Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuying/Selling an Imported BMW??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying/Selling an Imported BMW??
    Posted: 10-May-2003 at 12:13
Hi,

I'm considering buying a second-hand imported 330 (either 330i or 330D).  I'm worried about the resale value/hassle come time for me to sell it.  Has anyone any experience with selling a import BMW, in terms of how easy was it, how much cheaper you had to sell at compared to a UK car with same spec?

If I go for one, just how much cheaper should they be compared to a UK car?

Any advice much appreciated.

BigC
Sponsored Links

kevm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2003 at 15:30

Alot of this depends on which model and who your trying to sell it to..

P/X to a main dealer A large number won't accept it as a P/X or will offer you several thousand pounds less than the UK car would fetch.  As they are trying to discourage people importing their own cars. You'll however notice a total absance of this attitude when it comes to servicing.

Private sale .. This depends on how desirable the model is. People will be put off by the fact that it's an import despite the fact that it maybe identical.  On hard to get models (M - series mainly) it's less of an issue as there a fewer cars around. However on the more common mainstream models you'll have to discount the car to generate the same level of interest.

From my experiance of buying and selling imports i'd say normally they will be about 2 - 3 K cheaper than the UK cars although thats not set in stone i've seen imported 330's sell fast for uk car money. Just depends on who's looking to buy..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic