Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Motorsport & Track Days Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNearing my Advanced..?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2005 at 13:07

Heritage Insurance---0121 246 6060 offer cover for all models and classic ins for older cars.They have agreed to give Club members a 10% over and above for passing the IAM test.

I found the official IAM reccomended insurance people very unhelpful, doing favours just to talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.NOT interested in BMW Club Scheme of holding free assessment drives outs at our driving events, which would encourage drivers to think about getting updated to, to-days road conditions. 

Nostrils--thought the same!!!LHD for a "Real" experience for the assessment observer  Brings Real meaning to the word Observation eh!!.

SAFETYFAST
Sponsored Links

David321 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 06:40

Originally posted by Nostrils Nostrils wrote:

I have heard that insurance companies offer discounts to IAM's, is this really true and can anyone throw any figures on a before and after!

I took my test 2 years ago, (or maybe it was 3)... I went down the route of using a local driving instructor who is IAM/ROSPA qualified. (I get an annual allowance from work to spend on sports/arts tuition - I went for a package with 8 lessons and the fee included).

My first contact with the IAM 'proper' was when I met the examiner, luckily I passed first time.

Regarding insurance, I think I get an £18 discount from Elephant which just covers the annual £15 subscription!

E36 M3 Evo - Techno Violet
Previous & current rides...
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 11:54

I use Heritage for my beemer, double discount after John had spoken to them, one for BMWCC membership, one for IAM.

I get £50 discount on my vectra insurance from performance direct, but it is an expensive policy, as I have it insured for work, with a milage of 50,000, and carry tools.

It is easier to get insurance discounts for IAM if you go on to become an observer, they like the fact you have to re-qualify, but like rospa.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic