FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlower Testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blower Testing
    Posted: 08-July-2005 at 15:14

In the 1986 635 - There is a circular dial that adjusts the blower control, it on the right hand side next to the three horizontal vent bars.

It is a variable resistor, that turns one quarter the way round to 3 o' clock, where it clicks.

The blower is not working, bur it seems to be drawing current, due to rev drop when turned all the way to the click.

There are many wires going into it, some go in from the bottom, and some from the back. I want to test this, so I can make see if the problem lies with the blower, or the switch. Does anyone know what wires to test???

-Ben

Sponsored Links

Brucey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2005 at 15:27

-check the motor and the transistor for this control. They are on the other side of the bulkhead and are easily accessed once the ribbed metal cover is removed. However if the transistor is faulty the fan usually works on 'full' only. If the control is OK one of the pins on the transistor should see a voltage that changes as the control is moved.

Fans often stop working just with debris in them, or because the brushes are worn. Replacements are not expensive from the breakers.

cheers

~~~~~~~ Brucey   ~~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic