Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked159mph, and he got off???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 08:08

Nigel, The present opinions of the majority of Drivers,regarding the Police and the non existant PR improvement is very easy to understand.Peter F will be pleased to read, once again--if you have a slime Govt who Hijacks the police authority for its own political purposes, you must expect a breakdown in respect and co-operation from the Taxpayers.

The police service have allowed themselves to be taken over -  as if a Labour party department, and Did NOT protest, the Silence was deafening.In the belief that Millions of extra Stats will cure the ever increasing crime in this country, and the 9000 extra police paid by tax increases, will improve the law & order situation, and Taking TrafPol OFF our roads ------the position is Worse than ever.

The Police have NOT made it known that the whole system is crumbling away. due to the interference of Leftwing brainwashed zombies.Having the police take the blame for drivers anger, is the usual hands off -hide behind way that the slime work-labour sweetness & light working for the people with a complete lack of success.

With some signs that the "scamera,s solve All probs" being reviewed , and realisation that many mistakes have been and are being made--time will tell what the drivers attitude will be in the future on Police thinking and actions---many years good public PR destroyed in a short time , apathy helping it along.

SAFETYFAST
Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 03:29

John

The rank and file police officers do make noise, but it is a disciplined service, not quite nazi stuff, but they do have to comply with whatever stupid thinking comes from above.

You have spent many a happy hour with them in the past, I have too, and still do occasionaly.

As you are in the Central region, would you like me to look into a car club event involving the Police ?

I can't promise I can achieve anything but I can have a go at something that involves the Police perhaps with IAM backup, an improve your driving day  ?

Any other ideas ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

Goldryder View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 03:34
Reports in every paper this morning mention that Derbyshire force had 59 different officers done for speeding when not on 999 calls...

ALL were let off after the 'black boxes' were lost when requested for by the CPS..including the one in court yesterday who drove his car into another car and a house at 90. Granted he was on a 999 call but his mate in the car behind apparently lied about the speed and cos the black box went walkies that had recorded a speed of 90, no-one could prove it.

Perhaps Derbyshire would be the ideal candidate for your idea Niggles.

Edited by Goldryder
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 03:53

Ally

Havent you ever made a mistake and had a mate cover you ?

Havent you ever told a porkie to get out of a spot ?

Day in day out they are dealing with the law, since the introduction of PACE in 1984 things have been getting worse for our officers.

The scumbags quite often know the system better than the officers ( ask me how I know this one ! ).

How about you get a shout for a burglary at a shop,( night time, shop is shut obviously), several officers attend, you are walking along  the top of a 5 foot brick wall when you see one of your fellow officers cornered by a thug  ( could be drugged up at this stage, you don't know), the thug has a knife, you drop on this thug from the wall, you put his shoulder out of joint, you then spend the next few weeks working with your senoir officers trying to avoid an assault charge, GBH at one point.

This is the real effect of the press and people that keep bleating on about so called abuses of the uniform.

There is a large contingent of "travellers" that have appeared in your area, since their arrival burglaries and thefts from motor vehicles have gone through the roof, just a coincidence...perhaps, but .......you can't even approach them officially, they have rights you wouldn't believe.

Keep it up Ally, you and your like minded souls, keep plugging away, you never know, perhaps you'll eventually get the Police service disbanded.

I'd call getting away with the odd speeding offence, ( if indeed they do ), a perk of the job, wonder if anyone else gets any "perks" in their job ?

I did hear once that in Lancashire, special constables get away with the odd camera speeding offence, but regulars don't, why ?, they are desperately short of police officers, and they were afraid the specials would resign.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 03:55
One force can bring the entire system disrespect....just as one section can bring down an entire club...allegedly.
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 04:01
Oh and incase you are interested, I have first hand experience of the Police corruption thats far more rife than most will ever know.

1984, Northants force tried to have me on attempted murder after I defended a mate's son in a bar.

Pub full of witnesses, all on my side. Northants force however decided to dress things up a bit, unbeknown to them, one of my mates was an off duty detective constable. He did a little bit of checking and passed the results on to my legal team.

I got sent down for 9 months for GBH cos the force planted evidence. Was on remand for 8 months, did 3 weeks and was home free...and the pub where it all happened threw me a huge welcome home party too.

The coppers, well they got suspended after my team had words in the ears of their superiors, 4 then were dissmissed for lying etc.

The bent ones may be a minority but they EXIST. And til someone has the sphericals to weed them out completely, no-one will respect the forces in this country.

I will NEVER respect the police.

Edited by Goldryder
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 04:11
Originally posted by B 7 VP B 7 VP wrote:

Nigel, The present opinions of the majority of Drivers,regarding the Police and the non existant PR improvement is very easy to understand.Peter F will be pleased to read, once again--if you have a slime Govt who Hijacks the police authority for its own political purposes, you must expect a breakdown in respect and co-operation from the Taxpayers.

The police service have allowed themselves to be taken over -  as if a Labour party department, and Did NOT protest, the Silence was deafening.In the belief that Millions of extra Stats will cure the ever increasing crime in this country, and the 9000 extra police paid by tax increases, will improve the law & order situation, and Taking TrafPol OFF our roads ------the position is Worse than ever.

The Police have NOT made it known that the whole system is crumbling away. due to the interference of Leftwing brainwashed zombies.Having the police take the blame for drivers anger, is the usual hands off -hide behind way that the slime work-labour sweetness & light working for the people with a complete lack of success.

With some signs that the "scamera,s solve All probs" being reviewed , and realisation that many mistakes have been and are being made--time will tell what the drivers attitude will be in the future on Police thinking and actions---many years good public PR destroyed in a short time , apathy helping it along.

Why is it you try to turn every topic around back on to the government.

The fact that this officer was caught speeding and got off has nothing to do with the government.

While I do not agree with this governments transport policy, your almost hysterical 'the governments out to get us all' view point is IMO worrying.

Either you do believe it and are just a little bit crazy  biggrin1

Or you are using a common political tactic of trying to spread fear in order to further your own political ends

Also is it within the rules and guidelines that you can use this forum to push your own political agenda, which you clearly are doing.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 04:21
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

This is the real effect of the press and people that keep bleating on about so called abuses of the uniform.

Keep it up Ally, you and your like minded souls, keep plugging away, you never know, perhaps you'll eventually get the Police service disbanded.

Well said!

Ally you said yourself that the problem is only with a minority. Well if you know that yet still let that minority colour your view of the entire force then it says more about you than them

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 04:26
Fair enough Peter, but its not just me who has lost respect and trust of that uniform. Think you will find that a vast number of people are fed up of how they seemingly get away with things...

If a civilian had done this, they would not have got CS
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 05:08

Typical news story.

How many stories have there been about druggies, gang members, etc etc etc getting CS ?

He paid a very high price, job pension etc, and so he should.

The sentencing system is very very odd.

I like the jokes that start with murder = I month in the sun with two page three models.

And end up with life inprisonment for 31 in a 30 mph zone.

Just look at the youngsters who commit motoring offences, and as part of their punishment are taken rally driving, remember that story ?

My son would almost give an arm to go rally driving, but as I and his mother make him be a good boy, and we can't afford the cost, he can't go.

Yet young thugs get it for free.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 05:14
And one young thug got it through the lottery..by winning it.

Everyone knows that life ain't fair, but it isn't helped when the one person that years ago you could look up to, and who gave a clip round the ear if you were cheeky and who would stand in the street for a natter about the weather is an obnoxious, holier than thou (mainly) young copper chewing gum and looking down his nose at you, cos he can.
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 07:26
Appears that the Police in Mercia have decided it might not be a good idea for their officers to go gallavanting at break neck speeds on tests after all...

They even admit that his speed was 'wildly excessive'...

Edited by Goldryder
rubberknees50 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Does it have chrome bumpers?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 07:27
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Ally you said yourself that the problem is only with a minority. Well if you know that yet still let that minority colour your view of the entire force then it says more about you than them

Not sure on the last line but I certainly have found more friendly, helpful, officers in uniform than I have obnoxious ones, the few of the latter I've come across I would not take as a general example.

In fact, my ex brother in law is a police officer in Peterborough and he would be horrified to be considered in any way similar to some of these recently in the news.

I do think it would help public moral if the loose cannons were seen to be disciplined, but the police must be getting sick of all this as well, and they have to deal with all the crap on the streets.

IanT
E28 528, E23 735
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 07:32

Well there you go, that should keep most people happy, and removes my new found excuse for having a blast....dam.

I wonder how many times that been quoted to officers in the last few days lol, just testing me new tyres mate, and like your chap I'm also qualified to advanced standard !

Best Wishes

Nigel

Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 07:36
Trouble is though Ian that it takes a television documentary to highlight alot of these things..such as the rascist issues in some forces.

Then you get the CC's all bleating about how they didn't know anything about it, or, they are going to sort out the problem etc..then they blame lack of cash, shortage of officers and so on...

There are bent, obnoxious, racial coppers in every force. Every force CC knows this.
Its left to the CC in those forces to deal with it.

They are not forced to deal with it and alot just sweep it under the carpet. Until, that is, a case comes into the public eye and then they all scurry round backing each other saying its a one off or he was just doing his job or whatever.

The inability of some CC's to stamp out the bad apples is what gets people on the street annoyed the most. It shows a don't care attitude and its the attitude that has to change, and that does not take money to do.

Edited by Goldryder
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 08:06
My folks got burgled once, while I stil lived with them. We had gone to a camra pub for an hour or so - only to find a couple of t leaves in our house on return..
TV next to back door with vid on top waiting to go..
(left the beatmax )

Still upstairs, my mam gave a running commentary to the police who were there in no time - unfortunatly the t leaves had gone (1 climbed onto the roof, the other got by us - with a clout for good measure).

About 6 or 7 plod turned up, including a dog van - couldn't fault them. (t leaves got away tho')

Had fingerprint guys with their blusher brushes later in the week.. Plod promised to bring round id books as we all had a good look at one, the books never turned up - even after ringing several times to remind them. In the end we gave up, but did find out that one was a coppers son.. figures.. is this what is meant by 'perks of the job' letting family off the hook?

Edited by Rhys
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 08:10

"Why is it you try to turn every topic around back on to the government.

The fact that this officer was caught speeding and got off has nothing to do with the government.

While I do not agree with this governments transport policy, your almost hysterical 'the governments out to get us all' view point is IMO worrying.

Either you do believe it and are just a little bit crazy  biggrin1

Or you are using a common political tactic of trying to spread fear in order to further your own political ends

Also is it within the rules and guidelines that you can use this forum to push your own political agenda, which you clearly are doing."

My post said NOT one word about the Speeding issue---it was in reply to Nigels comments on Police/Public relations which have deteriorated over the past 7-8 years. This has increased since the Govt.s Policy to use UK drivers as a political and Financial tool -and the Leftwing slime within their party, use the motorist on every opportunity as the reason for the the world coming to an end, while ignoring all other issues.

You , must live on a parallel world,  to not realise that the many problems with our country, have been created by THIS Govt,s inability to DO what it said it Could do--But needed more taxpayers money to to do it.So passing 1000 New laws since coming into power, many meaningless interference,s in our life , has impressed you ??. 

Youve found me  Out !!!!  , a closet political activist spreading doom n Gloom for my Political Ends--My Agenda is to remain a Free thinking-Free talking Petrolhead, one that is tolerant of other like minded people in a Democracy, and on a democratic Forum---if YOU wish to wear rose coloured glasses, enjoy while you can--they are on the next banned list !!!.

SAFETYFAST
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 08:11
My parents house was done over once too, they worked in legal circles at the time.

Coppers came and they sent me upstairs to check if morons had gone, which they had. I was about 13 at the time.

Didn't catch them. Parents used their 'contacts' and found out cos it was just another house break the police didn't look into it and just gave it lip service cos they decided it wasn't important enough as crimes go.
rubberknees50 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Does it have chrome bumpers?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 08:25

Originally posted by Goldryder Goldryder wrote:

There are bent, obnoxious, racial coppers in every force. Every force CC knows this.
Its left to the CC in those forces to deal with it.

This isn't only confined to the police, it's everywhere. The police do have a duty and obligation to be impartial - and they are expected to maintain that no matter what the provocation.

Of course they can't stamp it all out completely, not without mind control - lets not go there!, I have no idea how hard the CC's try, but they have constraints as well.

I just don't think having to deal with societies problems AND face constant sniping from the press is hardly helping them deal with any of these problems. Freedom of the press is great, but it can so easily be abused.

IanT
E28 528, E23 735
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 08:28
Originally posted by rubberknees50 rubberknees50 wrote:

Freedom of the press is great, but it can so easily be abused.

Just like the uniform and the power that goes with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic