Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĂ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCSL screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: CSL screen
    Posted: 30-April-2005 at 18:48
Just finishing the restoration of my beloved left hand drive CSL, cracked the wind screen trying to fit it back in. Now the CSL screen is supposed to be thinner and lighter than the normal E9 screens. Anybody in the south east who has a good used one or suggestions how to fit a screen without cracking it?
Gus van Riessen.

A Batmobile is for life...
Sponsored Links

3.0csl View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2005 at 19:45

Gus,

sorry to hear that. I am not sure if the RHD csl's had the lightweight screen. I strongly doubt it. I would also be shocked if BMW had them but I will ask a man who will know and probably have one but the chances of him selling it are slim i'd guess.

I still haven,t been in touch with Steve Utting, keep forgetting to ring him and when I think of it its late or otherwise, I have finalised plans for the bat now and still want him to do the car though. Any pictures of yours to have a look at?

I will be back in the Uk about the 10th June if you still need me to have a look at that csl shell.

Regards,

Rohan

Rohan Murphy

3.0 csl 2285146
3.0 csl 2275522
30CSL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 17:58
Walloth and Nesch do a range of coloured glass screens, not the thin ones though. I might have to go for an ordinary one.

Steve Utting is still busy, had a beautiful Ferrari 275 in recently for bare metal respray, so you have to ring him. I told him recently that you were probably out of the country, because he asked if I had heard from you.

The shell is still offered for sale and seems reasonable, so always a possibility.

Gus van Riessen.

A Batmobile is for life...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic