Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow WILL you vote ? ? ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Poll Question: How will you vote in the upcoming elections?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
28 [49.12%]
17 [29.82%]
1 [1.75%]
2 [3.51%]
9 [15.79%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How WILL you vote ? ? ?
    Posted: 04-April-2005 at 17:27

Remember this is 100% confidential , so nobody will see what you have voted (if that bothers you) - sorry if your prefered party isnt listed, just trying to keep it simple, please use "Other".

Im trying to get a sense of how the forum sways - I could be all fancy and put one in each region, but that would be classed as X- posting.

Come on dont read it then ignore, it only takes a sec, even if your not bothered, please indicate so above.

Edited by Praktisk

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
Sponsored Links

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 17:36
looks like i was the first to cast my vote on the con side....and yep iam sticking with it ...bring back maggie anyday
its a dogs world out there
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 17:39
Official Monster Raving Loony - you know it makes sense

Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 17:39

Nice one Mr PMA .. knew I could count on you. 10% uptake on the voting so far against number of views.

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 17:44

Disclaimer - My 100% confidential statement maybe factually incorrect - I cant see what youve put, nor can any other "commoner-garden" member but the mods may be able to.

Dont let that put you off tho. Lets try for 33% uptake on the poll. .. (no puns please Mr Tan).

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 17:58
Originally posted by Praktisk Praktisk wrote:

...Lets try for 33% uptake on the poll. .. (no puns please Mr Tan).

Did someone call?

spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 18:41
I remember an era where the government of the day was filled with sleazy, money-grubbing, favour-doing blackguards, where one half of the government hated the other half, and Westminster was filled with internicine struggles.

Good job it's not like that now. This lot, even when they're caught with their hand in the till, they only go to the sin-bin for a couple of weeks and then they're back again. Even the thievingest Tory wasn't so shameless.

Really think it's time to chuck this lot out -- do we really want five years like the end of Major's term?
Ciao,
Spokey

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 18:46

Originally posted by spokey spokey wrote:

Good job it's not like that now. This lot, even when they're caught with their hand in the till, they only go to the sin-bin for a couple of weeks and then they're back again. Even the thievingest Tory wasn't so shameless.

Really think it's time to chuck this lot out -- do we really want five years like the end of Major's term?

HEAR HEAR    inknow the cons are a very weak party at the moment ....but lets get a little order back in to the uk  ..rather than a labour goverment thats hell bent on saying ..."jump  how high " mr usa.lol

we must have the most spineless of partys in at the moment......i dont think they could        ....run a bath ....let alone an econemy

Edited by pma1ums
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 18:53

I'm afraid I have resorted to taking a very individual view on politics these days.

It has been farmed by a history of watching politician after politician lie away to their hearts content and only be "outed" when a ruling superior minister decides they need a mini-reshuffle and thereby allows the odd leak of information.

So, that being the case, come election time I look at the way I'll be affected financially by the parties and the one that I'm better off under (and I take the economy in general into account), well they get my vote. 

Selfish?  Of course it is.   Opportunisitic - that too.

So my verdict:

I could never vote for a Green party - they'd kill me.

I could never vote for BNP/Raving Loony etc etc - they'd kill me in another way eventually I'm sure!

I could never vote Independent - because they'd wreck me financially by changing their mind every week.

The Lib Dems would crucify me more than any party in history, so they're out too.

That leaves Michael and Tony.

Well Michael, I fear, is about as credible an alternative as Billy Connolly is for political correctness in an argument with Chubby Brown about females rights in Govan.  Tax wise they might be a slightly better bet for me, but I don't trust them not to wreck a relatively stable economy by buying more support post election with silly rate cuts left, right and centre.

That leaves Tony.  Well not so much Tony as the man behind him.

He's given me a platform for security, a stable economy that it's reliant upon, and a comfortable last two terms as a resident of the UK under the Labour Party.

I've never voted Labour - but my individualistic approach will mean that the Tony Show will go on until Gordon gets his chance at the next election.

By then, the Tories may have realised you need a personality at the helm and reinstated Portillo in some way.  Come that day I see them as a threat, until then, we'll I'll think of what car I want next!!!

Selfish, as I said!  But you only live your own life once - and never anyone elses!

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 18:55
Originally posted by pma1ums pma1ums wrote:

....let alone an econemy

I don't understand this - the Tories wrecked it and I remember it well.

Today we have one of the most stable economies in the world.

What do you mean (and I say that in a genuinely interested un unobtrusive way)?

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 18:59
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

...come election time I look at the way I'll be affected financially by the parties and the one that I'm better off under (and I take the economy in general into account), well they get my vote. 

Selfish?  Of course it is.   Opportunisitic - that too.

Now... multiply that a few million times, and it's not difficult to see why many have decided to emigrate from WCUK. Others have also looked for other ways to leave the scene more permanently, boosting this organisation's WCUK clientele by a claimed 700%

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:05
Personally, I think the economy under Gordon Brown is the scariest thing under Noo Layber. Taxes, levies and hidden charges are at a phenomenally high level to support an unfeasibly large state bureaucracy and mad government spending.

There is a very good reason why no previous government has managed low inflation, full employment and low interest rates -- when this lot goes pop it's going to make the boom and bust years look like a walk in the park.
Ciao,
Spokey

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:05

Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

Now... multiply that a few million times, and it's not difficult to see why many have decided to emigrate from WCUK. Others have also looked for other ways to leave the scene more permanently, boosting this organisation's WCUK clientele by a claimed 700%

Again, I'm somewhat lost with this one.  The over-riding ethic/point to the comment is what? (Again, asked in a genuinely interested manner).

spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:09
I think it's a joke.
Ciao,
Spokey

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:09

Originally posted by Horsetan Horsetan wrote:

Again, I'm somewhat lost with this one.  The over-riding ethic/point to the comment is what? (Again, asked in a genuinely interested manner).

The point being that those in the same frame of mind as you are clearly outnumbering those who don't.

Therefore, those who don't get what they want have to find some way of leaving WCUK, because they feel they'll never really get what they want. In WCUK, that is..... Whether they emigrate or commit suicide is at least a form of choice.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:11

Originally posted by spokey spokey wrote:

Personally, I think the economy under Gordon Brown is the scariest thing under Noo Layber. Taxes, levies and hidden charges are at a phenomenally high level to support an unfeasibly large state bureaucracy and mad government spending.

There is a very good reason why no previous government has managed low inflation, full employment and low interest rates -- when this lot goes pop it's going to make the boom and bust years look like a walk in the park.

As I said previously though, I have never enjoyed such personal benefit as I have under Labour.

Don't misunderstand me, I pay a fortune in taxes and unfortunately one way in which they have completely let me down is in education.  That has lead us to send our eldest to Private school and our 2 year old will follow when the time comes.  However, stability has brought many fruits for us to enable this, so it could be a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul, but under the Tories I recall Peter having his faced smashed in whilst Paul held them down with a pickaxe in each shoulder - and I don't like that.

If anything I'm just disappointed that David Blunkett had to go - because I admired the guys stance on many things and my vote may well be bought by the next party to take a proper stance on youth disorder and crime rather the pussy foot around and let the decent lives of the majority continue to be ruined or blighted by the majority.

The problem is - they're all as soft as the brown stuff in this respect and the Tories would turn quicker than a rabbit at the door of its warren when it spots 1,000 whippets heading for it...

Call it cynical distrust from the past, but I won't trust them for a very long time.

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:13

i could agree with you on that one mr c

the tories did and sell off  etc etc..... and they did host a string a whole catalugue of fiancial disastars together ..however .you will only see the 80s yuppie years [that they created] every 60 years ..

it all depends on how you see stats[bent by every goverment in my life time]  and how you see the economic growth of uk plc   as a whole

i mearly see most of the uk residents wanting to ship out ...and find tax heavans...[theres plenty of them]

the tories were very clever in the way they worked .."if you wanted to get on " they would allow it ...if you wanted to stay as you were .they would allow it ..

there is fact or goverment fiction to back what i belive in this thread...and would take far to long to type at this hour ......lol...perhaps another day

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:14

....my vote may well be bought by the next party to take a proper stance on youth disorder and crime rather the pussy foot around and let the decent lives of the majority continue to be ruined or blighted by the majority.

This appears to leave us with a choice of the following:

BNP
UKIP
"The Orange One"

Oh, the agony of choice......

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:19
I could never vote for any of those under their current manifesto's, and wouldn't even utter the first one.

Edited by Coasting

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2005 at 19:22
I wish one of the main two would stand up and say they would pull us out of europe, that would make the choice much easier.
Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic