Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
force` View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vibration
    Posted: 09-March-2005 at 11:12
my daily driver, the e32 750il diamondschw,
started the same time as the disks in the transmission started to get worn, that is just a few days ago
Sponsored Links

Philip View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
E23 the forgotten 80s BMW

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2005 at 09:27
Which of your cars has this problem Disa?
Philip
'86 E23 735iA SE - Polaris - The Silver Surfer
'85 E23 735iA SE - Cosmos Blue - VJ
'86 E28 528iA SE - Dia Black - Helga
'86 E23 728iA SE - Polaris - The CHAV mobile
force` View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2005 at 07:55
hehehehe, i would like some help, but i doubt they´d come all the way out here to help me but thanks 
you all seem like a friendly bunch hehehe
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2005 at 07:51

Disa, I think you'll get lots of offers from the guys above to come and help you too!  They're a friendly bunch....

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

force` View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2005 at 07:40
thanks alot for your answers,
yes i have oil drops dropping here and there, but what i´ve figures that its from the stearingwheel oil box, it leaks sometimes, not always...
i should take a close look at that center bearing, since its been only so and so short time since i changed it, might have gotten loose... who knows (until i check it)
i might beleive the gearbox shaft might be worn, the car has quite some km´s on it :) i need to get him on a lift again and check those things out, and thanks for pointing out those points for me :)
robs e23 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2005 at 03:57
HI this sounds like a problem that a lot of jags get, the input shaft on the gearbox somtimes become warn and vibrate when starting off or slowing down. this problem is possibly the gearbox input shaft, by the way are you losing some oil under the car..
shogun View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2005 at 21:31

If your driveshaft is starting to make some noises when you take off or at low speed, it is time to get a close look at it. Sometimes changing the flex disc and/or the center bearing will do the trick. Sometimes you will have to change the whole driveshaft and bite the bullet.

Not all 7 series cars have the flex disc or guibo or hardy disk (just different names for the same). Mainly the noise comes when you accelerate or are at low speed. Could be that just a screw is loose of the center bearing or even the cover underneath. It vibrates between the front seats. I had that too. But it was not the center bearing, just loose screws of the center bearing and then the drive shaft was not fully straight.

Also check for oil mist outside of the engine mounts and the gear mounts. The mounts are outside rubber and inside is oil. If they are weak, the engine tends to vibrate more especially in idle.

How to change the center bearing and or the flex disk is shown on my webiste on Johan & Sean's page as well on the e34.net. There are links for that.

Please always betetr indicate engine, automatic/manual drive and the year. There are so many changes over the years, that it is difficult to answer correctly sometimes without such information.

Good Luck

E32 750iL,E36 M3

7 Series Tech Tips

force` View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2005 at 19:13
Does anyone know this problem of mine (lol)

When i´m accelerating from 0-60kmh ca, there seems to be something loose under the car, jingling around, and knocking on the bottom of the car... and no its not the driveshaft, or the ... uhm .... (english problems).. ring that holds it and is bolted onto the body (lol)...
i´ve recently replaced that, and i know that the disks in the gearbox are wearing rapidly and is due for repairs (waiting for parts) and i´m wondering if that could possibly make the driveshaft or something else rattle and shake like that ?
If anyone knows how it sounds when that driveshaft holder or whatever its called dies, it sounds "like" that, but like a small pin knocking on my floor... The bmw dealership out here are just nutcases and i wouldnt go there to save my life or my cars, (at the moment lol) and i´m wondering whats going on.. I´ve put the car on a lift also, but i cannot seem to find anything that could possibly rattle, so this is really puzzling me..

Any thoughts on this subject are most welcome :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic