Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHeater blower not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater blower not working
    Posted: 29-December-2005 at 15:23

Hi there I'm a new member and also a posting virgin....so be gentle with me!

Hope all have had/ are having a good break/holiday.

I have a 99/V 323i convertible. I'm not sure of all the designations, but I believe it is an E36. I have a problem with the heater/demister which of course has picked the coldest weather and holiday season when everyone is closed to play up  

To tell the truth the fan stopped blowing in October at which point I had a new fan switch fitted and it worked fine. I had a new microfilter fitted last week when I had an inspection 1 service.  Yesterday morning I started the ignition, and set the demister going whilst I cleared all the snow from the car. Everything worked fine. However, an hour or so later got in the car to go in to town blower not working on any setting (it is an electronic control panel). Drove into town with window open and armed with chamois - that worked wonders for my extremities .  Got into town, turned the engine off then re-started to try again - no luck. Drove the car about 100 yards then I needed to stop to get something from the boot. Re-started engine and hey presto blower working. Made a stop at Halfords to get some new wipers, blower worked when engine restarted. Set of on two hour drive to Sheffield and blower packed in, not sure exactly when but I would guess after about 1.25 hours. and has refused to work since

I have checked fuse and it appears ok. I don't know if there is a relay  for the heater/blower. The label in fuse box lid and owners manual not much help, so have not checked any relays.

In lieu of waiting for local garage to open in new year, does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic