Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDonington 23rd October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 05:32

Hi, just to clarify, I was not blaming the club!  Our club was the biggest effort made of the whole show...

Thieving little scumbags nicking valve caps!  kneecapping is too good for them, its not the cost its the principle. I never bother these days with nice valve caps.

OK, point taken about the track, I didn't realise it was so much money to rent one.

By the way, anybody know who owns the gorgeous red E30 widearch convertable? That red paint was out of this world and is one of the best colours I have come across!!

Edited by darkspirit
'99 E39 528i SE Manual Scwartz black with Grey leather

In the words of SPACEBALLS 'may the schwartz be with you...' :-)

Sponsored Links

D4BMW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 05:50
darkspirit i wasn't inferring that the club was responsible for your valve caps.. i was making a point that the blame for any failings the show may have had isn't down to the club.. though I understand nobody's really blaming anyone.. just voicing their opinion..

the red convertable.. was that the one with all the AV equip and wide body kit.. rumoured to have cost £40K!!!  not my cup of tea, but you've gotta admit it was impressive no matter...
BMWCCGB ALPINA Register

E46 330Ci Sport
E32 Alpina B11
E28 Alpina B9
www.thealpinaregister.com
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 05:58

Originally posted by darkspirit darkspirit wrote:

By the way, anybody know who owns the gorgeous red E30 widearch convertable? That red paint was out of this world and is one of the best colours I have come across!!

It belongs to Ben, I believe you can find him on E30Zone.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
darkspirit View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 06:09

Originally posted by D4BMW D4BMW wrote:

darkspirit i wasn't inferring that the club was responsible for your valve caps.. i was making a point that the blame for any failings the show may have had isn't down to the club.. though I understand nobody's really blaming anyone.. just voicing their opinion..

the red convertable.. was that the one with all the AV equip and wide body kit.. rumoured to have cost £40K!!!  not my cup of tea, but you've gotta admit it was impressive no matter...

My valve caps were not taken at the show, I didn't even have my car there  It was Skull who has his pinched. I was refering to my own negative comments towards the car show and not blaming the club for them...

The red E30 itself was maybe not my cup of tea, a bit OTT (but great for a show car), but I couldn't stop staring at that paint :-)

Mark

'99 E39 528i SE Manual Scwartz black with Grey leather

In the words of SPACEBALLS 'may the schwartz be with you...' :-)

D4BMW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 06:26
ah.. mark my mistake.. that;'s what you get when you try to read and post on the forum whilst trying to make sure the boss doesn't catch on.. hehehe..
BMWCCGB ALPINA Register

E46 330Ci Sport
E32 Alpina B11
E28 Alpina B9
www.thealpinaregister.com
B10HOT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2005 at 12:51

i thought the show was ten times better than last year i was there for 8 hours and had planned to visit the museum but did not have time to go what with chatting to owners and drooling.

last year i spent half an hour in the show and 2 hours in the car park. so things are looking up.

lilcartman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2005 at 20:49

my e36 318is  was in carpark b might not be exceptional. but was happy to park it there (next to a new M5) as it's my pride and joy. is it only perfect bmw's we enjoy?

maybe we should all buy new beemers and then we wouldent say someone's car is **** i am just happy owning a bmw!!!  

B10HOT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2005 at 11:57
Well said !
BULLDOG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2005 at 12:48

Well I enjoyed the day!

I went down to meet some fellow club members without any preconceptions, the fact that the weather held off was good enough for me.I bought some new car mats and it took me two and a half hours to fit them because people kept coming up and asking me about the car. I haven't got anything new,nor concours, nor expensive and certainly nothing that frightens people off from talking to me. It was great to meet new folk and chew the fat at what I thought was a very relaxed event. And to really throw the spanner in the works I don't see anything wrong with people turning up in their every day vehicles after all it's their pride and joy.  As far as I was aware the only display area was in the hall, I was in the car park around the back with loads of others in all shapes and sizes. 

Edited by BULLDOG
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2005 at 14:18

Just to clarify my point about the standard of cars........

They do not have to be a new, or special model.  A mint e30 316, is just as good to see as an e46 M3CSL. It was good to the Wayne's DTM, Ben's very mod'ed e30 cab, Synter's new Alpina, just as it was to see good clean standard cars; a Z1, 2002, 02, e30, e36, etc.

My point was.... that the two outdoor area's either side of the hall, which I took to be part of the 'show', had some very 'tatty' cars parked there.  If it is someone's pride & joy, it doesn't have to be mint, brand new, or a limited edition..... but I think we can all tell the difference between a 'good' example, and a 'tatty' example.  And I would have expected the 'show' areas, to be filled with 'good' examples of the marque, alongside the minters, specials etc.  They do not have to sit in a garage, and only come out to get waxed and shown, they should be driven. BMW pride themselves on making 'drivers' cars.  Mine is a daily runner, having covered 9k miles in the last 6 months.

That's all I was saying!!! angrysoapbox.gif

I'll get of my box now......

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
BULLDOG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2005 at 14:24
Point clarified, I agree that if it's your pride and joy irrespective of wether it's new or old you should at least leave it looking like someone owns it.
v8m3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2005 at 15:27
Originally posted by E46ACS E46ACS wrote:

Just to clarify my point about the standard of cars........

They do not have to be a new, or special model.  A mint e30 316, is just as good to see as an e46 M3CSL. It was good to the Wayne's DTM, Ben's very mod'ed e30 cab, Synter's new Alpina, just as it was to see good clean standard cars; a Z1, 2002, 02, e30, e36, etc.

My point was.... that the two outdoor area's either side of the hall, which I took to be part of the 'show', had some very 'tatty' cars parked there.  If it is someone's pride & joy, it doesn't have to be mint, brand new, or a limited edition..... but I think we can all tell the difference between a 'good' example, and a 'tatty' example.  And I would have expected the 'show' areas, to be filled with 'good' examples of the marque, alongside the minters, specials etc.  They do not have to sit in a garage, and only come out to get waxed and shown, they should be driven. BMW pride themselves on making 'drivers' cars.  Mine is a daily runner, having covered 9k miles in the last 6 months.

That's all I was saying!!! angrysoapbox.gif

I'll get of my box now......

i agree there were some poor cars there that was taking up space that could have been used better i think that maybe next year have all the cars inside on the stands and all the auto jumble out side minus the sunday marketers who got lost,this could be a much better show but if everyone slags it off it will soon disapere why dont we have some positive sugestions that they could use to make the show as good as gaydon.

iv had my say now

wayne

Jimmy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2005 at 19:02

Hmm.

just finding this thread Im guessing my car that was in the car park display would have been one of the sh*tters, I had/have a choice on what car to have taken and I decided to drive the one I think drives the best and yes its a 19 year old E28 but I like my E28's and I know a hell of a lot of other E28 owners that would have rather walked round the car park (outside) as there were more of the type of car (E28/E30's) out there to admire, yes OK maybe if I could afford a nice E39 M5 that would have been my choice but unfortunatly Im a porper so for that I am very sorry and promise if I go next time to park my car in the muddy fields where it belongs  

Edited by Jimmy
Regards

Jimmy

98 528se Tourer
97 328 Sport
97 3.2 saloon
88 B10 # 77
85 B9
86 M5 3.6

www.e28club.com
B10HOT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2005 at 12:58

there's nothing sh*t about your car jimmy !

Jimmy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2005 at 13:29
 Thanks Tony but I have no more key rings!!!
Regards

Jimmy

98 528se Tourer
97 328 Sport
97 3.2 saloon
88 B10 # 77
85 B9
86 M5 3.6

www.e28club.com
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2005 at 14:02

Jimmy, my points weren't aimed at any of the cars in the car park, only at the cars within the main hall, and the two areas either side of the hall.  In my experience, the car park at any car show can be just as rewarding as the show itself!

Jimmy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2005 at 15:48

Tim,

My car was in the Alpina line up in the outside right carpark not outside in the main car parks!!

and take me with a pinch of salt!! 

Edited by Jimmy
Regards

Jimmy

98 528se Tourer
97 328 Sport
97 3.2 saloon
88 B10 # 77
85 B9
86 M5 3.6

www.e28club.com
B10HOT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 09:48
 come on jimmy you must have something i want 
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 12:01

I think you two need to move to another forum!!!! 

bootyman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-December-2005 at 04:04

Hi guys.  I know i'm real late on this topic, but i'm Ben (Owner of the Red Convertible)  It made me laugh reading you're comments cause it was exactly the results i wanted when i built my car.  I just felt the BMW scene was getting a little stale and i wanted to build something outrageous that i couid drive everyday, polish it and i could still take it to a show.  The paint is a Kandy Apple red and i choose it cause the car was so ourageous, i wanted a colour that was simple and clean in complete contrast to the OTT interior and kit.

Anyway, my friends and i have had a few cars in the Doni shows over the years and it was always packed back then, then all of a sudden a new organiser took over and it went downhill and even though i wasn't at last years show, i heard it was really, really bad from friends who went.  The same friends have said that this years show was a vast improvement except for the lack of cars.  This is a real shame cause i have friends with fantastic cars (from a E30 M3 Turbo to a Supercharged 5 series) that wanted to bring their cars to the show, but they couldn't get in.  Even i had to make a few waves before i was let in cause the the CC wanted only standard cars and i had to point it out to them that even though my car may not to be to everyones taste, it never fails to draw the crowds and it just shows how extreme and individual you can be with a BMW.  This was the 1st attempt by the new organizer's and i think they did extremly well and hopefully from next year onwards, it will have a lot more cars, more traders and something for everyone.  Hope you all have a Good Christmas and a Happy New Year   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic