FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCar Storage - NE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Storage - NE
    Posted: 12-October-2005 at 08:39

Early stages at the moment, but I might be looking for storage for another car.  At this time, I just don't have room for another one.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can store a car?  A lock-up, garage etc.  Ideally between Newcastle & Durham.  And does anyone have any ideas of costs, do's & don'ts etc?  Obviously I want secure and easy access.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Sponsored Links

Omi318is View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2005 at 04:33
If anyone's reading this and can suggest anything closer to Darlington for much the same reasons, I'm interested too...

Need to rebuild one of my Lasurblau iS's...
100GRA View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2005 at 12:02

Very much depends on your local situation, and just how conveniently located you want/need the garage or storage facility to be.

For the same reason I managed to buy a freehold lock-up garage in a block of six a couple of years ago which is within walking distance of my house, and the only way you are likely to find anything similar is by scanning the property ads in your local paper or calling every estate agent in your locality and asking them to keep an eye open for you.

If you want to rent, I'd suggest putting a small ad in your local rag or even in a few newsagents' shop windows locally for 50p a week or whatever they charge.

Otherwise, Classic & Sport Car mag often has ads for car storage, although from memory the nearest one to you that advertises is somewhere just off the M62 in West Yorkshire.

E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2005 at 14:26
Cheers 100GRA.  May not need it now, but thanks anyway!
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
The-Bear View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I
BMW...all cars are not created equal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2005 at 05:28
Tim there is a place called Abbey Storage in Newcastle next to the Metro Arena, they do storage from small boxes up to room large enough for cars etc. Quite reasonable I've been told

2002 E46 330i Club Sport Auto in Estoril Blue
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2005 at 05:35

Paul, thanks for that mate.  I can actually see that from my office window (it's just like being back at school, staring out the window all day instead of doing any work!!).

But it wasn't really what I was after, more of a 'lock up', so that I could actually go and work on the car, rather than just 'store' the car.  However, I am going to widen my driveway, get a shed, and clear out my garage, so that I can do it at home. (best option all round).

But cheers anyway mate.smiley20

Not coming to Donny on Sunday????????

The-Bear View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2005 at 13:34
I have to work Tim ! But next year I 'm going to try to get to a few shows. Its just this year I have either been busy or at work. Hopefully I'll have some new wheels as well to show off, enjoy anyway, hope you take some good pics we can look at. You going to the meeting in Nov ?

E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2005 at 14:20

Know what you mean mate, I've missed a few this year...Kileder (twice), last Sunday, Durham Thoroughbreds....... I'll sahll try to be better planned next year.

What's wrong with your wheels?  I think yours wheels suit your car to a T!!

The-Bear View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2005 at 15:58
Yeh they do but I like the polished rims they give it more show and the BBS design is classic, plus I like to have a deep dish rim which makes the wheels look bigger. If I'd had the car from new I'd have looked after the wheels and they would not have needed to be restored. They do look good but I think I'll be tempted by the right set of polished rims. You should see some of the American web sites the choice is amazing

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic