Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYipee, I have a new BMW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yipee, I have a new BMW
    Posted: 30-May-2005 at 03:33
Well new to me anyway, bought it last Tuesday, a Cosmos Black, 99 M3 Convertible.
What a machine, ok it has a fair bit of scuttle shake but the quality of the car is superb, along with the engine and acceleration it is awesome. I don't have any complaints with it at all so far.
I would like to meet up and participate in some of the BMW Scottish car club events as well. I'll keep an eye out for the next one, unfortunately could not make the one yesterday.

I am away to wash and polish it now (If the rain stays off) and i'll post in some pics of it later on.
Sponsored Links

mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 03:37
lol welcome to the site,you live just up the road from me,il keep a eye out for you
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 04:25
Welcome to the forum, I go up to Peterhead & Cruden Bay (g/f's brother lives there but is moving next month) regularly to visit folks so may see you going about. Looking forward to seeing pics.  

Edited by ally323
E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

Gee View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 14:19
I just drove past a transporter with a black e36 M3 cab on the back of it.  It was heading towards Newburgh possible on it's way to Cruden Bay.  Was that your one or is your one sat on your drive :)
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring 012/1
2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 14:27

Hi

Welcome

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your car soon

You have found us at the right time as there are a few meets and events coming up

I am still looking for more cars for this

Arbroath 23rd July

Can i ask how you found the forum/club?

Please remember to keep your eyes on Here to find out what`s going on in our region

If there is anything else i can advice you on please PM me

Edited by pete323
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 02:47

so did you polish your new pride and joy??

are you going to come to our meet on the 19th june?

M3Cab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 19:10
Hi all,

Sorry I never posted the promised pictures sooner, but my wife had taken the digital camera to work. Then I took the car out to Dyce where it promptly broke down after 6 days of ownership. You were right Gee that was mine on the back of the transporter, they were dropping me off before dropping it at John Clarks.

Got the car back tonight though, the symptons were clouds of smoke pooring out from behind the car, when i pulled over the smoke was really bad coming out from all round the car and the bonnet. Luckily i have the BMW extended warranty with recovery so it never cost me anything to fix. According to John Clark a little socket head cap screw to do with the gear linkage had come loose and around a litre of gearbox oil had come out all over the cat, hence the clouds of smoke. I was lucky the oil never set alight.

So after all that an easy fix, a bit dissapointing and embarrasing however. Hopefully this is not how things will carry on, i'm sure it was just a temporary blip though.

Here are some pics of the car that were taken on the night i first went to see the car, i'll wait until i wash it again before i take some more with the roof down.

So where is the meet on the 19th of June, i will try and make it, however starting a new job on the 13th and i maybe sent offshore quite quickly. I will keep in touch though.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 19:13

Hi

Nice car

That one was in Autotrader in Banchory??

The meet starts off at Duthie park and then we will head out to Banchory are for a BBQ or pub lunch

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
M3Cab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 19:17
That sounds good to me, if I am still here i will definetly come along, lets hope for some nice weather then.

Your right its the one form Autotrader, I was the first person to see it. It has higher miles but really clean, the bodywork is immaculate and with the warranty and the full BMWSH i am fairly confident with it mechanically. It certainly drives well.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 19:18
did it not get new engine under warranty or something?
Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
M3Cab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 19:23
It did at 18000 miles, i spoke to Rydells who did it to confirm, however they could not tell me why it was done, it can only be a good thing though so the engine has done about 75K. I take it they must be good for 150K if well looked after, i hope so the guy at John Clark told me today that they are around 9 grand so i plan to keep the warranty going.
Gee View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2005 at 03:53

Very nice car.  I did hanker after an e36 M3 Evo but after about 6 months of searching I couldn't find what I wanted.  I mean how difficult can it be to find a 98/99 model, estoril blue, black leather, FBMWSH, less than 70k miles with a BMW warranty???

Sorry to hear about the mishap with the car but glad JC are sorting it out.  BMW warranties are great things....only wish I had one

2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring 012/1
2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
mell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2005 at 04:00
nice car good find.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2005 at 05:26

Originally posted by M3Cab M3Cab wrote:

That sounds good to me, if I am still here i will definetly come along, lets hope for some nice weather then.

Your right its the one form Autotrader, I was the first person to see it. It has higher miles but really clean, the bodywork is immaculate and with the warranty and the full BMWSH i am fairly confident with it mechanically. It certainly drives well.

Yeh that`s right

I know loads that got engines replaced under warranty

so its nothing to worry about

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
Billy610 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2005 at 14:14
Hi, thought I'd chip in here. You have bought my old M3! Some of you may remember it at the Hawes with the M3 FEK plate. The engine was replaced as an insurance claim as the car had been driven through a flood and hydraulic'd, at least that is what I was told when I phoned Rydale (and it was me who wrote that in the service book).
I loved the car, and if the hardtop passenger courtesy handle is still on the drivers side, that's because I bought it through e-bay from a german bloke in Aachen on a trip to Berlin during summer 2003.
Oh yes, and I had it up to 152 mph on the autobahn! with the outside temp reading 43 degrees during a heatwave!
I got Campbell Cars in Dunfermline to sell it for me, to (I think) Rmaxibiza (username) from Banchory. Have a search under the two names (his and mine) and you will get a bit more history.
Enjoy the car, we certainly did, so much so that my girl now drives an M3 (non evo, non vanos grief!) and remember to keep the warranty up to date. Regards Billy.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2005 at 15:53

fantastic story

sounds like a good car

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic