Forum Lockedwould it work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
IRISH REGION MEMBER ///MACKEROO1

Direct Link To This Post Topic: would it work
    Posted: 07-July-2005 at 12:06

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN IRELAND DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION POUNDS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE JULY 14TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND "DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF IRELAND SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED A FORTNIGHT AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,

WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD.

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE JULY 14TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"!!!!!

Please forward this to everyone you know!!! Latest Prices of

Petrol is

?1.07 a Litre. Way too much!!

Edited by mackeroo1
Sponsored Links

Kin Mak View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 12:09
If you believe our 1 day petrol consumption is worth £4.6 billion you either need to go back to school or stop posting in stock BIG FONTS!

Man I hate these damn chain letters...

llatsni View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
work in progress

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 12:09
fair play
1996 e34 525i SE Touring [uberwagon!]
1992 e36 325i Coupe [track car]
1998 e36 316i SE Saloon [sold... but missed]
mackeroo1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
IRISH REGION MEMBER ///MACKEROO1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 12:13

though 4.6 was a bit rich , sorry about the big fonts didn't realise till i had copied it across , would be agood idea though

Red3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 12:18
that one's been doing the rounds on the english forums for months...they just replaced england with ireland.
1995 316i, 2002 520i
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 12:21
If oil was £1 per litre, that is 1.24 billion gallons worth of petrol, is each car did 100miles a day at 20mpg, that would equate to 248 million cars travelling in Ireland to make up that much money.

If cars all had 70litre tanks it would need 65.7 million cars in Ireland not to fill up for the day. The revenue comission wished it had that many cars to tax....

All rough calulations so don't hold me to it.

p.s. thanks for changing the font. big fonts just remind me of all those bloody emails I get in from John Jackson wanting 500pcs of Pentium 4 3.0ghz...

Edited by Kin Mak
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 13:17

The mere mention of £ as the relevant currency tells me all I need to know.  Filed under B (for bin).

I don't like the price of petrol, same as everyone else, but its a factor of the basic economic principle of supply and demand, supply being relatively fixed (a significant bottleneck at this stage is refining capacity, increasing this capacity takes several years) and increasing demand.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how prices will react. 

The Goverment does benefit when the price rises but its not in their interest for it to shoot up to an unaffordable level because it affects the wider economy and thus other revenue sources.  If it was in their interest, petrol would have been a euro a litre years ago.

Even as it stands, the price of petrol has increased by 30% or thereabouts since the early '90's (when I came back from a spell in the UK in 1992 it cost about 60p/litre), equating to about a 2% compound rate of inflation since 1992, less than the rate of the general economy in the same time.

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 14:03
even if it was genuine, most motorists ignore sensible advice such as shopping around for things such as petrol (and insurance, etc.) so they are unlikely to heed this.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic