FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRespray / Body work preparatrion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respray / Body work preparatrion
    Posted: 13-August-2005 at 11:17

I will at some point in time need to respray my Diamond Black 1985 635 csi. I was just wondering if anyone knows a good resprayer and bodyshop. There is some bodywork that needs preparation first, but nothing major - usual 6 series weakspots (except the wings that have already been repaired.

Who can I take it to for a good all round job in terms of accuarate colour matching, experience and price? London/ south east best.

I have always thought its best to take my 6 to a die hard enthusiasts garage as they will do the best job, failing that anyone who is passionate about old BMW's.

The very last thing to mention is that I wanted to remove as much trim as possible before doing any respray work/ bodywork, is there an internet bullitin about trim removal on the 635???, or can anyone aid me in its removal - i dont want to damage any of it since its so expensive.

Thanks ben

Sponsored Links

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2005 at 17:12

Contact Frank Taylor at MacMetals, Bunns Lane, Mill Hill, London NW7. He's getting an increasing number of Sixes going his way....

Phone number is: (020) 8959 3986.

Tell him Ivan with the burgundy 635CSi (Frank's handiwork) sent you. You might get a discount....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic