Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 8 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOne new owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: One new owner
    Posted: 29-May-2005 at 03:28

Hi everybody,

I have a couple of queries please. But let me briefly explain how I got here.

Earlier this year I took the plunge and set up my own IT company. I have always had "Company Cars" so was looking for a BM as for many years when I was an impressionable youth my father owned several [2600, 2800, 728, 732 and finally 635CSi] and it was the latter I searched high and low for, particularly in its M guise.

Having spent sometime browsing I ran across a well known rebuilder of all things M and just by chance they had a C reg one coming in. That was three months ago. So far I have I have heard very little from them, and actually I would like to thank them for this as I have had a change of heart, the M car was going to be my "company car", but as I read more of the 8 I realise this is the BM for me.

Yesterday I bought one, aided and abbetted by the comments on this site for which I thank you all.

Now I have bored the pants off you, here is my query. The car is an R '97. 4.4 V8 (obviously I know) and it has done 23.5K miles, and appears to be in perfect condition, I drove it yesterday and am picking it up on wednesday.

As I want to look after my 8 I'm looking for some sort of warranty. I see my options as one of the following:-

The dealer offered me Gold RAC warranty insurance for 3 years, but this seems to cover things that don't go wrong on 8's. I could try Sytners in Sheffield to see what a BMW warranty is like or I could breath in and hope for the best and save £100/month in the bank and use it incase things fail. Or does anybody know of someone who looks after these magnificent cars in this area?

can anyboby share their experiences with me please on this.

Also as the last service appears to have been some time ago (3 years), should I get it serviced immediately even though only a couple of the green lights are showing?

Thanks and have a good bank holiday, I'm too excited to even at 48.

Henners

Sponsored Links

aussie840 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Skip

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 08:27

Congrats Henners!  Another 8 owner on the forum in the same year - this is becoming a flood.  Look forward to seeing a pic.  Ian

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 17:15
Originally posted by Henners Henners wrote:

Also as the last service appears to have been some time ago (3 years), should I get it serviced immediately even though only a couple of the green lights are showing?

Yes.

Be proactive

Henners View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 17:27

Thanks Guys,

Tomorrow is the day, starting at 1.00 pm ish. Will let you know how I get on and Pic to follow, wont be as spectacular as Ayres Rock though

Approve

Henners

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic