Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > General E30
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede30 Convertible price rises???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bmwz3 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 13:45
Isnt there a cause for concern if a "nice one" that is pre-historic in age (nearly 15 yrs)  has put only 50k or 60k miles on the clock ? Besides, if viewed from behind without THE badge one could easily mistake it for a nissan sunny/datsun ! 

Hmm... I have ruffled a few feathers now

Sponsored Links

Hiabboy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 04:18
 Don't get excited boys! the sun is out (?) so ASKING prices are higher . Nice unmolested cars will always fetch a premium and as most e30 cabs have been 'co*ncilled' to death , nice ones are thin on the ground. A nice e30 M3 cab can be bought for less than 8 bags so i'd imagine you wouldn't want to hold your breath waiting for a victim on a 325 at the same price !.
Profit is more reasonable than justice.
whitey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 13:58

Oh, don't get me wrong, I still think e30 covertibles are one of the safest places to put your money at the moment. Lets face it, you get naff all interest on your money in the bank so you may as well enjoy it. The car market is a fickle place to invest though, there are very few undiscovered "classics" out there. It's knowing when to jump in at the right time, the e30 convertible being the prime example at the moment it seems (along, I reckon, with the series 1 XJ6's). For once I appear to have jumped at the right time!

What I was trying to establish was, "can an 89 325i convertible really be worth a touch under 8k?", which lets face it, is fair e30 M3 / e34 M5 money. I personally would probably place 8k in a nice Shadow 2 or Bentley of some description.

Any more thoughts anyone.

Cheers

Trevor

2000 e39 523i with full factory sport kit.
1989 e30 325i Convertible
1999 Golf GTI 1.8T
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 10:18

My mate is opting out of his company car & I've persuaded him to go for an E30 325 auto conv instead of a wobbly Saab 900.

We have WLN sourcing him one for £6500 or less with similar miles.  He can afford to go for the best as a Saab (or tired E36 conv) would be more than double that.

"Mint" is a relative term. What's mint to one person is "spares or repair" to another. £2900 sounds a bargain which ever way you look at it & 102k is nothing.

There is a similar situation with Six series. You can get a ropey money pit for £3k, a mint one for £11k from Munich Legends or an outwardly good one for £6k which may go either way.

I took the line of least resistance & went to ML who still spent £3k on my 64k mile example bringing it up to scratch.

You pays your money . . .

At least bringing an E30 up to scratch is relatively affordable - wings aren't £520 each + fitting !!!

Hang onto yours & look after it - it could be money in the bank!

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Kedge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 08:23

WLN Automotive are known for selling mint E30's at sky high prices. And from what i've heard of other people they usually are the mintest of mint and get the prices they are asking. Plus it's coming up to the summer so that normally bumps there prices up quite a bit.

I'm sure you could get a really good price for yours if you were to sell it at the right time

whitey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 02:29

I've seen a couple of e30 convertibles advertised recently (in the classic dealers I hasten to add) at what I think, very strong prices. It got me thinking.....Are e30 Convertibles REALLY rising in price this much??

The following 2 cars are in the current months editions of classic magazines. What do you think?

In Classic & Sportscar, WLN Automotive have a Calypso red 320i Manual convertible, 91 'J', 53k FSH, power hood  and black leather all for £5750. 01253-304487

AND

In Classic Cars the well known Bocking Garage in W. Yorkshire has a Cirrus Blue 89 'F' 325i convertible, 47k from new, Blue hood, apparently stunning for an amazing £7750!!!. Not stated is if its a manual or auto. contact 01535-642085

I'd be REALLY interested to know what these are really like in the steel, so to speak, considering I paid only £2900 last year, for my 89 auto which I think is now nigh on mint and very original (ok it has 102k up but does that drop the price by 5 grand???). Can anyone in that area maybe pop along to have a look and let us know?

Regards

Trevor

Edited by whitey
2000 e39 523i with full factory sport kit.
1989 e30 325i Convertible
1999 Golf GTI 1.8T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic