FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFREE 02:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FREE 02:
    Posted: 22-December-2005 at 10:09
1974 BMW 2002 Touring Black,black interior. No Tax or MOT, requires restoration - too good to break..Extensive History. Complete with numerous spares both new and s/hand. Front wings removed at moment. Needs a good home. New owner will need to trailer away.Worthwhile project-usual lack of time forces sale.Car located in Worthing, West Sussex
For details phone Dave on 01903 821196 or 07884 471971 mob.

The major problem is corrosion.

The plenum chamber has become blocked and rotted out .

The front footwells require patching but the chassis legs are ok.

The inner sills would benefit from full replacement but may get away with local rust cutout and fresh metal adding.

The front corners (i.e adjacent to the throttle pedal) where the inner sills meet the bulhead are the major area which needs new metal.

The bonnet and entire front assembly has been preserved with Waxoyl and is excellent.

The doors are totally rotted out but I have good bare repairable shells (just bottom of skin and frame need repair) to go with the car.

The rear mounting boxes at the rear of the inner sills for subframe mountings creak a bit when prised so need further attention.

The rear suspension turrets need replacement.

Phew!!! all the repairs are feasable to an experienced welder, but time consuming!

Good points include a perfect dash top.The paintwork and brightwork is generally shiny except for a couple of scars of corrosion on the roof.(the white primer that BMW used seems to be the culprit-very porous. and on one rear wheel arch.

Spares include new Rear brake drums and shoes and handbrake cable and BMW o/s outer sill.
Used spares include a spare rear hatch,cylinder head,servos fuel tank ,rear light assemblies and a lot of interior trim.
For details phone Dave on 01903 821196 or 07884 471971 mob.

www.bmw2002.co.uk
o==00==o
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic