Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW '02 Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1602 for spares or repair (free)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1602 for spares or repair (free)
    Posted: 05-July-2005 at 15:35

This is not my normal forum, so I don't how how busy it is or how many people will see it in the next few days.

Anyway..................

Earlier today I was talking to a garage owner who has had this 1602 "in the back of the workshop" for many years. His lease is up and he is having to clear out of the premises. So the car has to go.

He tells me that it was in good mechanical condition when it came in for a bodywork restore and respray. The job was started and many areas stripped back to bare metal before the customer ran out of money to continue. So work then stopped and the car was pushed to one side awaiting more funds / parts. These never arrived and the garage owner has not been able to contact the guy who brought it in for many years (5+) 

At the moment the car looks a mess but I guess it could make a good restoration project.

Sorry, no photos at the moment and no guarantee of what you are going to get (other than I think it is all there).

The car is located in Blackburn and unfortunately has to be moved by Saturday night (maybe a few days grace could be sorted but not much more as the demolition team are due).

If nobody wants it then it is going to the crusher. Send me a PM if you are interested. I will try to answer questions but I do not know much more than that. I will try and get a couple of photos (maybe Thursday) and will get you a phone number so that you can talk to the man himself.

Don't delay if this is of interest. First come first served. I am told that it is free at the place of collection. "If you want it you can have it".

I hope this does not transgress the rules on selling! It is not mine and there is no charge. I am just trying to help enthusiastic owners so I guess it might be OK!

Peter

E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
Sponsored Links

bmw2002 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2005 at 15:41
You could advertise it on my site (Free of course)?
Just email me the details & I'll post it ASAP. Also I can email it out to the 02 Smartgroup members.
(richstern@hotmail.com)
www.bmw2002.co.uk
o==00==o
DAWIEM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2005 at 16:11

Peter,

PM sent.

Regards,

Dave

E30 M3 Road car ( Now in Hongkong )