Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAngel eyes Headlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angel eyes Headlights
    Posted: 28-November-2002 at 16:35

I see a lot of items about angel eyes for the BMW range and wondered if this is a good idea to do this to my evo convertible?

i saw a post for a guy i know who changed his early 5 series to the newer type using genuine bmw items rather than the euro car parts route so i wondered do bmw have the newer lights available for my car?

has anyone changed these and found any benifit other than the cosmetics?

my lenses are looking pretty dirty on the outside of the lamps so i thought maybe it would be a good excuse to change the lamps but i didnt know if the lens is changed with the angel kit or not.

I saw 1 kit which was just rings to fit to the existing lamps !!

Sorry for so many questions but i ned to understand what is the best option available etc.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2002 at 21:43

I've fitted a set of In.Pro angel eyes to my E36 coupe. Fitting is dead easy - about 45 minutes with the supplied instructions. I'm very happy with the look of the rings although some folk find them a little dim. I also felt that the dipped and main beam were slightly brighter - probably due to aging of my OEM units more than any great advance in lighting design. Check out http://www.newtongrove.demon.co.uk/bmwcc/car328i.html for some pix.

There are LED kits now available for the E46 - still not seen them for the E36. These address the brightness issue.

As you say, you can also buy fibres to add the 4 rings to your OEM lights. There are a variety of kits in varying qualities.

http://www.apexcone.com/Lighting/DemonEyes/DemonEyes.html gives an idea of the complexity of the conversion. UUC - http://www.uucmotorwerks.com - offer good quality DDE (daylight demon eye) kits and I have found them to be very good to deal with. Motormec - http://www.motormec.co.uk - are their UK agents.

HTH,

Duncan

ddeuk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2002 at 20:34
Genuine DDE Demon Eye Kits (Angel Eyes) - E36 & E46 `Angel
Eyes` genuine DDE Demon Eyes Headlamp Conversion Kits.

Latest generation IV kits, unopened, with full step-by-step colour installation instructions. No special tools are required for installation. This is the brighter latest generation kit which comes with fibre optics, halogen light boxes and custom fit `halo-rings`.

Each kit also comes supplied with a full set of brilliant white AND HID blue tint halo rings (you choose which set you prefer).

This kit has the exact look of the genuine E39 5-series headlamps and uses a fibreoptic conveyed light system - just like the 5-series lamps!!

This is NOT one of the cheap LED kits that are available. This is a bargain price for a genuine DDE kit!!! These exact same kits retail in the UK for up to £280 (see motormec website).

E-mail ddeuk@o2.co.uk for ordering information and for further details. £169 + £4 P&P. Fitment service also available for an additional £49 including return postage.

fatty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2002 at 22:54

have a look at (pictures of my ride) i have had fitted a kit consisting of angel eyes using Led's. I bought the kit from a company called Autovouge in stafford. the kit fitted was £350 and it fits to your exsting lamps.

cadlon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 20:53

Where are the pics fatty?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic