Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW returns to UK Motor Show
    Posted: 06-October-2005 at 07:03
from www.sky.com/skynews/xml/article/0,,40000-217143,00.html
Quote BMW, one of the most conspicuous absentees from recent UK motor shows, has confirmed that it will be at the 2006 British International Motor Show (BIMS) in London.

The German car maker has shunned shows at the Birmingham NEC for five years.

Managing director of BMW UK Jim O'Donnell said: 'We have been critical of rising costs at the NEC. I believe the new show has addressed my concerns and I am delighted that we will be attending.

'I can guarantee that we will use every opportunity to present our brands in an interesting and innovative way, and hope the new show will prove to be a huge success.'

The company's Mini brand has been at every UK show since the launch of the latest car in 2001, and will continue to attend. Rolls Royce, another part of the BMW stable, has also confirmed that it will come to the capital's show in 2006.

The British International Motor Show will be held at the ExCel centre in Docklands from 20-30 July 2006. Tickets go on sale in November.

• Birmingham played host to the UK motor show from 1978 to 2004, but dwindling visitor numbers and lack of support from some car makers meant it was scrapped as a venue by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) last year. The SMMT has granted International Motor Industry Events a licence to run the biennial show for the next decade.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2005 at 05:46

Good news for London and the South, not so good for the midlands and Northern petrol heads. Pity the NEC organizers were SO gready with the costs in the past.

There is an NEC and Earls Court Motor Extravaganza in November which looks interesting, and more than just walking around in circles.

www.mphshow.co.uk  

SAFETYFAST
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic