Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow WILL you vote ? ? ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Poll Question: How will you vote in the upcoming elections?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
28 [49.12%]
17 [29.82%]
1 [1.75%]
2 [3.51%]
9 [15.79%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:24

Out of interest, and I think you'll all find this quite stunning....

Here is the status of a vote on another forum I frequent...after 4 days of voting....it's quite decisive you could say!!!

The layout hasn't come across properly, but just look at the figures...

Who would you vote for in a General Election in 6 weeks time?
Users may choose only one (81 total votes)
Labour
-
8 = 10%

Conservative
-
56 = 69%
Liberal
-
11 = 14%
Green
-
0 = 0%
Independent
-
0 = 0%
Other
-
2 = 02%
I won't be voting.
-

*& = 05%

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Sponsored Links

spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:29
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

As I said previously though, I have never enjoyed such personal benefit as I have under Labour.

My point is that this stability is illusory -- the full employment is actually the government employing millions of people who don't contribute in any useful way to the economy, other than to earn our tax money and blow it again. It would be cheaper for us (and more honest) if they were still on the dole. At some point (and I fear it's a lot closer than you and we all might hope), dear Gordon will be staring into a black hole that will take your stability and flush it thoroughly down the pan for several years.

In fact, I think it's fairly inevitable that we will pay this price shortly, and I think that whoever is the next Prime Minister will probably go down in history for all the wrong reasons.
Ciao,
Spokey

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:30

is there really any party worth voting for????..they all cheat/lie/blag/etc etc

it all depends on how much you like living here and paying taxes ...the only real true happy medium  is to create your own world and your own rules[may sound daft .but not out of reach] but.as long as peaple keep on saying yes to tax this tax that ..we shall only see an upward trend to shipping out  of the uk.....take the driver gatso driver revolt in to considaration on this one.....how many nice drivers get prosictuted before a revolt against the rage against machine ???...and how many peaple have shipped out to a NON TAX  uk  to be better off??  ,,,the stats speak for themselfs

Edited by pma1ums
its a dogs world out there
spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:33
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Out of interest, and I think you'll all find this quite stunning....

Is it a car forum? Because I think drivers (rightly) feel like they're getting a very bad deal out of Nyoo Layber.
Ciao,
Spokey

Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 21:01
I have said conservative simply because I am disillusioned with Tony and the rest of the New Labour lot. I remember Maggie. I remember the grey man John Major. I can't argue that economy wise the country is better off with Golden Brown at the purse strings. But the focus is public spending - where is it going? Education is terrible, the health service is a mess, spending on buerocrats has gone through the roof and government quangoes and think tanks are the new way to make decisions.

Most of all though, I do not appreciate being told how to run my life. If this government had its way, the nanny state would be very much in full force. As it is they do not want us driving our cars, they have made this very clear. How do they solve this? Tax car ownership and useage to such a level that it becomes prohibitive and only the massively wealthy can drive, the rest being cattle herded onto poor public transport. Meanwhile the money raised can be used on more important things, certainly not on road improvements. As for Europe, well Tony knows best and therefore there is absolutely no need to ask the 40 million people in this country who have the right to vote. And the whole 'Yes sir, Mr Bush' thing worries me as well. Sadly I cannot see Michael Howard making PM. Someone said they want Portillo back? Are you sure?!
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 05:03

I have to admit for the first time I don't know who to vote for.

I wouldn't vote for the BNP and I believe they should all be shot!

UKIP, well since I want the UK to be a part of europe there not really an option.

The green party, these guys are more about politics than saving the environment and they would have us all on Bicycles.

Liberal democrats...Hmmm. I have tomadmit I do agree with a few things they say. They do admit they will increase taxes but at least there beimng open about it, unlike labour. I would happily pay more tax if it meant better publiuc services especially public transport. I do however doubt there abillity to run the country and I don't want to end up paying too much tax!

Conservative. My problem with this lot is they are the 'I'm alright jack' party. As long as were alright screw everyone else. Attitudes like 'homeless people are only on the street because they want to be' sum them up perfectly for me. I don't agree with there views on so many things so I couldn't in all concience vote for them just to get rid of labour. Oh and I doubt motorists will do any better under them than they have under labour.

Labour. Well if there was a viable alternative but I don't think there is. I don't like the way they have treated motorists, I didn't like the way we went into Iraq not that getting rid of Sadam was a bad thing), I hated the way it took a chef to point out that we are giving our kids rubbish for school dinners, I don't like the huge amount of burocracy that they have created in education (my mother is a teacher) etc etc. However as cris pointed out, the economy is good at the moment, my mortgage rate is low, despite so called stealth taxes I still feel reasonalbly well off, finally something is being done about yobbish behaviour even if it has taken far too long and Tony Blair is the only leader who has said he doesn't see any need to look at the abortion issue etc etc 

Interestingly the most worrying veiw expressed recently was not that of any politician, it was by the head of the Catholic church in Britian who said that religion should play a greater role in politics...no it shouldn't. The last thing we need is to turn into a country like the US where right wing christians have so much power. Now that really scares me. I don't want how I live my life decided based on someone elses religious beliefs.

So after all that I don't actually think I have much of a choice.

Labour it is for better or for worse.

Oh and what does WCUK stand for?

Edited by Peter Fenwick
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 05:18

I will vote Tory and always have done. I remember Maggie and also remember petrol prices - far cheaper than now, even with the duty escalator they put on petrol (oh I would love to see 50-60p per litre)

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 06:25
Originally posted by e28silver528i e28silver528i wrote:

I will vote Tory and always have done. I remember Maggie and also remember petrol prices - far cheaper than now, even with the duty escalator they put on petrol (oh I would love to see 50-60p per litre)

Paul

But when Maggie was in power crude oil wasn't 50-$60 a barrel. Petrol prices are high and will remain high because the increasing world demand for oil.

I also remember Maggie and the decline of manufacturing in this country.

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 06:33
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

I also remember Maggie and the decline of manufacturing in this country.

manufacturing in the maggie years only had itself to blame .most companys were simply too far behind with the times and didnt keep up with the  pace ..

its a dogs world out there
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 06:48

I don't understand the ethic of "Vote Tory, always have done" any more than I do the same being said for another party.

How can this be?

Their policies (all parties) change so much you're never really voting for the same party,

Labour took all the good Tory policies and put a friendly face on them to get into power - and it worked.

The Tories are now taking some of their policies back and making the friendly face a lying face.

It's all a game and I judge the parties on what they're saying at the time of the election - I just couldn't vote the same because I "always had".

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 06:51

Originally posted by spokey spokey wrote:

My point is that this stability is illusory -- the full employment is actually the government employing millions of people who don't contribute in any useful way to the economy, other than to earn our tax money and blow it again. It would be cheaper for us (and more honest) if they were still on the dole.

I disagree with this sentiment. It wouldn't be much cheaper to have the people unemployed. It's not just about the bottom line either it's about the social problems caused by unemployment. Given the choice between paying someone to do a daft job or giving them money for being unemployed I'd choose the daft job every time. Who are these millions of people you talk about anyway? TBH you kind of examplify my point about the 'i'm alright jack' mentallity. Ive got a job and it won't affect me if a lot of people I don't know are made redundant, and it might mean i get to pay less tax. Why don't you ask these people how they would feel if they were suddenly out of a job. Also how many problems in society have their route cause in long term unemployment, quite a few I'll wager. 

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 08:36

I disagree with this sentiment. It wouldn't be much cheaper to have the people unemployed. It's not just about the bottom line either it's about the social problems caused by unemployment. Given the choice between paying someone to do a daft job or giving them money for being unemployed I'd choose the daft job every time. Who are these millions of people you talk about anyway? TBH you kind of examplify my point about the 'i'm alright jack' mentallity. Ive got a job and it won't affect me if a lot of people I don't know are made redundant, and it might mean i get to pay less tax. Why don't you ask these people how they would feel if they were suddenly out of a job. Also how many problems in society have their route cause in long term unemployment, quite a few I'll wager. 

So making up a job and giving someone money is a fix, is it? Definitely contributes to the growth and infrastructure of the country, doesn't it? Makes Britain better able to face the future, knowing that we're carrying a dead weight of bureaucrats that contribute nothing to the country other than to decrease the unemployment numbers.

If you wonder where I get my numbers from, just have a look at how many people are employed by the NHS and the Dept of Work and Pensions. Are these people all doing something useful?

The day is going to come when all the careful number massaging in the world and all the windfall taxes Gordon can levy will not cover the cost of all these people. Someone will have to pay, and that someone will be you and me. I fear that people will lose their jobs and houses on a scale not seen before, all because we've been led to believe that the economy is in good hands when in fact it's pretty shaky.

I just wonder how it makes me an "alright Jack" when I worry about being lied to to make me feel good about sponsoring people that aren't making Britain any more sustainable?
Ciao,
Spokey

Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 09:09

Interestingly the most worrying veiw expressed recently was not that of any politician, it was by the head of the Catholic church in Britian who said that religion should play a greater role in politics...no it shouldn't. The last thing we need is to turn into a country like the US where right wing christians have so much power. Now that really scares me. I don't want how I live my life decided based on someone elses religious beliefs.

Politics and the church should remain very much seperate. Just because the head of a church says he wants to be more involved in politics does not mean that every member of that church wants to be. I intensely dislike the way that all christians are tarred with the same brush by people who look at american right wing christians and judge us all. The views expressed by some hardliners neither reflect the views of the majority, or more importantly the biblical truths that christians should uphold. I cannot see the issue with the application of true biblical christian morals to this country, the reason why Britain and the US are becoming immoral is because God has been forgotten and is being marginalised.

The majority of the population have gone from apathy to open distrust of religion and the church, I accept part of the blame for that. Again, people look at the right wing evangelists in the US and see extremists hungry for power. Where is Jesus in this model?? Was he hungry for power? No. He taught us to show love and grace to those on the outside of society, something most people seem to have forgotten with the 'I'm ok' mentality. I'd like to try and change this if I can.
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 09:27

People choose to remember or forget ,what fits in with their thinking.

New RED Labia came in on a NEW Party Image for the Young dynamic generation of the late nineties, the GO-getters-   BUT underneath they are as corrupt in thinking and actions as was their Communist  mentors--the Red flag flying over most of Europe and it took 70 years to get rid of them--BUT--Bliar and the slime let the old doctrine show more and more.

Your freedoms-Your choices are disappearing not only in our Motoring world each day, but in our Whole British way of life.Compare our restrictions with similar countries--WE are the 4th Richest as you know--What interference , what Big Bros Camera,s do YOU see in other countries--WE ARE the world champs in being watched 24/7--WHY ?????? when we are supposed to live in a democratic country--but have the dictator mentality 24 hours a day.

--Your memories are so short--So you have forgotten 61 TAX Increases since Reds got in,??- Every subject you look at that was going to be the best, BUT You must pay more for it-is a disaster, out of control--make it up as they go along, Stats that proove its the greatest --and NObrainers who believe their own brainwash.

Lies, Lies and more Lies from Iraq to MI5, From stealing Pension Funds, to Rigging Elections in Birmingham--BUT--seeing all the Corruption as Perfectly normal, as the Attorney General lies and lies, -So it Must Ok--init???.

People forget after a days paper or TV, so they know if you get an extra 50p, they can waste  the Ł1 billion on computer systems that dont work , But dont say anything--its only the press that dig out the brown stuff.

Yes--ALL politians Lie-But the Blues seem to lie a bit less than the others, and have given more encouragement to stand on your own feet, reward doers not freeloaders.

PS.Agree with spokey--Where is the money coming from to carry on financing the UK Ltd, when the Sh -t hits the Fan--YOU!!.

SAFETYFAST

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 09:27

Firsr of all where do I see the numbers? secondly how do you know that none of these people do a worthwhile job? Beacuse Micheal Howard told you? And thirdly do you really think the economy would be any better off with these people on the ranks of the unemployed?

You talk about people loosing there houses on a scale not seen before. You mean higher than when the tories were in and interest rates went sky high?

The reason I refered to you as an 'alright jack' is because you are talking about getting rid of these useless jobs with seamingly little regard for the fact that the are currently filled by people with families etc. It's very easy to talk about job loses when it's not your job!

The whole issue of jobs is part of a much bigger global issue to do with costs, shareholders and increasingly competetive world markets forcing companies to move manufacturing out of countries like ours. Unless the Government does something to stop this pretty soon there will be no manufacturing laft and we will be a nation of service industries. Even the call centres are moving out now.

I agree that creating jobs for the sake of it (not that I am saying that's what has happened in this case) seams daft, but how else do you stop unemployment going balistic as companies just up and leave.

What the tax payer in effect is doing is propping up an economy that is starting to falter as a result of capitalism. We all know the reasons comunism failed but  how many of us considered the effects of capitalism long term.

D12TRE View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
josh’s beemer dad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 15:29

im not racist what so ever my best mate is algerian

but this goverment is to busy letting in refugees

im in a one bed council flat with my girlfriend and 2 1/2 year old boy  (josh)and because of house prices we cant afford to buy so ive got to wait for a house to become available but from my front room window i can see at least ten houses that are empty and have been for about a year BUT when i phone the council and ask for a transfer they tell me that the houses are reserved for the refugees and anyone else that wants them

they tell me that ive got to wait at least 4 years before i can hope for a exchange that means that me nikki and josh have got to live in one bedroom till josh is six maybe seven thats not on

so there is no way im going to leave this usless bunch of idiots in its my little boy that i feel sorry for we want another baby but we will never have one till we got the room so it doesnt look likely

LABOUR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

D12TRE View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
josh’s beemer dad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 15:30

WORKING CLASS PEOPLE ARE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST

speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 15:40

To be honest, until somebody persuades me otherwise, i never have voted and probably never will. I've heard every political party's pledges of what they will or won't do, yet i never seem to be better off.

The only thing i receive now that i have never before is the child tax credit, but that seems to be dropping every 6 months, even though my situation hasn't changed.

Edited by speedy
1995 520i se auto 24v saloon
D12TRE View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
josh’s beemer dad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 16:03
TELL ME ABOUT IT SPEEDY
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2005 at 16:22

Originally posted by D12TRE D12TRE wrote:

TELL ME ABOUT IT SPEEDY

Or they give you tax credits then stump up the council tax by hundreds a year.

Nuff said!

1995 520i se auto 24v saloon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic