Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE28 M535i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: E28 M535i
    Posted: 01-May-2005 at 21:13

hi guys, when i bought the car some time ago,the boot lid,when lifting it, was SOooo! heavy. I relised the tension springs were taken out,for parts or they were broke! so i orderd two new ones,they r like 2 seven milimeter bars ,with the steel bent 90 degrees on 1 end and bent to fit the boot lid hooks on other end,with a another bent piece to keep it secure to car structure.............Well i put the gloves on and 2 litres of water later,and the aid of a helper!(thanks) i sucseeded after the 5th attempt to install the second spring bar!(and 1 helper to keep boot lid from springing up) i sucseeded,and closed the boot,job done!!!!........so i thought i would open it and test the fruits of agony,,i opened boot lid fully(slowly) and BANG!!!!...,.,thought i was dead! 1 of the springs came of the boot lid hook>>****EEIT!!!!! so i got it back on, and WACK!!!! again>>>>>>>>>what am i doing wrong,or is the car EVIL!! HELP!  HELP!! HELP!!                            

another thing is i need to get a blower motor 4 the car,but the problem is there is 2 different types in production line when my car was made (the bmw dealer tells me) and the fan motor has been out of car that many times by me & previous owner ,the 2 yellow stickers with the codes etc....has been smudged away or distorted,has any body with any knowledge of these any idea how to tell the two apart(BEHR  &   SOFICA) it would help loads please!!!!!!!!!!                                           

Sponsored Links

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 05:34
the only thing I can think of is they have been put on in the wrong order? As don't these bars cross over one and other? I can get a pic of mine if you wish to confirm how they go?

Ian, how did you get on with the plugs for those sensors that was mentioned a while back? Did you manage to sort the running issue out?

As a foot note, the dist cap and arms etc can run for ever, even when in bad condition, until at the last minute it goes wrong causing the car to run bad, a new cap and arm etc tends to solve the problem! Just a thought?

Edited by M3AG
ian doherty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 19:08

andrew i did disconnect the plugs and put them in there proper place,its seems to run a little better on start-up generally,especially since i run fuel tank low and filled up with some super unleaded(strange)and has,4 sure a few extra horses up front,on a whole it certainly runs better,but not just right.....Its as if the extra lead in petrol is over compansating for SOME THING !! what do u reckon......

There is also some sort of sensor at the front of engine"below thermostat" that a wire is running to,i can see that its reading the teeth on the "fly wheel ????" or a steel plate with teeth of some sort,,whats that for i wonder?.

and the boot tension bars are crossing over,but its as if the boot lid is opening UP to far,or the bit that pushes up the boot lid r two short?,,any how its really bugging me,NO joke andrew there r very dangerous to work at !

i will order a new cap + arm or the leads,and more important 2 steel wheel ramps,so i can get at it properly

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 03:43
I think the unit you mention to the front of the engine by the thermostat housing is the sensor to the cold start valve, a good clean on this and it's connections can benefit. The CSV is located I think under the inlet manifold and is a pig to access unless you have small fingers. I imagine it takes a reading from the sensor and tells the CSV how much fuel to put in for a cold start?
ian doherty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 19:06

andrew i was under the impression that there was 7 injectors in the m30 engine,the seventh being the cold start injector,which i actually have not found yet !! Or is the cold start valve a sensor that sends extra petrol to the 6 normal injectors ?

could u please download picture of the "tension bars ? " that lift boot lid,as i am puzzled and i thought i had installed them correctly,thanks

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 03:20
I will do Ian. PM me your mail address, and I'll mail them to you.
Not sure how the CSV actually works though.
M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 08:15
email sent with some pictures Ian!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic