Just a thought on speed cameras. If no one speeds then they will generate no money, so they will not pay for themselves, so the scamera partnerships will have to be disbanded. Once they are gone we can all go back to driving the way we did!  biggrin1

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2005 at 12:24
 BUT----------YOU Paid the Piper last week!!!!!!!!!SO HOW COME YOU didnt GIVE yourself the Same advice-BEFORE you GOT done for Speeding???????? oooOOhhHHH YOU DIDNT LISTEN!!!! it Figures!!!
SAFETYFAST
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2005 at 04:28

Because it only occured to me after I got caught! Big Smile

However I cannot deny that I am not always the best person for following my own advice.

I am now determined not to get another one, even if it means holding up a queue of cars on the stretch where I was caught. 

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic