FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwomen mcar drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: women mcar drivers
    Posted: 20-June-2005 at 12:26
dont it make you mad when you see a women in an m3 or any m car i bet they aint got a clue of what it is or its pedigree, here's a classic example ,only this morning some sort in a p reg m3 was round my steet dropping some granny off or something, ive seen her & this car before ,any way i was watching the car & see was revving the balls off it trying to reverse, she had 3 attempts to reverse instead of going forward on full lock a bit she decided to reverse up on the kerb (only the drivers front wheel went up the kerb) & anyway crunch it went as she ripped off half the under tray where the foglamp goes ,did she care did she balls ,just carried on as if it was normal , no wonder theres so many abused m cars out there its not us caning them its the bloody enemy's crap driving , winds me up seeing women in any good car & they aint got a clue how to drive it ,the only decent women driver ive seen is that sabine bird on the n/ring
cool as the fonz!!
Sponsored Links

Rags View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 12:30
yeah i would say Vikki Butler is a decent driver but she nearly crashed the new m5 at Rockingham!
rr_ww View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 12:40
Originally posted by kevs635csi kevs635csi wrote:

dont it make you mad when you see a women in an m3 or any m car i bet they aint got a clue of what it is or its pedigree, here's a classic example ,only this morning some sort in a p reg m3 was round my steet dropping some granny off or something, ive seen her & this car before ,any way i was watching the car & see was revving the balls off it trying to reverse, she had 3 attempts to reverse instead of going forward on full lock a bit she decided to reverse up on the kerb (only the drivers front wheel went up the kerb) & anyway crunch it went as she ripped off half the under tray where the foglamp goes ,did she care did she balls ,just carried on as if it was normal , no wonder theres so many abused m cars out there its not us caning them its the bloody enemy's crap driving , winds me up seeing women in any good car & they aint got a clue how to drive it ,the only decent women driver ive seen is that sabine bird on the n/ring

Odd thread

Theres rubbish drivers of both sexes. If its not your car being damaged by anybodies drivng then why get upset?
Rich.
Rags View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 12:49

Originally posted by rr_ww rr_ww wrote:

Odd thread

Theres rubbish drivers of both sexes. If its not your car being damaged by anybodies drivng then why get upset?

Alright Rich! hows things?

I think what Kevs is eluding to is the fact that it may be enthusiasts purchasing the cars at a later date and may end up with more used and abused and neglected cars than they might do if previous owners were more careful!

Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 12:54

the only decent women driver ive seen is that sabine bird on the n/ring

....and that Danica Patrick bird that drives Indy cars in the states

Chris Miller View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 12:59

Bit Harsh Dude

My wife drives my M3. She has done a high performance course and gives it some stick never curbs the wheels etc

Bet there are plenty of guys who cant drive them either.

Chris.

PJSM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 13:31

Yes. Statistically isn't it the women who kerb wheels and cause minor parking dents etc but the men who write the car off altogether!

215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 14:02
My wife put me to shame when I first bought my e30
M3, couldn't park it at all at first, my wife could do it
first time every time and she had never driven LHD.

M3imy View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 14:47
I have let my younger sister drive both of my cars and she handles them very well. can't speak for other women drivers though!
Arctic Silver M Coupe

ex Brilliant Red E30 M3 1990

rr_ww View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 15:09
Originally posted by Rags Rags wrote:

Alright Rich! hows things

Hello mate

So-So really.
Rich.
NICKM3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2005 at 18:48
My wife drives our e30 M3 fine and she also knows plenty about their pedigree - generalising women drivers is'nt clever and theres nothing cooler than a woman in a fast car
rattusM3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2005 at 02:49

Remembered some years ago being overtaken somewhat very convincingly by a female PENSIONER in a peoguet 205 GTI when I was quite young, I had a cavalier SRI at the time back in the mid 80's.

Thought it was the funniest thing - funny how some things stick in your mind.

(of course it may have been a professional driver in makeup and blue rinse wig)

Edited by rattusM3
E28 Alpina B9
E28 M535i (now a donor for B9)
E24 M6 (work has started to get back up to scratch)
E30 M3 (New Engine (almost), Cams, Brakes, ECU, Suspension, Alpha-N - Thanks Stannard Motors)
E39 530i Touring - Now Sold, sob, sob
E39 523i Touring
kevs635csi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2005 at 05:05

i wasnt having a go at women drivers in general just this one particular one , who probably aint got a clue what type of car she was driving or how to drive it properly ,just abusing it, m cars should be owned by enthusiasts not imbeciles this goes for male m drivers too, how many new m3s have you seen driven by suits who dont apreciate the car, just got it for a status symbol & run them into the ground, they wouldnt know an e30 m3 if it fell on them, this is why theres so much rubbish on the used M car scene . I hate it when you see a women in a nice bmw & you ask them what one it is & they say oh i dont know a bmw i think, probably like this woman i saw yesterday, 

ps I have never met a really good women driver dont mean to say you lot hav,nt

cool as the fonz!!
M3Nally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2005 at 07:42
I save my bad driver rants for old men in hats who like the middle lane, sunday drivers, rover drivers, and old women or young women on the phone or having a fag and on the phone whilst doing the lipstick.

Apart from people who tailgate or pull out in front of you when joining a motorway when you have a lorry the other side of you I think british drivers are great!

Kevin
brybusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2005 at 07:54

Im with you Kev, apart from a said TV "stars" ive never met or been driven by a good woman driver

Not to say there not out there but most see a car as an A to B thing and dont really care how they drive..

Some examples?

The middle aged woman I used to work with who was , in her  own words” an excellent driver” but had never in 20 years driven on a motorway because she was too scared, my ex used to have “silly little knocks” all the time and wrecked my gorgeous e21, she hit a dust cart lorry and instead of stopping, just panicked and carried on, forcing the whole side of the car into the (stationary!) dust cart

I know us blokes write our cars off but never have I heard a bloke say he wouldn’t go somewhere because he was scared of driving !

They tail gate,(don’t deny it..they do!) don’t appreciate time/distance, I can tell you on an average ride out on my bike, the majority of people who pull out on me are women drivers..

…and don’t get me started on parking……..I have to park my car well out of the way, they all come out en masse after work and smash their doors into each others cars trying to get in

As I said, there are women out there who can drive but for the majority it’s not on the top of their agenda

M3PSM View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2005 at 08:08
My wife is a pretty good driver in her A Class & can hussle it around London City centre without a dink to date, however, first (& last) time she drive the M3 (it was raining) she tried showing off & spun it on the very first roundabout, trying to copy my sideways antics.
Driver aids were invented for women & they should stick to safe slow cars with them & leave the rear wheel drive powerful ones without traction control to us in my humble opinion.
There are of course exceptions to the rule but I personally haven't met any

Drive it like you stole it!
www.myallracing.co.uk
sleeper View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Original and STILL best

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2005 at 08:54

I am sick of seeing perfomance cars wasted too.

if only people had to 'qualify' to be able to own one... to start with they should know what they have got and appreciate it!!!

RAAAAAAA!

I_MNL View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2005 at 19:07

i wasnt having a go at women drivers in general just this one particular one , who probably aint got a clue what type of car she was driving or how to drive it properly ,just abusing it, m cars should be owned by enthusiasts not imbeciles this goes for male m drivers too, how many new m3s have you seen driven by suits who dont apreciate the car, just got it for a status symbol & run them into the ground, they wouldnt know an e30 m3 if it fell on them, this is why theres so much rubbish on the used M car scene . I hate it when you see a women in a nice bmw & you ask them what one it is & they say oh i dont know a bmw i think, probably like this woman i saw yesterday, 

1) You are right about invompetent drivers (female and male) driving high performance cars. They buy them just for the prestige...

2) You may have seen my recent post about my temptation  to buy an E36 M3 3.0 1994 M reg. Well I didn't buy it and not only for the reasons I mentioned at my post, but because I also test drove a... Jaguar XKR 4.0 2000, with...only 370bhp. Awesome car, that gave me big smiles as I was "playing power games" with little and big GTIs and the like, during my test drive. For the first time I liked an automatic car (usually I adore to play with a manual gear stick )

3) Oh, did I mention I'm a woman?!?

Citizen of the Earth

Explorer of Life

Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL. NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE!

Alpina D3 2007
E36 316 1998
Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2005 at 19:27
Originally posted by I_MNL I_MNL wrote:

1) You are right about invompetent drivers (female and male) driving high performance cars. They buy them just for the prestige...

2) You may have seen my recent post about my temptation  to buy an E36 M3 3.0 1994 M reg. Well I didn't buy it and not only for the reasons I mentioned at my post, but because I also test drove a... Jaguar XKR 4.0 2000, with...only 370bhp. Awesome car, that gave me big smiles as I was "playing power games" with little and big GTIs and the like, during my test drive. For the first time I liked an automatic car (usually I adore to play with a manual gear stick )

3) Oh, did I mention I'm a woman?!?

Excellant

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2005 at 08:05
Too general, my wife loves shocking people in the M5 and handles the car very well!
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic