Forum LockedAndy Gets Pole in Maccau

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andy Gets Pole in Maccau
    Posted: 18-November-2005 at 12:53

Watch Live on Eurosport Sunday Morning

Full qualifying times for the final round of the World Touring Car Championship from Macau.

1. Andy Priaulx BMW Team UK BMW 320i 2m 31.712s
2. André Couto Alfa Romeo Racing Team Alfa Romeo 156 2m 32.334s
3. Augusto Farfus Alfa Romeo Racing Team Alfa Romeo 156 2m 32.466s
4. Gabriele Tarquini Alfa Romeo Racing Team Alfa Romeo 156 2m 32.524s
5. Nicola Larini Chevrolet Chevrolet Lacetti 2m 32.808s
6. Dirk Müller BMW Team Deutschland BMW 320i 2m 33.062s
7. Rickard Rydell SEAT Sport SEAT Leon 2m 33.238s
8. Alain Menu Chevrolet Chevrolet Lacetti 2m 33.572s
9. Fabrizio Giovanardi Alfa Romeo Racing Team Alfa Romeo 156 2m 33.653s
10. Rob Huff Chevrolet Chevrolet Lacetti 2m 33.867s

11. Jorg Müller BMW Team Deutschland BMW 320i 2m 33.896s
12. Antonio García BMW Team Italy-Spain BMW 320i 2m 33.983s
13. Tom Coronel GR Asia SEAT Toledo Cupra 2m 34.284s
14. Giuseppe Cirò Proteam Motorsport BMW 320i 2m 34.459s
15. Jordi Gené SEAT Sport SEAT Leon 2m 34.530s
16. Duncan Huisman BMW Team Holland BMW 320i 2m 34.812s
17. James Thompson Alfa Romeo Racing Team Alfa Romeo 156 2m 35.383s
18. Peter Scharmach Engstler Motorsport BMW 320i 2m 36.176s
19. Carl Rosenblad Crawford Racing BMW 320i 2m 36.199s
20. Patrick Bernhardt Hotfiel Sport Ford Focus 2m 36.338s

21. Peter Terting SEAT Sport SEAT Leon 2m 36.645s
22. Stefano D'Aste Proteam Motorsport BMW 320i 2m 36.781s
23. Michael Funke Hotfiel Sport Ford Focus 2m 37.145s
24. Simon Harrison JAS Motorsport Honda Accord Euro R 2m 37.215s
25. Adriano De Micheli JAS Motorsport Honda Accord Euro R 2m 37.281s
26. Marc Hennerici Wiechers-Sport BMW 320i 2m 38.686s
27. Alessandro Zanardi BMW Team Italy-Spain BMW 320i 2m 38.942s

Qualification maxima – 2m 42.331s

28. Paul Poon Engstler Motorsport BMW 320i 2m 43.386s
29. Hironori Takeuchi Ao's Racing Team Toyota Altezza 2m 43.426s
30. Lo Ka Fai GR Asia SEAT Toledo Cupra 2m 44.626s
31. Ao Chi Hong Ao's Racing Team BMW 320i No time
Andy Priaulx was left understandably delighted after breaking the lap record to secure pole position for the final round of the World Touring Car Championship in Macau.

The Brit, who starts the weekend trailing Dirk Müller by a single point, put in a stunning lap in the early stages of the session to lower the lap record by four tenths of a second and take the early advantage in the three way title battle with Müller qualifying down in sixth and Fabrizio Giovanardi only able to qualify ninth.

A number of red flags aided Priaulx in taking pole, but the BMW Team UK man was delighted to have secured top spot.

"It's fantastic," Priaulx said. "The car has been great form the very first drive yesterday. In qualifying I had a good rhythm and new tyres so I pushed for a fast time. It really paid off because it was only the guys who were confident enough to push straight away who managed to post quick times before all the accidents occurred. My lap was nearly perfect, I went for it and I had a great slipstream so I'm not sure if could have been any better. However, I was not confident enough to get out of my car and finish the session early."

Priaulx will now hope to secure a good result from pole in the opening race on Sunday, although he admitted that big points would be vital given the reverse grid rule for race two and the tricky nature of racing on the tight street circuit.

"My position is probably now a little better than the other title contenders and I hope to finish race one in the top two positions to grab big points," he said. "We must remember the reverse grid however and this is where things get serious. Traffic, the safety car, blind corners, these and many more things mean that things won't be easy for me out there. I am very happy the WTCC has come to Macau.

"This type of circuit can make or break a driver so I think it's important to drive here in order to increase your skill. The circuit is controversial but it is great for the viewers and spectators and so far it has been good to me."
Das Wolperdinger

AHN-NYUNG-HEE GA-SEH-YO
Sponsored Links

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2005 at 13:14
Thanks Peter---Bet you feel the same as I do--the organisation of the WTCC as far as Rules of Driving standards are concerned, are pathetic. BTCC drivers Know that any driver shown to have acted in an unsporting ie-Dangerous way gets 10 penalty points-- so if the Alfas or Some Other BMW teams!!!! do a hatchet job,it should be the same-for Anybody and its goodby title.
SAFETYFAST
Peter H View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2005 at 02:20

Worried about Farfus in 3rd, always some accident on first lap at the end of the straight with cars braking to late. He could "Accidently" take out a certain opposition car.

Eurosport has decided to treat its FIA World Touring Car Championship fans to an action-packed evening over the Macau finale weekend in November. Eurosport will air nine consecutive hours of broadcast, including both title-deciding races live and repeats of three key races from this season.

Programming will begin with live coverage of the warm-up, from 0.45 to 1.15. Immediately afterwards Eurosport will air repeats of the championship's latest three meetings: Oschersleben, Istanbul and Valencia, from 1.15 to 4.45.

Live broadcast of the two FIA WTCC races in Macau will start at 4.45, and continue until 7.00. This will be followed – from 7.00 to 8.30 by repeats of both races and, from 8.30 to 9.45 by live broadcast of the 52nd Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix.

Eurosport coverage from Macau on the same day will include highlights of the FIA WTCC – from 11.30 to 13.00 – and the Motorsport Weekend Magazine from 21.00 to 21.30.

As a prelude to the “FIA WTCC Night”, Eurosport will also broadcast highlights of the qualifying session on Saturday, November 19th. Details on the schedule will be announced soon.

“Eurosport, host broadcaster of the FIA World Touring Car Championship, will put in an strong effort to give the best possible exposure to the championship's finale in Macau,” revealed Executive Producer Eric Lazayres.

Das Wolperdinger

AHN-NYUNG-HEE GA-SEH-YO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic