Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAlarm help needed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alarm help needed!
    Posted: 14-June-2005 at 18:30

My car is a 94 M3 German import.

Right bear with me on this cause it's a bit long winded.
I have had a "ignition" problem for a while were basically the car does nothing sometimes when you turn the key and starts others. On the advice of my local stealers leccy guy I bought a new igniton switch. Got an auto electrician to fit it tonight but it made no difference. He suggested removing the aftermarket immobiliser to see if that was the cause.
Whilst doing this something went wrong and allthough he removed the immobiliser and patched everything back ok I now have a car that is flashing it's hazards at me and, allthough it turns over now, won't start.
He thinks it may well be to do with the BMW alarm system and I am hoping someone on here will know if I can reset Confused Confused or something along those lines.
Btw I do have keys with blippers on but they don't/never have do anything?

It doesn't have ews too old.

Edited by Squashed monkey
Sponsored Links

fozzy_no1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2005 at 18:35
Hi Monkey,  have you tried disconnecting the battery for 15mins then reconnecting it.
Squashed monkey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2005 at 18:38
Tried for about 5 minutes to no avail. Saying that it is sat outside now disconnected for the last couple of hours. I will have a looksee in the morning might be enough.
fozzy_no1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2005 at 18:42

when you reconnect it the alarm will go off for a while and then reset it's self and that should be it.

differ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2005 at 08:50
I used to work for iveco truck and van and when an immobiliser was not replaced properly(i.e. not coded into the vehicle correctly) it would turn and turn but not turn over. Therefore it seems to me the original immobiliser has not been correctly coded to your new ignition switch. You say it is an aftermarket imobilizer? Aer you sure the electrician coded the new imobilizer properly? Doesnt seem like an alarm system problem. let me know how you get on. I Would suggest recoding the immobilizer. also the ignition switch must also be coded (on the ivecos anyway perhaps not the bmws)
Squashed monkey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2005 at 12:22

No it doesn't need to be recoded as it's too old to have ews.

I have found out today from a BMW technician that my (original) starting issues are easily solveable, just a relay to replace. My alarm issues are slightly more complex as I have to find the BMW alarm module and link it out. Only thing is I can't find this as it seems the left hand drive version does not correspond with the english technical data books (or this could be me being thick). So if anyone could get there hands on a wiring diagram for a left hand drive m3 I would be eternally grateful.

Also a right hand drive one may help

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic